/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam shows fastest growing religion on earth: OIC official

sonz
11-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth, and Africa is the continent where Islam is growing the fastest, Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) Secretary General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu said on Wednesday.

Ihsanoglu made the remarks at a meeting titled "Religious Leaders from the African Continent Muslim Countries and Societies", hosted by Turkish Directorate General of Religious Affairs, held on Wednesday at the Dolmabahce Palace in Turkish largest city of Istanbul.

Ihsanoglu was quoted by Turkey's Anatolia news agency as saying that in the last summit of the OIC, a decision was made to establish a fund to end poverty in African Islamic countries.

Ihsanoglu said that relations between the Islamic world and the West are going through a tough time, adding that "We are doing all we can to foster dialogue and tolerance between countries."

Turkish State Minister Mehmet Aydin also made a speech at the meeting, saying that "role of Turkey within the European Union (EU) is vital not only for itself and Europe but also for the humanity. "

Aydin added that "Islamic world is facing very serious challenges and problems today because of various reasons", saying that the Islamic world has insufficient reliable information that may solve very big problems caused by globalization.

"None of the countries can solve the problems alone. Solution of the problems requires solidarity," Aydin said.

"Without a country whose culture and spiritual world is Islam, the EU can only be a Christian union in cultural means. Such a union is not sufficient enough to ensure security and happiness by itself," according to Aydin.

http://english.people.com.cn/200611/...02_317404.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicMuslimah
11-05-2006, 09:48 PM
:sl:

Very Interesting to report..:muslimah:

:w:

strider
11-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Do we have the unity to show for it?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
We need to work on that. Just like theres one hijabi in my class, but she doesnt exactly talk to me lol. Just a bit. When she looks at me i smile, but her face is like blank lol....oh well. Thats proof that we need some unity...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
stannis
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Isn't this more based on high Muslim fertility rates than anything else?

Skillganon
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL. It is nice to know Muslims are fertile.

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Indeed.

Could someone answer my question?

seeker_of_ilm
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again, even though Islam may or may not be fastest growing religion, and although there are over a billion muslims, are we really collectively a proper Ummah? I mean theres so much disunity, not to mention people straying from the straight path, whereas at the times of the Sahabas, they were united, and they followed Islam a lot more staunchly.

Besides, its the message, not the numbers that make Islam. If the whole world becomes muslim, or there are only 100 believers left, the message of Islam is still perfect, so I think we should leave this numbers game, it really doesn't mean anything really.

Hijrah
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano

Muslims are leaving Islam in millions, which is unprecedented in human history. Islam is not the fastest growing religion(by conversions). It mainly grows by its followers high breeding and high migration rate. Here are some of the recent News about Muslims leave Islam in droves and embrace other religions and ideologies which are compatible with Golden rule, Humanity.
Or MAterialism

look, I could probably find just as many links and make it look very contradictory to what you are saying as you are doing to this thread but it wouldn't prove anything. It still is today, and the numbers today are too high to say high fertility

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Muslims are VERY ACTIVE in producing babies...:giggling:

Actually, thanks to Christian missionary methods, Muslims are using the same methods to convert the non Muslims. How did I realise this? It is when I took a subject called "Method of Da'wah" in the university.

Countries famous for sending muslim missionaries abroad are:

1) Libya (African nations)
2) Kuwait (African nations)
3) Malaysia (Asia-Pacific region)
4) Turkey (Central Asia and Europe)
5) Saudi Arabia (Worldwide)
6) Iran (Worldwide)
7) Pakistan (Africa nations)
8) Egypt (Africa nations and Latin America)

And Muslims do propagate Islam inside the Vatican (shhh!!! it supposed to be secret)

Bittersteel
11-07-2006, 08:10 AM
this which religion has more followers than who is nonsense.Yes its good to have to have a big number of followers but still I hate this notion of some religious leaders.

Its okay if we have 1.2 billion followers only.
the main thing is we lead Islamic lives and get rid of puppets from our governments.

In Australia ,the Australians are scared that Australia may turn into an islamic nation within 50 yrs.
I also have fears that my country become westernized/christianized fully.Its westernized to an extent right now.
But if it does what countries like Morocco is doing then that's bad for Muslims(the majority).

Its okay if the minority performs their religious duties ,but its discrimination and religious extremism if the followers of the majority religion performs their religious duties.really nice.that's what I am seeing in Muslim countries even since the war on terror.

