/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jobs in saudi

IbnAbdulHakim
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
:salamext:

how do you go about applying for jobs in saudi?
what do you need?
wats the chance of even gettin a job there?
how much is it to rent out a place?

obviously i wnna live there inshaAllah

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
11-04-2006, 04:30 PM
:sl:

this site may be able to help you inshaAllah

www.hijra.net

Woodrow
11-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Saudi has a high unemployment rate. Sadly because they based their econopmy on oil exports they failed to develop many other areas of production. At the moment the primary income for Saudi is to supply petroleum to the world. If a person is not trained in some job in that field the chances for employment are low. The majority of oil workers are foreigners working in the country.

In spite of the recent surge in its oil income, Saudi Arabia continues to face serious long-term economic challenges, including high rates of unemployment (around 13 percent of Saudi nationals, possibly higher), one of the world's fastest population growth rates, and the consequent need for increased government spending. All of these place pressures on Saudi oil revenues. The Kingdom also is facing serious security threats, including a number of terrorist attacks (on foreign workers, primarily) in 2003 and 2004. In response, the Saudis reportedly have ramped up spending in the security area (reportedly by 50 percent in 2004, from $5.5 billion in 2003). Saudi Arabia's per capita oil export revenues remain far below high levels reached during the 1970s and early 1980s. In 2004, Saudi Arabia earned around $4,564 per person, versus $22,589 in 1980. This 80 percent decline in real per capita oil export revenues since 1980 is in large part due to the fact that Saudi Arabia's young population has nearly tripled since 1980, while oil export revenues in real terms have fallen by over 40 percent (despite recent increases). Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has faced nearly two decades of heavy budget and trade deficits, the expensive 1990/1991 war with Iraq, and total public debt of around $175 billion. On the other hand, Saudi Arabia does have extensive foreign assets -- around $110 billion -- which provide a substantial fiscal "cushion."

GENERAL BACKGROUND
With oil export revenues making up around 90-95 percent of total Saudi export earnings, 70-80 percent of state revenues, and around 40 percent of the country's gross domestic product (GDP), Saudi Arabia's economy remains, despite attempts at diversification, heavily dependent on oil (although investments in petrochemicals have increased the relative importance of the downstream petroleum sector in recent years).
the above quotes are from here: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/saudi.html

Job outlooks in Saudi for a Saudi Citizen are not very good. Many Saudis immigrate to the US every year in search of jobs. Many young Saudi college students that come here for an education, end up staying because they can not find work in Saudi.

Mohammed Abdulaal knows his chances to get a good job in Saudi Arabia would be greatly improved with a degree from a U.S. college. That’s why the 18-year-old from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is at UWM. He’s working to improve his English speaking, reading and writing skills so he can enroll soon as an undergraduate at the university.

“With a degree from the U.S., I could work almost anywhere in Saudi Arabia,” Abdulaal says. “Most universities in Saudi Arabia don’t teach a lot. When you come from a university in the U.S., you have a lot of opportunities.”
Abdulaal says even though he’s far away from his family, Milwaukee feels a little more like home because of the large number of Saudi students at UWM, including one of Abdulaal’s cousins. Thankfully, he says, the government-sponsored scholarship program provides students a round-trip airline ticket so they can go home at least once a year.
Those last quotes are from here:

http://www.uwm.edu/News/report/06.10/07_Saudi_ESL.html

The Saudi Government offers many paid scholorships to Saudi students to study in the US, in hopes they will bring job skills back to Saudi. But, from what I personaly see here, many of those student choose to stay in the US, some illegaly.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-04-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

this site may be able to help you inshaAllah

www.hijra.net

lol how?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-04-2006, 05:15 PM
^ lol...you don't love him as much as I do :D :)

AbdulHassanAmir
11-04-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol how?
You have to register to veiw it, and then you could ask I suppose.

whats your current job? Whats your education? etc. all these things need to be known for anyone to make an educated response

limitless
11-04-2006, 09:15 PM

My uncle works there. Though you will never become citizen or be eilagable for a permant residency. I should warn you living there might be good because of the Mecca and all; however, you can/ and usually will get kicked out if you get fired. My dad's company he worked there closed down he was forcely departed out of the country and my brothers were born there, did not receive the citizenship . Everything their is dependent on your job. Just telling you from experience.

