/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim ladies and their headscarfs...give me a break! Real good videeo!

shariq_0189
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Asalam walykym

this video some christian posted up about muslims head scarves, he speaks the total truth may allah bless him with imaan. ameen:) http://youtube.com/watch?v=hp5F_iuIebI

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
sounds cool but....where is the video?

shariq_0189
11-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Srry i forgot to postt it ROFL...its up there now.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
LOL ok, Jazak Allah :)

o0o i watched some of his other videos lol.
LOL hes funni too, so true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
11-02-2006, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
Asalam walykym

this video some christian posted up about muslims head scarves, he speaks the total truth may allah bless him with imaan. ameen:) http://youtube.com/watch?v=hp5F_iuIebI
AMEEN! gotta love these christians :)

Umar001
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Wow he has more of a beard than some other muslims :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-02-2006, 12:36 AM
:sl:

5: 82. ... and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are Christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.

3: 110 ...And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith...

May Allah guide him to Islam.

:w:

glo
11-02-2006, 12:50 AM
The guy makes some good points! :)
But why are you surprised? Did you not know Christianity teaches women to be modest?

Much as I liked the guy in the video, I thought he was a bit rambly ... did anybody else think he looked and sounded a little drunk?

Thanks for the link, shariq! I should check out YouTube more often ...

Peace

syilla
11-02-2006, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
[B]
Much as I liked the guy in the video, I thought he was a bit rambly ... did anybody else think he looked and sounded a little drunk?
:rollseyes :? :?

Umar001
11-02-2006, 01:10 AM
The guy makes some good points! :)
But why are you surprised? Did you not know Christianity teaches women to be modest?

Well you can but don't expect alot of the videos to be like those above :p that was a gem very rare, or so I think.

DigitalStorm82
11-02-2006, 03:11 AM
I thought he was under the influence... but he spoke the truth...

Drunk person coulnd't make that much sense... he could just be a little nervous...

I don't think it was one sided... he's a christian who actually took a moment to think about what is going on in this world...

Only christian women that actually cover themselves properly are nuns...

syilla
11-02-2006, 05:37 AM
^^^why only nuns? can they get married too?

north_malaysian
11-02-2006, 05:44 AM

Amish people are the good example of "Christianity teaches women to be modest".

Umar001
11-02-2006, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Amish people are the good example of "Christianity teaches women to be modest".
I wonder if they get it from other theachings though. Like in my country back home, Muslim and Christian women cover, the traditional clothing for women is actually better than what I see some Muslim Women in the Uk wear, I.e They wear clothing which white or something cover their body, losely have a head covering but it is lose and sometimes transparent

But that is I believe because of the Islamic and Prioir maybe Christian or such influence, when the ladies come here they end up in tight revealing clothing even though they are christian.

Though I do have this lady, who gives out leaflets and says in them 'is the way you wear your clothes causing others to sin' or something. Which I personally thought was abit open since, although I cant remember what she wore, but I do remember thinking that she could be attracting men with her clothing.

north_malaysian
11-02-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I wonder if they get it from other theachings though. Like in my country back home, Muslim and Christian women cover, the traditional clothing for women is actually better than what I see some Muslim Women in the Uk wear, I.e They wear clothing which white or something cover their body, losely have a head covering but it is lose and sometimes transparent

But that is I believe because of the Islamic and Prioir maybe Christian or such influence, when the ladies come here they end up in tight revealing clothing even though they are christian.

Though I do have this lady, who gives out leaflets and says in them 'is the way you wear your clothes causing others to sin' or something. Which I personally thought was abit open since, although I cant remember what she wore, but I do remember thinking that she could be attracting men with her clothing.
Just look at Virgin Mary statues.... she resembles whom? Muslima?:)

seek.learn
11-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Salaam,
Peace,

It certainly seems that he was under influence.
And its also true, such an opinion is rarely heard from a non-muslim.

Ohwell. May Allah guide us all and have mercy on us. Aameen.

JazakAllah for sharing.

Wassalaam,
Peace

Umar001
11-02-2006, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Just look at Virgin Mary statues.... she resembles whom? Muslima?:)
Brother, Just because something agrees with us doesn't mean it's right.

For example, maybe the way she is isn't how she dressed? How do we know?

north_malaysian
11-02-2006, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Brother, Just because something agrees with us doesn't mean it's right.

For example, maybe the way she is isn't how she dressed? How do we know?
at least .... the Christians believe she did dress like that...

glo
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
I thought he was under the influence... but he spoke the truth...

Drunk person coulnd't make that much sense... he could just be a little nervous...
As the saying goes 'In vino veritas' (In wine there is truth) :giggling:

I don't think it was one sided... he's a christian who actually took a moment to think about what is going on in this world...
He took a hard honest look at the world, and rose above his own culture to speak out for others.
That is very admirable!

Only christian women that actually cover themselves properly are nuns...
That's a very generalised comment, and not the case.
There are some Christians groups, where women cover themselves ina fashion similar to Muslimahs (The Amish and orthodox Christian groups, for example)
Generally speaking though, 'modesty' is a relative term.
Personally, I think I dress very modestly - but I know that Muslims would not agree. :)

Peace

Pk_#2
11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

jazakhala for the vid :)

Tc!!

Asyur an-Nagi
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
lovely video! and that man made an excellent point. i love 'moslem girls with scarf won't ruin america'.

DigitalStorm82
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Glo, why do you think christians don't cover themselves properly like the bible teaches them to do so?

I know the same can be applied to muslims... as there are many who don't cover themselves...

But at least you still see some muslim women in covering.. where as I don't see any christians covering them properly... that is... in our everyday lives...

