/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This might sound outlandish.....

جوري
11-04-2006, 09:54 PM
And it is really directed at people of faith ... unless and atheists or an agnostic member had an unusual experience that he/she deemed other worldly (X file type) .... I would like to know if anyone has ever experienced anything so paranormal that they can only attribute to God or a super natural being (angels).

This isn't intended to point flaws or question how you could have thought or believed that, but rather see if others have experienced unusual things such as myself. So if you have less than noble intentions please don't reply to this!

I have had several events, most occurring as a child ... and they are very vivid in my memory.... Some are somewhat normal, others down right outlandish..... so let me share one that can be classified on the side of normal ... and hope it gives others courage to share theirs.

When I was 7 years of age ... my Mom had knitted me a hat for winter. It was really cute and basically wore it everyday throughout that winter. I remember it was the 2nd grade back in the old country...... well, one day I came home without it and was completely oblivious to the fact I had lost it, until my Mom Questioned the hat's whereabouts. I was really surprised that I had lost it at all, worst yet didn't know if I had lost it in school or the bus, or on the streets?

Anyhow my Mom said she wouldn't knit me another one, since I was so careless with it. And she seemed rather upset with me. For the next few days I'd look for it every where, I traced my steps, the classroom, where I sit, the bus, our home, the streets where we walked, I asked all my friends and teachers to no avail, They all knew what it looked like and everyone affirmed they hadn't seen it.

I was about ready to give up... I know it sounds rather silly to look for a hat for so long but it had sentimental value to me, and it was long ago in another country where goods aren't as readily available as they are in the West.

Anyhow one night I just made supplication to God that he would help me find it, and the very next day I found it by my chair in the classroom where I had looked about a Bazilian times...... It was really remarkable... And the first in many series of events that I can only attribute to forces that are other worldly.......

Another time I remember vividly, also when I was a kid. I was waiting outside for a family member. My hands both holding one of metal doors, there were two that would come together to close off the building ... next thing I know the other door, I am not sure if someone had pushed it, or it was the wind or what, but it was closing at a force that can only make little trapped fingers be chopped off in a second. I didn't have time to even comprehend the event remove my hand or even scream for someone to save me..... All I know is the minute they came close to my fingers they completely stopped short of chopping all four of them off...

Anyhow I have others more unusual than these two but will quit for now, until hopefully I hear some of yours

Peace!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I do not have personal experiences which I can think of now, my mind is blurry but I have two, from a Jew and a Christian:

Jewish one:

A friend of mine, who is jewish or claims to be, said that when he went into the temple or something like that, at a young age, he felt G-d kiss him.

Christian one:

A friend of mine, well she used to kinda be when I was a christian, said that she was in bed and her bed started shaking and shaking and then she said in the name of Jesus stop and it stopped.

There are some others, to do with Muslims and Jinns and so on but I'll stop there. :) Am hoping you still have the hat

TheRightPathI
11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
:sl: Good thread. I'm looking forward to your other instances in which things like this have happened. Things like this have happened to me also, but I can not remember any instances as of right now. :w:

جوري
11-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Well..... another one when I was a kid........ I was curled up in our guest room on a chaise longue...... this is actually one of the weirdest and I am hesitant to share..... Anyhow I had my back to the table and threw an eraser that was in my pant pocket over my shoulder..... and said in the name of God come back to me..... and I put my hands in my pocket and I swear to God it was there again.... I went and I told everyone and all adults had a theory... I must have had two erasers... some of the neighbor kids was playing a trick on me etc.... But I was the only one there... and there was only one eraser in my pocket.... and When I found it again in my pocket there were no erasers anywhere else in the guest room floor...... Anyhow I should quit at that....... still look forward to your stories though =)
thanks for sharing yours.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Curious girl2
11-04-2006, 11:41 PM
I can remember about 9 years ago when my grandmother died. It was a very hard time for me as I was very close to her, she helped bring me up and for 11 years we all lived with her. I was missing her desperately (still do) and grieving deeply. One day I was thinking about her and then all of a sudden I could sense her, as though she was close to me, behind me. Might have been my imagination but it comforted me no end.

Take care of your loved ones because one day they will not be with you anymore. I would do anything to spend just 5 minutes with her right now.

Peace
CG

Trumble
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I'd just moved into a new neighbourhood when I was a student. I was walking back to my flat from college, when I walked past a group of local youths one of whom, for some reason, decided to throw a rock at me. The thing was that I had my back to them, and only noticed the rock as it sailed through the place where my head had been just before I ducked it - something I did for no discernable reason whatsoever. I couldn't see them, and hadn't seen the rock. I just kept on walking.

Use the Force, Trumble! It really did feel like that at the time. Weird.

Umar001
11-05-2006, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I'd just moved into a new neighbourhood when I was a student. I was walking back to my flat from college, when I walked past a group of local youths one of whom, for some reason, decided to throw a rock at me. The thing was that I had my back to them, and only noticed the rock as it sailed through the place where my head had been just before I ducked it - something I did for no discernable reason whatsoever. I couldn't see them, and hadn't seen the rock. I just kept on walking.

Use the Force, Trumble! It really did feel like that at the time. Weird.
Wierd neighbourhood, lol u never know u mite be able to dodge more than rocks, i.e. bullets! :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.