/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can you do in one minute?

Uma Rayanah
01-19-2005, 11:09 AM
:sl:

Praise be to Allaah.

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person’s life carries the potential to raise his own status and to make his people happier, little by little.

If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then forget about relaxing and keep away from empty amusement.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it:

Strive to make the most of each minute

If you forget it, you forget the most important thing, the truth.

There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:
1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’aan 2400 times.

3. You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa’eel.

6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

9. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.

10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.

11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying “Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.

13. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.

17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the books of du’aa’, in one minute.

19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.

20. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.

21. You can enjoin something good in one minute.

22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.

23. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.

24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.

25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.

Al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry

Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?

Finally, the more sincere you are towards Allaah and the more aware you are of Him, the greater will be your reward and the more your hasanaat will increase.

Note that most of these actions will not cost you anything; they do not require tahaarah (purity) and they will not tire you out or take much effort. On the contrary, you can do them whilst you are walking, or in your car, or lying down, or standing, or sitting, or waiting for somebody.

These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
WomanOfJihad
01-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Jazakillah Sis in Islam ...
i Realy Apreciated readin it .. n i m sure others have as well
(Alhumdulillah ) ....
This is wat exactly i needed to read ...

Far7an
05-03-2005, 02:01 PM

When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry

Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?
Beautiful, Subhanallah

Barakallah feeki for sharing that

Tazkiyahtulnafs
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
ja'zallahu khair for that it is benefitual to us all subhanna'Allah allah is so merciful that he gives us chances to repent and return to him everyday and he deos not burden us

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
05-03-2005, 04:36 PM

Subhan'Allah! Allahu Akbar! Indeed he is the most merciful. It's truly amazing how much we can gain in one minute and equally as amazing how many minutes people waste in a day doing things which will not, in the long term benefit them or any other person in any way. :) Jazak'Allah khair for sharing that with us. May Allah reward you. Ameen. :)

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 09:44 AM
mashallah sis jazakallah for sharing that with us

Khayal
06-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Assalaam O Alaikum Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Nice sharing, jazak ALLAH khair..:rose:

Wa Alaikum assalaam Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

minaz
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I like that thread, it made me think - thanks a lot zahra. Lots of people's lives here in the UK are sooooooooooooo hectic, including mine - going work, goign out, meeting mates, mobile, msn, the only time i have for myself (other than salaat) is sitting on the damn toilet!

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM

Quadruple threads merged. (4->1)

Battle_4_Peace
04-17-2006, 11:29 PM
What can you do in one minute?

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person's life carries the potential to raise his own status and to make his people happier, little by little. If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then keep away from empty amusement.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it: Strive to make the most of each minute. If you forget it, you forget the most important thing, the truth. There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:

[1]. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 7 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 1400 hasanahs, so if you read it 7 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 9800 hasanahs - all of that in one minute.

[2]. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur'aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur'aan 2400 times.

[3]. You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

[4]. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

[5]. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa'eel.

[6]. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

[7]. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-'Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

[8]. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When I say 'Subhaan Allaah, wa'l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)', this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

[9]. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.

[10]. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.

[11]. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, 'adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata 'arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

[12]. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying "Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one's strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one's wealth and children.

[13]. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.

[14]. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

[15]. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of 'uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

[16]. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.

[17]. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.

[18]. You can raise your hands and recite any du'aa' you wish from the books of du'aa', in one minute.

[19]. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.

[20]. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.

[21]. You can enjoin something good in one minute.

[22]. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.

[23]. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.

[24]. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.

[25]. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.

Al-Shaafa'i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: 'When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?'

Finally, the more sincere you are towards Allaah and the more aware you are of Him, the greater will be your reward and the more your hasanaat will increase. Note that most of these actions will not cost you anything; they do not require purity and they will not tire you out or take much effort. On the contrary, you can do them whilst you are walking, or in your car, or standing, or sitting, or waiting for somebody.

These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Shaikh Mohammad ibn Saleh Al Munajid

------
04-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Jazakallah really useful info! :)

Safeena
06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward and make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds....

There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:

1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs - all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur'aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur'aan 2400 times.

5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa'eel.

6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-'Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When I say 'Subhaan Allaah, wa'l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)', this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

9. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.

10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.

11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, 'adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata 'arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying "Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one's strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one's wealth and children.

13. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of 'uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.

17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du'aa' you wish from the books of du'aa', in one minute.

19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.

22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother/sister in one minute.

25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.