:w:

Helena
11-04-2006, 10:48 PM
one of my cousin brother lives there...but he hasnt got a appropriate job there...dsnt have the same access as other...u knw wot i mean....jus dnt wanna make any negative comment about saudia arabia..

but other then that....to live in makkah or madinah...who wudnt go there....to work/or live permanantly.....

Umu 'Isa
11-05-2006, 04:43 AM
try here: http://www.learn4good.com/jobs/

Islamicboy
11-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Getting a job in saudi arabia is really easy but you have no security you can get fired anytime. If the manager doesnt like you because of your looks, race, religion anything he doesnt need to give you a reason to fire you. Even if you worked there for years.

BlissfullyJaded
11-05-2006, 04:53 AM

Also, not necessarily when you get there you will be doing the same type of work you were told you'd do.

Anyways, the scare stories are good and well, but it could possibly turn out very good inshaAllah. Naturally, being in Makkah or Madeenah won't be the easiest experience at times, if you're there for the sake of Allah. Everything you do for the sake of Allah, you will be tested in.

Brother Abdullah Saood works in Saudi Arabia, maybe you could contact him, and he could also answer your questions...

thirdwatch512
11-05-2006, 05:18 AM
the unemployment rate in spain is at 13%, france 11%, but they don't have a problem. most of those are from immigrants tho.

anyways, i would just visit saudi if i were you and look for a job while being there. i don't think it's hard for a muslim to move to saudi.

S_87
11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol how?

well it does post job openings there and there are people there who migrated to saudi so they could help you somehow :p

Ismahaan
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
My Uncle, a British citizen, applied for a job in Saudi Arabia. Guess what? They wanted to know his country of origin, before deciding whether to take him on or not. It's such a shame that in this day and age, muslims hold non-muslim Europeans in such high regard, and mistreat their fellow muslims. It's so saddening.

The Saudi mistreat all their foreign workers, or so I've heard. Allah knows best.

north_malaysian
11-08-2006, 03:55 AM
I have some relatives in Jeddah and Mecca.. but they works for Malaysian pilgrims there...

For those who have high education background and good experience... there are many jobs here in Malaysia...

syilla
11-08-2006, 05:07 AM
what if i want to be a maid in saudi....can i bring my family along

just asking :rolleyes:

(trying to be near to mecca thats all... :hiding:)

north_malaysian
11-08-2006, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
what if i want to be a maid in saudi....can i bring my family along

just asking :rolleyes:

(trying to be near to mecca thats all... :hiding:)
why dont you just open a food business in mecca to cater our pilgrims? Maybe you should ask "how to open business in mecca"...

syilla
11-08-2006, 05:48 AM
^^^ i heard that are so many illegal businessman there in mecca...

is there any legal busines woman in mecca? maybe big business...with alot of money...

hey nm...i'm not a business woman...actually...
it just happened...that i love to sell stuff...

actually i have another profession....

north_malaysian
11-08-2006, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^ i heard that are so many illegal businessman there in mecca...

is there any legal busines woman in mecca? maybe big business...with alot of money...

hey nm...i'm not a business woman...actually...
it just happened...that i love to sell stuff...

actually i have another profession....
I think you have a passion of food.... why not venturing some LEGAL food business in MEcca as you can bring your family along and be in a near vicinity the the Holy Kaaba.

syilla
11-08-2006, 05:55 AM
well...i can only dream...i don't think my hubby will leave his most passionate job...

inshaAllah...one day... we will see...

LUVAR
11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Do they allow women to work?

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:40 AM
i would love to live there

Umar001
12-12-2006, 11:46 AM
I have a non Muslim family friends, they lived in saudi for time, the girl cant wait to go back, aparently her christian dad had a really good job there. Plus my cousins girlfriend lives there and works there too.

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
is it good i heard stories about it

Mahiwal
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
ye i want to be a roas sweeper for free?

---------------------------------------------
http://yahabib.blogsome.com

sudais1
01-02-2007, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Mahiwal;594297]ye i want to be a roas sweeper for free?

lol, wouldn't mind cleaning sheikhs Sudais's house too:D

FBI
01-02-2007, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
why dont you just open a food business in mecca to cater our pilgrims? Maybe you should ask "how to open business in mecca"...

Didn't u know bro unless your saudi u can't own buildings or a store, I meet a bro in mekkah subhanallah this guy had some ideas but since he was from Yamen he told me that he won't be able to own his own business.

Diesel1907
01-03-2007, 02:13 AM
I'd like to become a mutawwa :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.