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that christianity teaches Jesus died for the sins... so they don't have to practice their religion so strictly... long as they live good moral lives its ok?

or its just that our definition of "Modesty" is so drastically different?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Personally, I think I dress very modestly - but I know that Muslims would not agree.
Before i wore hijab, i thought i was modest, cuz i was covered fully, although it was regular western clothes. The only thing i was missing was a hijab lol. So i can relate to u Glo :) But then again i wouldnt know how u exactly dress lol.

glo
11-03-2006, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Glo, why do you think christians don't cover themselves properly like the bible teaches them to do so?

I know the same can be applied to muslims... as there are many who don't cover themselves...

But at least you still see some muslim women in covering.. where as I don't see any christians covering them properly... that is... in our everyday lives...

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that christianity teaches Jesus died for the sins... so they don't have to practice their religion so strictly... long as they live good moral lives its ok?

or its just that our definition of "Modesty" is so drastically different?
Hi DigitalStorm

I have had more debates about hijab than I care to remember (Those muslimahs gave me a hard time about it in the mixed female section ... but don't tell 'em I said that! :giggling:)

So I will keep this reply brief and would like to ask people to just accept it as my personal view, and not to use it as a starting point for lengthy debates.
If this turns into another lengthy women-who-don't-cover-themselves-are-immoral thread, I will just ignore it ...:rollseyes

I will stick to the topic of hijab, but I have to go a bit deeper into Christian thinking first ...
In some ways you are right, Christians believe that by Jesus' death and resurrection the relationship between God and humans changed completely. God made a new convenant.

But I think you are mistaken to think that so we "don't have to practice [our] religion so strictly" - Jesus gave some extremely tough teachings about forgiveness, about charity and loving your enemy. Jesus' teachings make huge demands on everyday living - on how to treat other people and how to search our hearts and consciences. Now I am not saying that Christians necessarily manage to follow those commands terribly well (myself included!) - but those are the commands we should strive to live by!

Many of the 'external' things which Jews had practiced until Jesus' death (and still practice in many ways now) - the ritualistic prayers, the animal sacrifices, the cleanliness and food laws etc (many not dissimilar to Muslim practices), have lost their meaning for Christians.
Because we believe that God gave those laws to the Jews to enable them to be cleansed enough to come into his presence.
After Jesus' death, the new covenant made those things unsignificant.

What's important for Christians is our relationship with God, our love and devotion to him, how we strive to follow the example Jesus set us.

Now back to the hijab:
In the context of what I have just tried to explain, there is no requirement for Christian women to cover their heads.
It is mentioned in Paul's letter to the church in Corinthians - but that is largely seen as a cultural practice at that time, not something we should all still be doing in the 21st century ...

Women are called to be modest in their actions and thoughts - some women may strive to dress like the women did in Jesus' time (as I said, some Christian groups do), but there is no requirement for all women to do so.

I don't think whether Christians cover their heads or not is any reflection on their level of faith or on how much they love and serve God ... God alone knows how much each believer is devoted to him.

Hope this helps. :)

Umm Yoosuf
11-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi DigitalStorm

I have had more debates about hijab than I care to remember (Those muslimahs gave me a hard time about it in the mixed female section ... but don't tell 'em I said that! :giggling:)
LOL

Indeed we did had a lenghty discussion on the Hijab still those our Christian members left me in the dark and confused. What is modesty? How do you define modesty? Dress modestly you say it says in the Bible and that yet there is no requirements or a line drawn...but what is modesty? A woman dressed in tight jeans and long tight top can say "i am dressed modestly" on the other hand a woman wearing knee length skirt with a long jacket can say something else etc etc

You say God tells you to dress modestly but whats modesty?

glo
11-03-2006, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Indeed we did had a lenghty discussion on the Hijab still those our Christian members left me in the dark and confused. What is modesty? How do you define modesty? Dress modestly you say it says in the Bible and that yet there is no requirements or a line drawn...but what is modesty? A woman dressed in tight jeans and long tight top can say "i am dressed modestly" on the other hand a woman wearing knee length skirt with a long jacket can say something else etc etc

You say God tells you to dress modestly but whats modesty?
That's open to personal interpretation ...

Islam teaches that it's intention that matters - does it not?
If I go running in the summer in shorts and a short-sleeved top, then my intention is to be comfortable, not to attract the attention of male strangers.

God knows my intentions. He knows my heart. This matter is between him and me.

Peace

Malaikah
11-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Islam teaches that it's intention that matters - does it not?
If I go running in the summer in shorts and a short-sleeved top, then my intention is to be comfortable, not to attract the attention of male strangers.

Yes, BUT that does not mean Muslims can sin and say 'I have good intentions'.

Also, just because the intention isnt to attract male attention, that doesnt mean that the behaviour doesnt attract unwanted attention. (No, I'm not talkng about you in specific Glo. Just in general, a person might not intend one thing, but their actions suggest otherwise nonetheless).

glo
11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Yes, BUT that does not mean Muslims can sin and say 'I have good intentions'.
I agree. That applies to Islamic teaching.
According to Christian teaching it is not sinful to keep your head uncovered (for reasons given previously)

Also, just because the intention isnt to attract male attention, that doesnt mean that the behaviour doesnt attract unwanted attention. (No, I'm not talkng about you in specific Glo. Just in general, a person might not intend one thing, but their actions suggest otherwise nonetheless).
That's true.
If me running in shorts and t-shirt attracted unwanted attention from men, I would have to consider my options ... and I may choose to take action to avoid such incidents (to call the police, to run in a group or with my husband, to choose a different route, to run at a different time, and possibly to dress differently ... actually, whilst I am typing this, it occurs to me that I would consider dressing differently possibly the least effective of these options)

Peace

Malaikah
11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
According to Christian teaching it is not sinful to keep your head uncovered (for reasons given previously)
I know. That is why i said Muslims specifically. ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.