Al-Shaafa'i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

N.B Most of these actions will not cost you anything but the rewards bountiful!!!!

------

submit
06-05-2006, 04:00 PM

Wow it is truly amazing what you can do in one minute.

By the way, what does a hananah mean?

1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.

Abdul-Raouf
08-06-2006, 09:09 AM
check out

umm-sulaim
08-06-2006, 09:10 AM
MashaAllah akhee nice post, may Allah reward you
wassalaam

amirah_87
08-06-2006, 09:19 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

I've been thinkin' of time too nowadays....how minutes go by in life you'll never see again!!..

SubhanAllah, how beautiful!!! :)

nice thread akhee, jazaakalaahu khyaran!!:peace:

Nidita
08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
:salamext:

SubhanAllaah ! MashaAllaah-BarakAllaah !

GREAT post, BRO !

Want to learn more to u, inshaAllaah, my BROTHER !

" MAY ALLAAH REWARD US FOR OUR GOOD DEEDS & MAY FORGIVE US FOR DA WASTED TIME OR DEEDS OF OUR LIFE, INSHA-ALLAAH ! ! ! "
{ameen}

Vry mch, Jazakh Allaahukhaeran !

:peace:

:wasalamex

DigitalStorm82
08-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Praise be to Allaah.

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person’s life carries the potential to raise his own status and to make his people happier, little by little.

If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then forget about relaxing and keep away from empty amusement.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it:

1. 1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’aan 2400 times.

5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa’eel.

7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying “Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the books of du’aa’, in one minute.

Finally, the more sincere you are towards Allaah and the more aware you are of Him, the greater will be your reward and the more your hasanaat will increase.

Note that most of these actions will not cost you anything; they do not require tahaarah (purity) and they will not tire you out or take much effort. On the contrary, you can do them whilst you are walking, or in your car, or lying down, or standing, or sitting, or waiting for somebody.

These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Umm Khalid06
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
i never really thought of this but it does make you think:) :cry: ;D

Aisha20
11-05-2006, 11:32 PM
woow..! it made m think a lot :)

TheRightPathI
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
:sl: I remember reading this, really good article. Jazakallah.:w:

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:06 AM
I was just reading through some fatawa trying to find something and I saw this and immidietly looked and was amazed:

Question:
In our offices and workplaces we can hardly find time to do acts of worship and righteous deeds. What can we do in the short time that we can find in our day? How can we make use of it?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

1. 1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Source

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Thank you brother for sharing that --- very useful indeed.

Umar001
11-21-2006, 02:11 AM
You know, I still remember till this day, when I asked a Muslim friend at college, as a non-Muslim:

"So you mean I can sit down here all day and say, 'Muhammad Peace be upon him..Muhammad Peace be upon him..' and get reward?"

And I couldn't believe it when he said 'yes'

It really kinda amazed me in a wierd way.

TheRightPathI
11-21-2006, 04:34 AM
:salamext: Good Post. Jazakallah.:wasalamex

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 04:35 AM
i Know what you mean though - i still find it hard to understand it.

Umar001
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
i Know what you mean though - i still find it hard to understand it.
Well it's just a blessing, I mean you show love towards G-d and He shows you More.

Pk_#2
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM
x_Bismillah_x

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute. :wub:

4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute. :D

6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea. :wub:

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it. :D

16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand. :offended:

19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute. :rollseyes

21. You can enjoin something good in one minute. :)

24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute. :happy:

Fi Amanillah,

Tc All :)

Try these and let me know how it goes inshaAllah! :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
:D:D:D TOP stuf sis :D:D

Umar001
12-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Talk about late! I posted this already.

Booya :p

But thanks anyhow

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-08-2006, 10:48 PM
lol.. she went 2 da effort of postin it :D

BlissfullyJaded
12-08-2006, 10:55 PM

*Threads Merged*
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
was posted here 7th time :uhwhat
And now 10 times.

Please do a search before posting such articles that are most like to have been posted before. Shukran!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
lollll :giggling: aww bles them all

Pk_#2
12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I did do a search, wasnt succesful i guess, sowi Eesa!

Jeez ima stop threads now too, first it was World Affairs..:offended: imsad

AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

chacha_jalebi
12-08-2006, 11:11 PM
lol :p mashallah it makes u tink innit

how much you lot wanna bet someone is still gona post this up in the future :D:p

Umar001
12-09-2006, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
I did do a search, wasnt succesful i guess, sowi Eesa!