Umar001
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
this which religion has more followers than who is nonsense.
What about the Fact that Muhammad wanted more followers in his Ummah? Is that not true?

Malaikah
11-07-2006, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by stannis
That is correct.

Sadly many people have fallen into this trap of think that Islam really is growing but its just not right, its just the birth rate, it doesnt have much to do with people converting to Islam at all!

The problem is that Muslims get too comfotable with the idea that Islam is the fastest growing religion, they feel all happy and whatever, but in reality, there is no such thing. This fasle sense of security results with Muslims who are less active in the broader community, because they think 'stuff is alright, Islam, fast growing, not much for me to do'. :(

format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
What about the Fact that Muhammad wanted more followers in his Ummah? Is that not true?

:thumbs_up Yep thats correct

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
, it doesnt have much to do with people converting to Islam at all!

But in some part of the world it is.... like Malaysia.

Malaikah
11-07-2006, 08:27 AM
^Well alhamdulilah for that then.

But your neighbour, Indonesia, 'worlds biggest Muslim country', the percentage of Muslims there is actually decreasing over time. :X

Umar001
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Well in london, I mean if you go in some areas in mosques u ask are you a revert randomly and you will get alot.

In one masjid I go to, I think its like 60% or more or something is just reverts.

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 08:35 AM

But your neighbour, Indonesia, 'worlds biggest Muslim country', the percentage of Muslims there is actually decreasing over time. :X
When it comes to Indonesia, majority of Muslims there practice "Agama Kejawen" etc that combines Islam with Hinduism, Animism etc (they dont even practice the EXACT ISLAM. like performing salah, fasting in ramadhan, eating halal food, avoiding liquor and gambling).... and the people who became apostates are from this group. But many of them also reverted back to ACTUAL Islam thanks to various Muslim missionary groups..

Maybe Indonesians can elaborate on this...

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Source: http:www.worldchristiandatabase.org

ANGUILLA
There are 67 Muslims, of which 82.09% are reverts from Afro-Caribbean ethnic group.

ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
There are 415 Muslims, of which 65.30% are reverts from Afro-Caribbean ethnic group.

BURUNDI
There are 100,874 Muslims, of which 88.01% are reverts from Hutu ethnic group.

seeker_of_ilm
11-07-2006, 09:03 AM

Just something to think about insha'allah

Narrated Thawban:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.

:w:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I've said it before, I'll say it again, even though Islam may or may not be fastest growing religion, and although there are over a billion muslims, are we really collectively a proper Ummah? I mean theres so much disunity, not to mention people straying from the straight path, whereas at the times of the Sahabas, they were united, and they followed Islam a lot more staunchly.

Besides, its the message, not the numbers that make Islam. If the whole world becomes muslim, or there are only 100 believers left, the message of Islam is still perfect, so I think we should leave this numbers game, it really doesn't mean anything really.
But isnt it something that we should gratefull yaa akhi? Shouldnt we gratefull to Allah if the amount of people who worship Allah only increasing? And IF some of the muslims still doing syirk, bidah etc then its our duty to do dawah to them for most of them actually dont know how to understand Islam in the right way before, Allahu a'lam.
But I see your point, just like Rasulullah said that muslim is a lot but like the bubble on the wave. But thats why we need to do dawah, and hold them tight since Rasulullah said "Ad dien is nasihah".

Dhulqarnaeen
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
When it comes to Indonesia, majority of Muslims there practice "Agama Kejawen" etc that combines Islam with Hinduism, Animism etc (they dont even practice the EXACT ISLAM. like performing salah, fasting in ramadhan, eating halal food, avoiding liquor and gambling).... and the people who became apostates are from this group. But many of them also reverted back to ACTUAL Islam thanks to various Muslim missionary groups..

Maybe Indonesians can elaborate on this...
Yes masha Allah, there are a lot of "Islam kejawen" in Indonesia especially in Java. But NOT majority of Indonesians are kejawen, only some little amount of muslims. But also alhamdulillah the da'watus salaf which is this is da'wah that fit to the fitrah of Islam also growing fast, and the students of ilm increasing. More people know about the right Tauhid and manhaj, and they build Islamic country started from their family, walhamdulillah. Once they know manhaj salaf, rarely of them will turn back to another sects. Cause salafy dawah is fitrah, this is the truth, the original teaching of Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wa sallam and this is the one right sects that Rasulullah said in his hadith "Al jamaah" and its "al firqotun najiyah".

