/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Copyright on Lectures.....

TheRightPathI
11-03-2006, 02:53 PM
:sl: I would just like to ask a question about the fact that all of the lectures posted on this site and the links to them seems to have a copyright. I mean the lectures by Anwar al Awlaki and Muhammad al Shareef seem to have a copyright on them. On emanrush.com they are selling his lectures but on Kalamullah.com and streetdawah.com you can download his lectures, however, you are supposed to pay for them on emanrush.com Also the same goes for Imam Anwar al Awlaki talks and for a quite a few other speakers as well. I would like to know what are your thoughts on this and do you think it is haram? Also its weird that sites like emanrush.com have not asked the sites like streetdawah.com to take out Muhammad al Shareef lectures. This whole matter to me is very strange because I can practically download all of the Muhammad al Shareef talks and also the Imam Anwar al Awlaki talks but,now there are sites asking us to pay for these talks. This is the discussion here about downloading his lectures, they have said it is impermissible. http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=14107
This is just really upsetting to me because I really looked forward to downloading and listening to his lectures and as well as other speakers.
Here are the sites where you can buy the lectures. http://maktabah.net/audio/default.asp?Subcategory=19
http://www.emanrush.com/

Here is one website that talks about this issue. http://darulislam.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2007 I don't know after reading this I'm more confused because some say it is not right if they are copyrighted and one link given on the forum said it is haram to sell people the deen. :w: I truly hope that someone can answer this question for me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
The lectures you speak of are not on this site, rather they are on other sites. We don't upload any copyrighted lectures. In regards to external links being posted which containt copyrighted lectures, we'll discuss this with the other admins and voice our stance on this issue inshaa'Allah.

united
11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
should i stop uploading the zain bhikha nasheeds then?
they are copyrighted.

TheRightPathI
11-03-2006, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
The lectures you speak of are not on this site, rather they are on other sites. We don't upload any copyrighted lectures. In regards to external links being posted which containt copyrighted lectures, we'll discuss this with the other admins and voice our stance on this issue inshaa'Allah.
:sl: Yes I would really like to know what the admins stance on this is. Thank You

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nasir1404
11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
One very valid opinion is that copyright is haram

copyright is haram because it does not allow the Haq of Tasarruf (the right of full disposal), the hadith in Muslim and also mention in Bukhari that aisha bought a servant and the sellers put a condition that she cannot sell the servant to anyone else afterwards except the original owners. the prophet (saw) told her not to obey it and said "any condition not in the book of Allah is batil,' and in one narration aisha said 'you were the one who told us to fulfil the conditions of our contracts' and the prophet (saw) said, "except in what permits what Allah forbade or prohibits what Allah made halal."

there is NO disagreement among the scholars that any condition that does not allow Haq ul Tasarruf is batil. an example of this is for someone to sell his car with the condition that the buyer cannot drive it. Once he sells the car he cannot have any control over what the new owner does with his new car nor can he put conditions on his use of it, the hadith mentions that "the prophet (saw) forbade the conditioned sale."

Muezzin
11-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Still, to avoid any potential legal conflict on this issue, if you are unsure about posting a link, err on the side of caution and do not post it for the time being.

Inshallah, this copyright business will be cleared up soon.

Umar001
11-23-2006, 10:12 PM
It does sound abit annoying that people would withold knowledge from me for money. :(

Umar001
11-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Man I got skanked too, I spent 10 pounds on two cds one with a 5 or so minute lecture and the other with sum recitations of juz amma I mean 10 pound? come off it. I cant believe it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.