Jeez ima stop threads now too, first it was World Affairs..:offended: imsad

AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

Wa Aleykum Salam wa Rhaemtulahi Wa Berekatu,

Why u gotta make me feel guilty??

Pk_#2
12-10-2006, 12:12 AM
I sowi :)

AsalamuAlaykum!

Al_Imaan
12-13-2006, 03:10 AM
well...whoever posted this first..nice info...seems to be alot of fuss over the the article....i hope its over

FatimaAsSideqah
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM

:arabic6:

A Great opportunity while we are still alive is to plan and act for tomorrow; invest one minute of your daily supply of 1440 minutes and reap benefit which no business can offer. Invest 15 minutes and multiply the rewards. We all know that Allah's promise is absolute truth and we should seek it and act according to His guidance.

1. In one minute you can recite Surah al-Fatihah 7 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Fatihah is more than 1400 hasanahs, so if you read it 7 times you will, by the permission of Allah, gain more than 9800 hasanahs - all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur'an 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur'an 2400 times.

3. You can read one page of the Book of Allah in one minute.

4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allah in one minute.

5. In one minute you can say La ilaaha ill-Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd wa huwa ala kulli shay'in qadeer (There is no god except Allah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allah from among the sons of Isma'il.

6. In one minute you can say Subhan Allahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

7. In one minute you can say Subhan Allahi wa bi hamdihi Subhan Allah il-Adheem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "When I say Subhan Allah, wa'l-hamdu Lillah, wa la ilah ill-Allah, wa Allahu Akbar (Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no god except Allah, and Allah is Most Great)', this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the sahih ahadith.

9. In one minute you can say, [B]La hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah [/B](there is no strength and no power except with Allah) more han 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.

10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.

11. In one minute you can say [B]Subhan Allah wa bi hamdih, adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wazinata arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi [/B](Glory and praise be to Allah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in sahih ahadith from the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allah more than 100 times by saying [B]"Astaghfir-Allah [/B](I seek the forgiveness of Allah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one's strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one's wealth and children.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) 50 times by saying SalAllahu alayhi wasalam (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). In return Allah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ubudiyyah (total enslavement to Allah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du'aa' you wish from the books of du'a, in one minute.

:wasalamex

yigiter187
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
allahumme salli ala seyyidina muhammedin ve ala alihi ve ashabihi
ı can say this salavah

'Abd al-Baari
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Mashallah another very beneficial post sis
Jazakallah for sharing :)

sara1983
04-26-2007, 01:02 PM
What a great idea sister!!!!!! Jazakallah for sharing.

mohammed farah
07-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Praise be to Allah.

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his/her time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he/she limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person's life carries the potential to raise his/her own status and to make his/her people happier, little by little.

There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the
permission of Allaah:

1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs - all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur'aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur'aan 2400 times.

5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa'eel.

7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-'Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When I say 'Subhaan Allaah, wa'l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)', this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, 'adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata 'arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying "Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one's strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one's wealth and children.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of 'uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du'aa' you wish from the books of du'aa', in one minute.

22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother/sister in one minute.

Al-Shaafi'i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry

Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet
this time is counted as part of my life?

Yanal
07-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Asalam alakum i read that somewhere else and you didn't write the source and author and iy hard reading the way you wrote it just give the link it better and easier

mohammed farah
07-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Lol I did not write it like that!

mohammed farah
07-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Heres the source: http://www.alinaam.org.za/social/oneminute.htm

Helena
07-03-2007, 08:17 PM

All perfect praise be to Allaah, and may Allaah exalt the mention of the Prophet Muhammad as well as that of his family and all his companions.

The time is the life of a person and it should be preserved and spent properly. Therefore, a wise person is he who preserves his time and does not waste it in useless things and idle talk. Rather, one should spend his time in good endeavours and in performing righteous deeds which should please Allaah, the Exalted, and which should benefit people. Hence, in every minute of your life, you may do something which will increase your status (in the Hereafter) and bring happiness to your nation.

Therefore, if you are keen to achieve glory and bring happiness to your people, you should not waste your time in resting and playing.

Indeed, in one minute, one may do much good and obtain a great reward. One single minute could extend your life, increase your acts of obedience, your understanding, your memorization (of the Quran), and your good deeds. If you know how to spend one minute, it can be added to the book of your good deeds (on the Day of Judgement).