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Source: http://www.worldchristiandatabase.org

MUSLIM ANNUAL GROWTH %

Namibia (43.49%)
Slovenia (34.27%)
Chile (32.30%)
Iceland (17.41%)
Andorra (10.27%)
Spain (9.53%)
Nicaragua (8.62%)
Ireland (8.61%)
Anguilla (7.53%)
New Zealand (7.37%)
Finland (7.19%)
Australia (7.03%)
Canada (6.94%)
Switzerland (6.91%)
Israel (6.88%)
Rwanda (5.94%)
Austria (5.56%)
Malta (5.52%)
Lebanon (5.17%)
Aruba (5.04%)
Czech Republic (5.01%)
Greece (5.01%)
Honduras (4.66%)
Jordan (4.63%)
Afghanistan (4.49%)
Yemen (4.20%)
Palestine (4.03%)
Norway (4.02%)
Liechtenstein (3.83%)
Netherlands (3.77%)
Cambodia (3.74%)
Papua New Guinea (3.58%)
Cayman Islands (3.57%)
Oman (3.54%)
Belize (3.32%)
Bahrain (3.31%)
Nepal (3.18%)
Thailand (3.18%)
Iraq (3.05%)
Antigua (3.02%)
Macedonia (3.02%)
Turkmenistan (3.01%)
Syria (2.99%)
UAE (2.96%)
Maldives (2.94%)
Singapore (2.94%)
South Africa (2.94%)
The Philippines (2.79%)
Saudi Arabia (2.72%)
Sweden (2.64%)
Uzbekistan (2.63%)
Germany (2.59%)
Argentina (2.57%)
Pakistan (2.55%)
Bangladesh (2.43%)
Monaco (2.32%)
Bhutan (2.30%)
UK (2.28%)
Mongolia (2.26%)
New Caledonia (2.26%)
Panama (2.23%)
Cyprus (2.21%)
Malaysia (2.19%)
France (2.11%)
USA (2.06%)
Qatar (2.05%)
India (2.00%)
Portugal (2.00%)
Brunei (1.94%)
Azerbaijan (1.91%)
Tajikistan (1.88%)
Bosnia (1.86%)
Burundi (1.84%)
Turkey (1.74%)
Hungary (1.68%)
Iran (1.61%)
Netherlands Antilles (1.60%)
Barbados (1.45%)
Kazakhstan (1.44%)
Dominican Republic (1.40%)
Indonesia (1.40%)
South Korea (1.35%)
Japan (1.34%)
Italy (1.30%)
Trinidad & Tobago (1.30%)
Cuba (1.27%)
Brazil (1.23%)
Poland (1.22%)
El Salvador (1.19%)
Luxembourg (1.19%)
Albania (1.07%)
East Timor (1.03%)
Sri Lanka (0.99%)
Fiji (0.98%)
Vietnam (0.97%)
Belgium (0.94%)
Taiwan (0.82%)
Gibraltar (0.71%)
China (0.50%)
Myanmar (0.37%)
Slovakia (0.35%)
Ukraine (0.35%)
Latvia (0.13%)
North Korea (0.12%)
Kuwait (0.05%)
Greenland (0.00%)
San Marino (0.00%)
Georgia (-0.11%)
Russia (-0.21%)
Guyana (-0.32%)
Grenada (-0.51%)
Bulgaria (-0.64%)
Mexico (-0.81%)
Estonia (-0.95%)
Lithuania (-1.32%)
Croatia (-2.09%)
Christmas Island (-2.97%)
Dominica (-3.14%)
Romania (-5.20%)
Armenia (-6.03%)
Laos (-10.07%)

Bittersteel
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
yes.It goes for organized religions like Christianity and Islam.
still I believe we shouldn't care so much about number of followers.Perhaps the moderators can answer this question better.

How many Muslims are there in Indonesia?I heard they are declining in numbers due to Christian missionary activites (especially after the Tsunami and all).Just google.

Muhammad
11-07-2006, 05:47 PM

still I believe we shouldn't care so much about number of followers.
People becoming Muslims do not do any favours to Allaah or His Messenger :arabic5:, rather it is a favour to themselves. We are therefore happy that more people become Muslims because they have been saved from the Hellfire and our Muslim family has grown even more :).

