/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Skin of Head COming Off

Umar001
11-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I know most people be thinking, EWWWWW,

Lol, but yea Assalamu Aleykum,

I was just wondering, I have a problemo, when I pray in masjids, after a while I tend to get an irritation, I dont know if its jus that I have sensitive skin or what, but my skin peels off like little by little, none notices it, but I do, cos it hurts and plus I see it when I do wudu and stuff, and theres like an area darker than the rest of my forehead, only a little darker, I think I only notice it.

Anyone got this problemo and how do u solve it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
11-05-2006, 02:57 PM
*Thread moved*

Have you tried using moisterizer?

:salamext:

Umar001
11-05-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
*Thread moved*

Have you tried using moisterizer?

:salamext:
Yea, what happens then is that the skin still comes off, it just makes it shine lol

Kittygyal
11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

been to the doctor:? humm maybe you have dried skin && use NIVIEA cream it works :p

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ahs inshallah

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umu 'Isa
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Use a vitamin E cream. It won't work straight away. You have to make a habit of using it, put it on after every wudhu and insha Allah it should work.

The Ruler
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
:sl:

i didnt understand your first pos really...but are you sure it isnt dandruff?...because dandruff is dried skin right :?

:w:

Umar001
11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

been to the doctor:? humm maybe you have dried skin && use NIVIEA cream it works :p

Assalamu Aleykum,

Well, I mean it doesnt happen normally its only when I pray on carpets cos of the friction, trust me, we darkish, chocolate skin people have to use creame all the time especially if we do wudu, thats not the problem, cos if i put creame on it will jus make it like wet or more mouister but the skin still rubs against the carpet and it comes off

The Ruler
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM

sorry i missed 'fore'head i only read head...:giggling:...but anyways...could it be due to the carpet not being clean or something :?

Kittygyal
11-05-2006, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Assalamu Aleykum,

Well, I mean it doesnt happen normally its only when I pray on carpets cos of the friction, trust me, we darkish, chocolate skin people have to use creame all the time especially if we do wudu, thats not the problem, cos if i put creame on it will jus make it like wet or more mouister but the skin still rubs against the carpet and it comes off

Akhi have you got a VERY dark skin:? (am just asking so no harsh inshallah :))

well maybe it's because the carpert is rough && your skin is sensitive don't stress Akhi it's not a big job it's only becasue you have sensitive skin

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Three possibilities come to mind:

1.Allergy to the carpet

2.Sensitive skin

3.Attempting to support too much weight with your fore head.

!. can be identified if it only happens in one place. ie dosen't happen at home but happens at the Masjid or vice versa.

2. Will be the probable cause if 1 and 3 are ruled out.

3. I have seen that a few times. remember our weight should be evenly distributed and not supported by our forehead. Also some people unconciously tend to be overly emphatic when praying at the Masjid. No need to try to bury our heads in the rug.

Please remember me in your Du'as.

*noor
11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I think brother Woodrow pretty much gave the possiblities...Maybe you are allergic...try to see a dermatologist.

Pk_#2
11-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I think your praying to hard, take a matress with you to the masjid and pray on dat :D i fink ur sensitive 'blood' :)

Get well soon inshaAllah.

AslamuAlaykum!

Hijaabi22
11-05-2006, 08:31 PM
ouchhhhhhh sounds painfulllllll man go 2 da docs

IslamicMuslimah
11-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Dermatological Advice:

Avoid hot liquids or food, cafeine, spices
Avoid intense physical exercise.
Avoid extreme temperatures (hot and cold) like saunas, jacuzzis
Always use sun protection.
Use rinse-free cleansers and perfume-free cosmetics.
Recommend the use of green-tinted concealers.
Avoid stressful situations

Diminish spicy foods and caffeine

Avoid excessive variations in temperature

Use appropriate cleansers, moisturisers and cosmetics

Wear a concealer (in a green shade) to mask redness

Control and manage stress as much as possible

Always wear UVA/UVB protection.

GARY
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe I don't understand 'wudu'. Are you dragging your forehead across the carpet? I don't advise that. (causes carpet burn)

Muezzin
11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
Maybe I don't understand 'wudu'. Are you dragging your forehead across the carpet? I don't advise that. (causes carpet burn)
Wudu is ablution, which is simply washing oneself. No carpets involved. ;) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.