The following are some investments which you can do in one minute:

1- In one minute, you can recite chapter Al-Faatihah (the opening chapter of the Quran) 7 times silently. Some scholars, may Allaah have mercy upon them, stated that a person gets more than 1400 good deeds for reciting it once. If one recites it 7 times, one gets 9800 good deeds in one minute.

2- In one minute, you can recite chapter 112 [Al-Ikhlaas] silently 20 times; reciting it once equals reciting one-third of the Quran. If one recites it 20 times, then this equals reciting the whole Quran 7 times. If you recite this chapter every day for one minute, this means reciting it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year. This equals the reward of reciting the whole Quran 2400 times.

3- In one minute, you can read a part of the Quran.

4- In one minute, you can memorize a small verse of the Quran.

5- In one minute, you can say ''Laa ilaaha illa Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa 'ala kulli chay'in qadeer'' (None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah Alone, He has neither partners nor associates, to Him belongs sovereignty and praise and He is over all things wholly capable) 20 times; its reward is setting 8 slaves free for the sake of Allaah from the children of Ismaa'eel (Ishmael), may Allaah exalt his mention.

6- In one minute, you can say ''Subhaana Allaah wa bihamdihi'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Him) 100 times, and whoever says this, his sins will be forgiven even if they were like the foams of the sea.

7- In one minute, you can say ''Subhaana Allaah wa bihamdihi, Subhaana Allaah Al-Adheem'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Him, how perfect Allaah is, The Supreme) 50 times, and these are two expressions which are easy to say, but they are very heavy on the scale of good deeds, and they are beloved to Allaah. [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim].

8- The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: ''If I were to say: ''Subhaana Allaah, wal hamdu lillaah, wa laa ilaaha illa Allaah, wallaahu Akbar''(How perfect Allaah is, all praise be to Allaah, None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and Allaah is the greatest.) it is better for me than the whole world.'' [Muslim]. In one minute, you can say all the above words 18 times, and these words are the most beloved words to Allaah, and the best of all speeches, and their weight on the scale of good deeds is very heavy, as reported in authentic narrations.

9- In one minute, you can say ''la hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah'' (there is neither might nor power except by Allaah) more than 40 times. This is a treasure among the treasures of Paradise, as reported by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim, may Allaah have mercy upon them. It is also one of the major reasons of bearing difficulties and hardship.

10- In one minute, you can say ''Laa ilaaha illa Allaah'' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allaah) approximately 50 times, and it is the greatest word, as it is the word of Tawheed (Oneness of Allaah), a good word, and a firm statement, and whoever says this expression as his last words before breathing his last, he will enter Paradise; the above expression also has other virtues.

11- In one minute, you can say: ''Subhaanah Allaah wa bihamdihi, 'adada khalqihi, wa ridha nafsihi, wa zinata 'arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Allaah, by the number of His Creation and His Pleasure, and by the weight of His Throne, and the ink of His Words) more than 15 times. This statement equals multiplied rewards of ordinary legislated mention of Allaah, as confirmed by the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

12- In one minute, you can say ''Astaghfiru Allaah'' (I seek forgiveness of Allaah) more than 100 times. The virtue of seeking forgiveness is well-known, it is a reason of obtaining forgiveness, entering Paradise, having good provisions, increasing one's strength, repelling harm, having affairs facilitated, the descent of rain, and increasing in wealth and children.

13- In one minute, you can give a short summarized speech which could be very beneficial for the listeners.

14- In one minute, you can exalt the mention of the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, by saying ''Sala Allaahu 'Alayhi wa sallam'' (may Allaah exalt his mention) 50 times, for which Allaah will exalt your mention 500 times, because one exaltation is multiplied tenfold.

15- In one minute, you can think about the creation of the heavens and the earth, as a result you will be considered among the people of understanding whom Allaah mentioned in the Quran.

16- In one minute, you can think about being grateful to Allaah, loving Him, fearing Him, hoping for Him (His Mercy) and longing to meet Him; by doing so, you would have achieved great acts of worship while you may be lying down on your bed or walking in the street.

17- In one minute, you can read more than two pages from a beneficial book which is easy to understand.

18- In one minute, you can keep ties with your kinship by phoning them.

19- In one minute, you can supplicate with general supplications.

20- In one minute, you can greet (by saying Salaam to) a number of people and shake hands with them.

21- In one minute, you can forbid evil.

22- In one minute, you can enjoin good.

23- In one minute, you can advise a brother.