Muezzin
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Well in london, I mean if you go in some areas in mosques u ask are you a revert randomly and you will get alot.
Yeah, the people asking are probably Asian.

In one masjid I go to, I think its like 60% or more or something is just reverts.
Translation: 60% are not Asian. ;) :)

(And to any scouts for the BNP reading this, sorry folks, I'm Asian meself)

Bittersteel
11-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I think Islam is declining.People have left Islam in large numbers in Bangladesh,with many women marrying foreigners.

are there Islamic orgs working in Muslims countries.I happened to live where 87% of the population are Muslims yet more than 90% of foreign orgs are European/Christian(not secular).In Bangladesh,they(secularists,pro-India) equate Islamists to traitors.
I don't what they mean when they say Bangladesh suffers from "religious " extremism.true that there were bomb balsts but the terrorists have been caught.

What about Islam and Muslims in the following countries?

Afghanistan
Algeria
Chad
Egypt
Indonesia
Iran
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Morocco
Pakistan
Palestine
Yemen
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Somalia
Tunisia
Turkey
Bahrain
Oman
Qatar
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Bangladesh
Iraq
Nigeria
Ajerbaijan
Albania
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan

north_malaysian
11-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Again from the source: http://www.worldchristiandatabase.org

THE TOP 3 FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN A COUNTRY ANNUALLY (by %)

AFGHANISTAN
1. Zoroastrianism (6.30%)
2. Islam (4.49%)
3. Sikhism (2.35%)

ALGERIA
1. Baha'i Faith (3.52%)
2. Christianity (2.92%)
3. Non Religious (2.22%)

CHAD
1. Christianity (9.60%)
2. Atheism (7.39%)
3. Islam (3.40%)

EGYPT
1. Christianity (4.04%)
2. Non religious (3.97%)
3. Atheism (3.04%)

INDONESIA
1. Christianity (5.78%)
2. Non Religious (2.80%)
3. Chinese Folk Religionist (2.58%)

IRAN
1. Christianity (4.34%)
2. Hinduism (1.99%)
3. Islam (1.61%)

JORDAN
1. Non Religious (7.83%)
2. Atheism (5.71%)
3. ISlam (4.63%)

KUWAIT
1. Christianity (18.39%)
2. Hinduism (6.46%)
3. Baha'i Faith (6.39%)

LEBANON
1. Islam (5.17%)
2. Non Religious (4.06%)
3. Christianity (3.62%)

LIBYA
1. Atheism (27.10%)
2. Christianity (8.94%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.74%)

MALAYSIA
1. Christianity (9.79%)
2. Neoreligionist (3.18%)
3. Buddhism (3.12%)

MOROCCO
1. Christianity (6.87%)
2. Atheism (2.51%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.26%)

PAKISTAN
1. christianity (8.20%)
2. Hinduism (2.73%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.69%)

PALESTINE
1. Non Religious (8.15%)
2. Atheism (6.07%)
3. Judaism (5.98%)

YEMEN
1. Christianity (6.77%)
2. Hinduism (4.51%)
3. Non Religious (4.31%)

SAUDI ARABIA
1. Ethnoreligionists (9.02%)
2. Christianity (8.26%)
3. Atheism (6.31%)

SUDAN
1. Christianity (7.18%)
2. Non Religious (4.15%)
3. Atheism (3.25%)

SOMALIA
1. Christianity (4.21%)
2. Baha'i Faith (3.03%)
3. Islam (1.90%)

TUNISIA
1. atheism (3.89%)
2. Non Religious (2.80%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.41%)

TURKEY
1. Christianity (4.17%)
2. Baha'i Faith (3.25%)
3. Buddhism (2.72%)

BAHRAIN
1. Ethnoreligionists (23.79%)
1. Neoreligionists (23.79%)
3. Buddhism (18.28%)

OMAN
1. Hinduism (5.64%)
2. Baha'i Faith (5.47%)
3. Atheism (4.97%)

QATAR
1. Christianity (8.72%)
2. Atheism (6.74%)
3. Non religious (2.94%)

SYRIA
1. Islam (2.99%)
2. Christianity (2.92%)
3. Non Religious (2.63%)

UAE
1. Christianity (8.69%)
2. Non Religious (6.61%)
3. Atheism (6.08%)

BANGLADESH
1. Christianity (6.49%)
2. Non Religious (5.13%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.44%)

IRAQ
1. Christianity (12.26%)
2. Atheism (4.01%)
3. Buddhism (3.94%)

NIGERIA
1. Christianity (6.10%)
2. Non Religious (5.28%)
3. Ethnoreligionists (2.88%)

AZERBAIJAN
1. Christianity (12.62%)
2. Baha'i Faith (3.35%)
3. Islam (1.91%)

ALBANIA
1. Christianity (16.70%)
2. Baha'i Faith (15.31%)
3. Islam (1.07%)

Bittersteel
11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
^okay how reliable are these data?I mean there has been no growth of Islam in Pakistan or Bangladesh or KSA?

