/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deputy PM Wants Zionist Israel, Arabs Out

sonz
11-05-2006, 09:40 PM
CAIRO — Israel's new controversial deputy premier and strategic affairs ministers wants Israeli Arabs – a fifth of the population – to be surgically removed to preserve the Jewish, Zionist character of Israel, in fresh "racist" remarks.

"I think separation between two nations is the best solution," hawkish Avigdor Lieberman told Britain's Sunday Telegraph on November 5.

"Cyprus is the best model. Before 1974, the Greeks and Turks lived together and there were frictions and bloodshed and terror," he said.

"After 1974, they constituted all Turks on one part of the island, all Greeks on the other part of the island and there is stability and security."

Reminded that thousands were forcibly driven from their homes, the leader of the ultra-nationalist Yisrael Beitanu (Israel Our Home) said: "Yes, but the final result was better."

"We established Israel as a Jewish country," he said. "I want to provide an Israel that is a Jewish, Zionist country. It's about what kind of country we want to see in the future."

The 48-year-old hardliner, an immigrant from ex-Soviet Moldova, said minorities are "the biggest problem in the world."

Lieberman draws his support mainly from fellow transplants from the former Soviet Union and is known for his hard-line views.

Religious Conflict

"Lieberman's statements are intolerable," said Herzog.

In a later interview with the Israeli Army Radio, Lieberman stood by his comments.

"If we want to safeguard Israel's character as a Jewish and Zionist state, there is no other solution," he said.

"The reason for the conflict is not territory, not occupation, not settlers or settlements, rather friction between the two peoples and the two religions.

"Everywhere, the world over, no matter if it's the former Yugoslavia or the Caucasus region in Russia, or Northern Ireland, wherever there are two peoples and two religions, there is friction."

Lieberman believes the only solution is "exchanges of populations and territory, in order to create the most homogenously Jewish state."

Lieberman is best known in Israel for his widely criticized "Population Exchange" plan, under which the Arab-populated "Triangle" area of the Wadi 'Ara region - would be handed over to the Palestinian Authority in exchange for keeping large Jewish-populated settlement blocs.

He has often made remarks condemned as racist toward Israel's Arab minority.

In June, Lieberman was widely quoted as saying that Arab MKs who held contacts with Hamas should be executed.

He had also proposed to bus thousands of Palestinians to the Dead Sea and drown them there.

Racist

"Israeli Arabs are the salt of the earth, while Lieberman is nothing but an invader," said Tibi.

His new remarks were immediately branded as inapplicable and racist.

"Lieberman's statements are intolerable," Tourism Minister Yitzhak Herzog told public radio.

"Anyone who knows the arrangements in Cyprus knows that they are inapplicable to Israel."

Ophir Pines-Paz, the former culture minister, decried Lieberman's politics as "racist", saying the minister himself was "a strategic threat to Israel."

MK Dov Khenin (Hadash) called for the immediate dismissal of Lieberman from the government in light of his "racist comments."

Israeli Arab MPs also denounced the remarks.

"The prime minister should fire him immediately," said Taleb Al-Sanaa, adding that "these racist declarations are bringing us toward an apartheid regime."

Ahmed Tibi told Haaretz that "Israeli Arabs are the salt of the earth, while Lieberman is nothing but an invader."

Israeli Arabs, who make up nearly a fifth of the population, are descendants of those who stayed when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians fled or were driven from their homes by Zionist gangs in1948, when Israel was founded on the rubble of Palestine.

Relations between Israel's Jews and Arabs have long been difficult, with Arabs complaining of discrimination at work place.

The Knesset has further made life unbearable for Israeli Arabs married to Palestinians by adopting a law denying the latter the right to get an Israeli residency to live with their spouses.

Israeli Arabs accused the government of using them as human shields during the summer war on Lebanon, saying it failed to build bomb shelters in their towns and villages as it did in other areas.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...11/05/03.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GARY
11-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I think separation between two nations is the best solution.
I agree. Unfortunately, seperation is the only answer to ensure everyone's safety.

Joe98
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
It would not stop the suicide bombers.

IzakHalevas
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
A disgusting remark, but in reality, if all the Arabs left the pre-1967 borders, and all the Jews left the West Bank and all other Arab territories would their not be peace?

I mean, maybe seperation is the only way to stop these two extremist elements from fighting.

Create a Palestine Arab country and Jewish Israel Pre-1967. Would peace happen? Not sure... it was Pre-1967 before the Arabs attacked Israel and got into this mess in the first place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2006, 01:06 AM
a completely zionist state huh, perfect home for dajjal i'd say :rollseyes:

thirdwatch512
11-06-2006, 03:21 AM
it's racist and rude.

HOWEVER, remember this.. in qatar jews are not allowed. and if there is a jew, you can legally kill them.

and in saudi arabia, the same thing.

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
"Cyprus is the best model. Before 1974, the Greeks and Turks lived together and there were frictions and bloodshed and terror," he said.

"After 1974, they constituted all Turks on one part of the island, all Greeks on the other part of the island and there is stability and security."
But until now why Israel doesnt recognise Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

But we need a separate country of Palestine and Israel.

Dawud_uk
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
i agree,

we can have a jewish state somewhere in germany or poland, how about some of that open land in eastern germany where they are complained of depopulation and the muslims and christian palestinians can have their land back?

that is a just solution, let those who made the problem fix it by giving the jews their homeland, because there will be no peace between zionist and muslim whilst the state of israel exists.

Abu Abdullah

stannis
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Lieberman is nothing other than a racist supporter of a neo-apartheid.

Dawud_uk
11-06-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by stannis
Lieberman is nothing other than a racist supporter of a neo-apartheid.
the whole state of israel is the same, a state born and supported by a vicious ideology of racial superiority backed up by rushless military power i.e nazism!

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
I agree mostly, but Israel is not Nazi.

Nazi = National Sozialistische. Zionism is a very different ideology to Nazism. It doesn't regard Aryans as the Master Race, firstly, plus Zionism is based on religion rather than eugenics.

Dawud_uk
11-07-2006, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by stannis
I agree mostly, but Israel is not Nazi.

Nazi = National Sozialistische. Zionism is a very different ideology to Nazism. It doesn't regard Aryans as the Master Race, firstly, plus Zionism is based on religion rather than eugenics.
this is not the issue, if i was a jew even though i am a convert to islam i could still get israeli citizenship, but if someone converted to judaism they would make him jump through hoops before they accepted him into israel.

so if the state decides that jews are the master race or that arians are the master race and then backs that up with a vicious policy against the oppressed former people of that land and use a militant and military idiology to strengthen the whole evil ediface then what is that but nazism but for a different race?

actually whilst on the subject many jewish politicians in israel call for a final solution where the palestinians are forced to accept their fate as a people in captivity, are expelled or are killed en mass.

Abu Abdullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.