24- In one minute, you can intercede in doing good for a person.

25- In one minute, you can comfort a distressed person.

26- In one minute, you can take off an obstacle from the road.

27- By benefiting from one minute, you will preserve and benefit from other times.

Therefore, according to your sincerity and being conscious that Allaah is always watching you, your good deeds and reward may be multiplied.

You should know that most of the actions do not necessitate anything from you, you do not need to be in a state of purity and they do not cause you any hardship.

You may do the above deeds while walking on the road, or being in a car, or while lying down, or sitting, or waiting for someone. In addition to this, these actions are the best reasons for achieving happiness, being content and overcoming problems and difficulties.

Finally, I suggest that you keep this paper in your pocket in order to remember these actions and to read it over to your Muslim brothers. By doing so, you will help them to benefit from their time and you should not underestimate any good deed. Indeed the person who enjoins others to do good is as if he did those good actions himself [he will get their reward without diminishing anything from their own reward].

Translated by: Translated by: Abdulkarim Kessai

:w: :)

Intisar
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Salaams sis, I hope you are having a good afternoon alhamdulilah I can say so for myself.

Jazakallah Khayran and may Allah (SWT) reward for this beneficial article you have provided for us. I actually just said them all aloud to myself and inshallah all my good deeds will be heavy and Allah (SWT) will forgive me for all of my sins inshallah. Ameen.

W/Salaam

Helena
07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Salaams sis, I hope you are having a good afternoon alhamdulilah I can say so for myself.

Jazakallah Khayran and may Allah (SWT) reward for this beneficial article you have provided for us. I actually just said them all aloud to myself and inshallah all my good deeds will be heavy and Allah (SWT) will forgive me for all of my sins inshallah. Ameen.

W/Salaam
Am well alhamdulilah....jazaks for asking sis....hope ur well too inshAllah..:) ..

May Allah(swt) reward you for reading this article..jazaks sis...

Ameen..:)

tearsofice21
07-04-2007, 04:01 AM
Wa 'alaikum assalam

Masha'Allah Jazakallahu khair for sharing :D I've read this before, but nice reminder

Al-Hanbali
07-04-2007, 03:02 PM

*Threads Merged*

Jazakum'Allah Khair for sharing.

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-14-2007, 10:13 AM
The time is the life of a person and it should be preserved and spent properly. Therefore, a wise person is he who preserves his time and does not waste it in useless things and idle talk..All perfect praise be to Allaah, and may Allaah exalt the mention of the Prophet Muhammad as well as that of his family and all his companions.

The time is the life of a person and it should be preserved and spent properly. Therefore, a wise person is he who preserves his time and does not waste it in useless things and idle talk. Rather, one should spend his time in good endeavours and in performing righteous deeds which should please Allaah, the Exalted, and which should benefit people. Hence, in every minute of your life, you may do something which will increase your status (in the Hereafter) and bring happiness to your nation.

Therefore, if you are keen to achieve glory and bring happiness to your people, you should not waste your time in resting and playing.

Indeed, in one minute, one may do much good and obtain a great reward. One single minute could extend your life, increase your acts of obedience, your understanding, your memorization (of the Quran), and your good deeds. If you know how to spend one minute, it can be added to the book of your good deeds (on the Day of Judgement).

The following are some investments which you can do in one minute:

1- In one minute, you can recite chapter Al-Faatihah (the opening chapter of the Quran) 7 times silently. Some scholars, may Allaah have mercy upon them, stated that a person gets more than 1400 good deeds for reciting it once. If one recites it 7 times, one gets 9800 good deeds in one minute.

2- In one minute, you can recite chapter 112 [Al-Ikhlaas] silently 20 times; reciting it once equals reciting one-third of the Quran. If one recites it 20 times, then this equals reciting the whole Quran 7 times. If you recite this chapter every day for one minute, this means reciting it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year. This equals the reward of reciting the whole Quran 2400 times.

3- In one minute, you can read a part of the Quran.

4- In one minute, you can memorize a small verse of the Quran.

5- In one minute, you can say ''Laa ilaaha illa Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa 'ala kulli chay'in qadeer'' (None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah Alone, He has neither partners nor associates, to Him belongs sovereignty and praise and He is over all things wholly capable) 20 times; its reward is setting 8 slaves free for the sake of Allaah from the children of Ismaa'eel (Ishmael), may Allaah exalt his mention.