Woodrow
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
^okay how reliable are these data?I mean there has been no growth of Islam in Pakistan or Bangladesh or KSA?
As the number of Muslims increases in a Country, the percentage of Reverts will decrease when listed as a percentage of growth. Example: A country is 100% Muslim. One Million newcomers move into the country and revert, The percentage of growth will be seen as 0% as the Country was already at 100% Although the number of Muslims increased by One million.

Now suppose you have a country of 100,000,000 people, but only 1 Muslim. In a year 5 people revert. That will show the percentage of growth as 500% for the year, but the country only has 6 Muslims.

AvarAllahNoor
11-09-2006, 04:25 PM
But all seem to be divided

Bittersteel
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
^huh?

Now suppose you have a country of 100,000,000 people, but only 1 Muslim. In a year 5 people revert. That will show the percentage of growth as 500% for the year, but the country only has 6 Muslims.
oh thanks.Yep I got it.so Christians are increasing in Bangladesh?

Woodrow
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
^huh?

According to the figures they are. But, I think a comparason of actual numbers insted of various percentages of things, would be a much more accurate way of showing the true growth.

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Do you people NOTICE the SOURCE?

It might be biased...

The reason why I'm referring to that link because... we Muslims dont have such a homepage... and even cant find secular kind of homepage...

So have to rely to the Christians...

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Now let us see how about some non Muslim nations

SPAIN
1. Islam (9.53%)
2. Baha'i Faith (9.12%)
3. Non Religious (3.35%)

PORTUGAL
1. Islam (2.00%)
2. Atheism (1.70%)
3. Spiritists (1.57%)

GIBRALTAR
1. Non Religious (4.88%)
2. Atheism (3.17%)
3. Baha'i Faith (1.22%)

ANDORRA
1. Hinduism (14.05%)
2. Islam (10.27%)
3. Non Religious (4.96%)

FRANCE
1. Islam (2.11%)
2. Ethnoreligionist (2.02%)
3. Chinese Folk Religionists (1.21%)

UNITED KINGDOM
1. Buddhism (1.37%)
2. Hinduism (2.41%)
3. Baha'i Faith (2.38%)

IRELAND
1. Islam (8.61%)
2. Hinduism (5.68%)
3. Non Religious (3.74%)

THE NETHERLANDS
1. Buddhism (14.02%)
2. Non Religious (4.91%)
3. Islam (3.77%)

BELGIUM
1. Non Religious (2.53%)
2. Atheism (1.62%)
3. Baha'i Faith (1.00%)

GERMANY
1. Judaism (16.99%)
2. Islam (2.59%)
3. Hinduism (1.30%)

RUSSIAN FEDERATION
1. Hinduism (1.21%)
2. Baha'i Faith (0.99%)
3. Chinese Folk Religionists (0.83%)

AUSTRALIA
1. Buddhism (11.21%)
2. Neoreligionists (10.12%)
3. Islam (7.03%)

NEW ZEALAND
1. Sikhism (19.45%)
2. Islam (7.37%)
3. Buddhism (6.37%)

SOLOMON ISLANDS
1. Atheism (9.37%)
2. Non Religious (8.23%)
3. Islam (7.10%)

USA
1. Atheism (5.60%)
2. Sikhism (4.11%)
3. Jainism (3.61%)
4. Hinduism (3.48%)
5. Ethnoreligionists (3.34%)
6. Buddhism (2.96%)
7. Baha'i Faith (2.57%)
8. Zoroastrianism (2.44%)
9. Neoreligionists (2.14%)
10. Islam (2.06%)

Woodrow
11-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Interesting. I just noticed that the countries that are traditionaly Catholic

Spain
Portugal
Ireland
France

Seem to have the highest percentage gain for Muslims.

The key tho is we need to see the actual numbers as it is vague as to just what the percentage points are measuring.

