/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Biography of the prophet

Malaikah
11-03-2006, 04:38 AM
:sl:

I just wanted to know how many different books there are about the biogrpahy of prophet (complete ones) and which ones are the best? I'm particulary interested in one that mentions a lot of hadith as support rather than just telling the story with out reference to hadiths and stuff.

Also, if you mention a book can you tell me how long it is as well?

English only!

Jazakaallah khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
11-03-2006, 08:25 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

there are probably thousands i would imagine, some will be good, some will be dire and full of falsehood.

would recommend the sealed nector which is a good recent book in good english that is from a publishers that is strict on only using sahih sources.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-03-2006, 04:11 PM
From the second link in my sig....
Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil M. Salahi. Links (Paperback)
Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) by Shaykh Safi-ur-Rahman Al-Mubarpuri. Links (Hardcover, Available online as well)
Biography of the Prophet of Islam by Dr. Mahdi Rizqullah Ahmad. Links (Hardcover 2 Volumes)
The Noble Life of the Prophet by Dr. 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee. Links (Hardcover 3 Volumes)

Hijrah
11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

there are probably thousands i would imagine, some will be good, some will be dire and full of falsehood.

would recommend the sealed nector which is a good recent book in good english that is from a publishers that is strict on only using sahih sources.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
That book has also relied on some Da'if Hadiths in a few parts but other than that yes, it's very reliable and informational, especially if you wanna get some of those really small details...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
11-03-2006, 11:22 PM

Jazakaallah khayr everyone :D Are the biographies all politically oriented? :?

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-04-2006, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Jazakaallah khayr everyone :D Are the biographies all politically orientated? :?
The one by Al-Mubarakpuri is straightforward facts, the one by Adil Salahi contains very nice reflections and an overall fantastic overview, the triple-volume set by As-Sallaabee contains rulings and lessons from each event, and the double-volume set by Rizqullah Ahmad contains a detailed analysis of the authenticity of the reports on each event in the sirah. I would recommend the one by Adil Salahi for anyone and everyone.

:w:

Malaikah
11-04-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The one by Al-Mubarakpuri is straightforward facts

Does that mean its a boring read?

Hijrah
11-04-2006, 05:29 PM

It isn't it's a very good read, and I don't think he indicated it was boring either

learningislam
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
:salamext:

sis cheese, i read the one by Mubarakpuri (not read completely).And That was a real good read, i didnt find it boring. The real versions are in arabic and urdu, and the translation in eng. I read the one in urdu.

:wasalamex

Malaikah
11-04-2006, 11:10 PM

Jazaakaallah khayr. I just asked if it was boring because he said it was "straightforward facts" which is usually kinda boring. But i'll take your word for it. :)

Umar001
11-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Man, I read, When The Moon Split, that book just left me with questions.

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Not really, but I would recommend you start with the biography by Adil Salahi. It is longer (800 pages) but it is very touching and takes a very comprehensive approach and is overall the best intro to the seerah of the Prophet Muhammad saws.

Musalmaan
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM

I just wanted to know how many different books there are about the biogrpahy of prophet (complete ones) and which ones are the best? I'm particulary interested in one that mentions a lot of hadith as support rather than just telling the story with out reference to hadiths and stuff.
i suggest the tafseer of Quran, abook revealed for abt 23 years of nabuwwah(prophecy).

Recommended tafseer, Ma'ariful Quran by late Grand Mufti of Pakistan, Mufti Muhammad Shafi Usmani r.a, the book is now translated into english as well.

Malaikah
11-05-2006, 11:18 AM

I'm not really sure what you mean...:hiding:

Umar001
11-05-2006, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan
i suggest the tafseer of Quran, abook revealed for abt 23 years of nabuwwah(prophecy).

Recommended tafseer, Ma'ariful Quran by late Grand Mufti of Pakistan, Mufti Muhammad Shafi Usmani r.a, the book is now translated into english as well.

Assalamu aleykum,

She's Muslim akhi, I think she does read Qu'ran.

Anyhow, general q, why people called 'Al Hanafi' cos oftheir madhab?

Malaikah
11-05-2006, 11:46 AM

But the tafsir isnt the same is it? I prefer to read a biography in chronological order, as a complete thing...

Musalmaan
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Assalamu aleykum,

She's Muslim akhi, I think she does read Qu'ran.
:)
thats why i recommend her to read the tafseer(explaination) of Quran.
it contains the whole character (life) of prophet Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam.
Anyhow, general q, why people called 'Al Hanafi' cos oftheir madhab?

just like
we are human among creature
male in gender
muslim by religion
pakistani by country

simailarly,
hanafi due to madhab.

anything above does not contradict one another.

Hijrah
11-05-2006, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

Not really, but I would recommend you start with the biography by Adil Salahi. It is longer (800 pages) but it is very touching and takes a very comprehensive approach and is overall the best intro to the seerah of the Prophet Muhammad saws.

I think I should get that one too lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.