6- In one minute, you can say ''Subhaana Allaah wa bihamdihi'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Him) 100 times, and whoever says this, his sins will be forgiven even if they were like the foams of the sea.

7- In one minute, you can say ''Subhaana Allaah wa bihamdihi, Subhaana Allaah Al-Adheem'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Him, how perfect Allaah is, The Supreme) 50 times, and these are two expressions which are easy to say, but they are very heavy on the scale of good deeds, and they are beloved to Allaah. [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim].

8- The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: ''If I were to say: ''Subhaana Allaah, wal hamdu lillaah, wa laa ilaaha illa Allaah, wallaahu Akbar''(How perfect Allaah is, all praise be to Allaah, None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and Allaah is the greatest.) it is better for me than the whole world.'' [Muslim]. In one minute, you can say all the above words 18 times, and these words are the most beloved words to Allaah, and the best of all speeches, and their weight on the scale of good deeds is very heavy, as reported in authentic narrations.

9- In one minute, you can say ''la hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah'' (there is neither might nor power except by Allaah) more than 40 times. This is a treasure among the treasures of Paradise, as reported by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim, may Allaah have mercy upon them. It is also one of the major reasons of bearing difficulties and hardship.

10- In one minute, you can say ''Laa ilaaha illa Allaah'' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allaah) approximately 50 times, and it is the greatest word, as it is the word of Tawheed (Oneness of Allaah), a good word, and a firm statement, and whoever says this expression as his last words before breathing his last, he will enter Paradise; the above expression also has other virtues.

11- In one minute, you can say: ''Subhaanah Allaah wa bihamdihi, 'adada khalqihi, wa ridha nafsihi, wa zinata 'arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi'' (How perfect Allaah is and all praise be to Allaah, by the number of His Creation and His Pleasure, and by the weight of His Throne, and the ink of His Words) more than 15 times. This statement equals multiplied rewards of ordinary legislated mention of Allaah, as confirmed by the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

12- In one minute, you can say ''Astaghfiru Allaah'' (I seek forgiveness of Allaah) more than 100 times. The virtue of seeking forgiveness is well-known, it is a reason of obtaining forgiveness, entering Paradise, having good provisions, increasing one's strength, repelling harm, having affairs facilitated, the descent of rain, and increasing in wealth and children.

13- In one minute, you can give a short summarized speech which could be very beneficial for the listeners.

14- In one minute, you can exalt the mention of the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, by saying ''Sala Allaahu 'Alayhi wa sallam'' (may Allaah exalt his mention) 50 times, for which Allaah will exalt your mention 500 times, because one exaltation is multiplied tenfold.

15- In one minute, you can think about the creation of the heavens and the earth, as a result you will be considered among the people of understanding whom Allaah mentioned in the Quran.

16- In one minute, you can think about being grateful to Allaah, loving Him, fearing Him, hoping for Him (His Mercy) and longing to meet Him; by doing so, you would have achieved great acts of worship while you may be lying down on your bed or walking in the street.

17- In one minute, you can read more than two pages from a beneficial book which is easy to understand.

18- In one minute, you can keep ties with your kinship by phoning them.

19- In one minute, you can supplicate with general supplications.

20- In one minute, you can greet (by saying Salaam to) a number of people and shake hands with them.

21- In one minute, you can forbid evil.

22- In one minute, you can enjoin good.

23- In one minute, you can advise a brother.

24- In one minute, you can intercede in doing good for a person.

25- In one minute, you can comfort a distressed person.

26- In one minute, you can take off an obstacle from the road.

27- By benefiting from one minute, you will preserve and benefit from other times.

Therefore, according to your sincerity and being conscious that Allaah is always watching you, your good deeds and reward may be multiplied.

You should know that most of the actions do not necessitate anything from you, you do not need to be in a state of purity and they do not cause you any hardship.

You may do the above deeds while walking on the road, or being in a car, or while lying down, or sitting, or waiting for someone. In addition to this, these actions are the best reasons for achieving happiness, being content and overcoming problems and difficulties.

Finally, I suggest that you keep this paper in your pocket in order to remember these actions and to read it over to your Muslim brothers. By doing so, you will help them to benefit from their time and you should not underestimate any good deed. Indeed the person who enjoins others to do good is as if he did those good actions himself [he will get their reward without diminishing anything from their own reward].

I ask Allaah to safeguard you and protect you.

All perfect praise be to Allaah and may Allaah exalt the mention of His Prophet Muhammad, as well as that of his family and companions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.