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 04:10 AM
^huh?

BANGLADESH

Population
152,592,662 (2005)

Religious Groups
1. Islam - 132,868,312 (87.07%)
2. Hinduism - 17,029,336 (11.16%)
3. Christianity - 1,140,220 (0.75%)
4. Buddhism - 979,169 (0.64%)
5. Ethnoreligionists - 736,895 (0.48%)
6. Non Religious - 113,096 (0.07%)
7. Sikhism - 25,173 (0.02%)
8. Atheism - 12,485 (0.01%)
9. Baha'i Faith - 9,854 (0.01%)
10. Zoroastrianism - 351 (0.00%)

TOP TEN CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS
1. Catholic Church in Bangladesh - 276,844
2. Hidden Hindu Believers in Christ - 250,000
3. Jamaat (Messianic Muslims) - 150,000
4. Hidden Muslim Believers in Christ - 60,000
5. New Apostolic church - 47,300
6. Seventh-day Adventist - 40,000
7. Assemblies of God - 30,000
8. All One in Christ Fellowship - 29,800
9. Bangladesh Baptist Fellowship - 28,900
10. Isolated Radio Churches - 27,600

RELIGIONS PERCENTAGE AMONG VARIOUS ETHNIC GROUPS

Bengali (105,841,261)
Islam (99.74%), Christianity (0.25%), Non Religious (0.06%), Atheism (0.01%)

Hindu Bengali (16,022,230)
Hinduism (99.80%), Christianity (1.70%)

Chittagonian (16,785,193)
Islam (99.84%), Christianity (0.14%), Non Religious (0.06%), Atheism (0.01%)

Sylhetti Bengali (7,150,406)
Islam (99.90%), Christianity (0.10%)

Bihari (2,288,890)
Islam (99.99%), Christianity (0.01%)

Urdu (915,556)
Islam (99.17%), Baha'i Faith (0.82%), Christianity (0.01%)

Burmese (457,778)
Buddhism (97.80%), Islam (2.00%), Christianity (0.20%)

Hindi (457,778)
Hinduism (90.00%), Islam (5.00%), Non Religious (4.50%), Christianity (0.50%)

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Interesting. I just noticed that the countries that are traditionaly Catholic

Spain
Portugal
Ireland
France

Seem to have the highest percentage gain for Muslims.

The key tho is we need to see the actual numbers as it is vague as to just what the percentage points are measuring.
I am just a limited member, could only access 15% of the data... sorry.

That's why we need to count muslims and maintain a database...

Other traditionally Catholic countries with significant muslim growth:

SLOVENIA
1. Islam (34.27%)
2. Baha'i Faith (12.09%)
3. Judaism (1.75%)

ITALY
1. Buddhism (7.44%)
2. Atheism (1.46%)
3. Islam (1.30%)

SLOVAKIA
1. Baha'i Faith (5.45%)
2. Islam (0.35%)
3. Non Religious (0.15%)

CZECH REPUBLIC
1. Buddhism (6.14%)
2. Islam (5.01%)
3. Neoreligionist (2.53%)

MALTA
1. Non Religious (9.11%)
2. Atheism (9.09%)
3. Islam (5.52%)

CHILE
1. Islam (32.30%)
2. Chinese Folk Religionist (2.69%)
3. Non Religious (2.06%)

Woodrow
11-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Looking at those numbers point out what I was talking about earlier.

Religious Groups

A gain of 1 million Muslims would show as only a .7% increase while a gain of 1 million Christians would show as a 100% increase. Percentages and statistics are only worth the value of what is being measured and the criteria for measurement.

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Looking at those numbers point out what I was talking about earlier.

Religious Groups

A gain of 1 million Muslims would show as only a .7% increase while a gain of 1 million Christians would show as a 100% increase. Percentages and statistics are only worth the value of what is being measured and the criteria for measurement.
Agreed....

sartajc
11-10-2006, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by stannis
Even though Im Muslim I agree with you.

However, Islam is the fastest growing religion in America right now, and thats not related to fertility.

habiibti
11-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Assalamu aleikum

what is Bahai faith?:? :?

Skillganon
11-10-2006, 05:42 AM
I think Islam is declining.People have left Islam in large numbers in Bangladesh,with many women marrying foreigners.

are there Islamic orgs working in Muslims countries.I happened to live where 87% of the population are Muslims yet more than 90% of foreign orgs are European/Christian(not secular).In Bangladesh,they(secularists,pro-India) equate Islamists to traitors.
I don't what they mean when they say Bangladesh suffers from "religious " extremism.true that there were bomb balsts but the terrorists have been caught.
Me sharing the ethnicity, i never understood the politics of bangladesh, :rollseyes
What's up with all those Khaleda and Hasina Fiasco:?

Bittersteel
11-10-2006, 08:13 AM
BANGLADESH

Population
152,592,662 (2005)

Religious Groups

TOP TEN CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS
1. Catholic Church in Bangladesh - 276,844
2. Hidden Hindu Believers in Christ - 250,000
3. Jamaat (Messianic Muslims) - 150,000
4. Hidden Muslim Believers in Christ - 60,000
5. New Apostolic church - 47,300
6. Seventh-day Adventist - 40,000
7. Assemblies of God - 30,000
8. All One in Christ Fellowship - 29,800
9. Bangladesh Baptist Fellowship - 28,900
10. Isolated Radio Churches - 27,600

RELIGIONS PERCENTAGE AMONG VARIOUS ETHNIC GROUPS

Bengali (105,841,261)
Islam (99.74%), Christianity (0.25%), Non Religious (0.06%), Atheism (0.01%)

Hindu Bengali (16,022,230)
Hinduism (99.80%), Christianity (1.70%)

Chittagonian (16,785,193)
Islam (99.84%), Christianity (0.14%), Non Religious (0.06%), Atheism (0.01%)

Sylhetti Bengali (7,150,406)
Islam (99.90%), Christianity (0.10%)

Bihari (2,288,890)
Islam (99.99%), Christianity (0.01%)

Urdu (915,556)
Islam (99.17%), Baha'i Faith (0.82%), Christianity (0.01%)

Burmese (457,778)
Buddhism (97.80%), Islam (2.00%), Christianity (0.20%)

Hindi (457,778)
Hinduism (90.00%), Islam (5.00%), Non Religious (4.50%), Christianity (0.50%)
excellent Info Mashallah!

where did you get this from?and are the data reliable?

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 08:20 AM
excellent Info Mashallah!

where did you get this from?and are the data reliable?
http://www.worldchristiandatabase.org

Reliable or not, biased or not... ONLY God knows...

Bittersteel
11-10-2006, 09:01 AM
^ you Muslim right?

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 09:30 AM
^ you Muslim right?
110% confirmed that I'm a Muslim... and hoping to die as one.

Even if the whole muslim population converted to other religion... I still want to be Muslim...

Bittersteel
11-10-2006, 10:36 AM
^ yeah me too.

Asyur an-Nagi
11-10-2006, 10:46 AM

oh? approximately 88% of Indonesia's 222 million people are Muslims, 5% are Protestant, 3% are Catholic, 2% are Hindu, 1% are Buddhist, and 1% are believing in other religions.this statistic cake never change that much ever since i was a pre-school student.

in the mosque of sunda kelapa, almost every month we have new muallaf.

i would be very grateful if you could show me some article which support your post. i would sincerely be, sister, as i need to know what i don't.:)

north_malaysian
11-13-2006, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
oh? approximately 88% of Indonesia's 222 million people are Muslims, 5% are Protestant, 3% are Catholic, 2% are Hindu, 1% are Buddhist, and 1% are believing in other religions.this statistic cake never change that much ever since i was a pre-school student.

in the mosque of sunda kelapa, almost every month we have new muallaf.

i would be very grateful if you could show me some article which support your post. i would sincerely be, sister, as i need to know what i don't.:)
Are the Muallafs consists of Chinese or other ethnic groups?

In my local mosque, almost all the mualafs are chinese.

Bittersteel
11-13-2006, 08:37 AM
hey North Malaysian can you find out how many Christian orgs are there in Bangladesh?It has been found out that NGO Christians act as spies for foreigners including Indians.

north_malaysian
11-13-2006, 09:25 AM
hey North Malaysian can you find out how many Christian orgs are there in Bangladesh?It has been found out that NGO Christians act as spies for foreigners including Indians.
that kind of facts are unavailable ... but I'll try and search for you...

Asyur an-Nagi
11-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Are the Muallafs consists of Chinese or other ethnic groups?

In my local mosque, almost all the mualafs are chinese.
mostly yes. but indonesian some malay people are non muslim as well. and they are included as the new muallafs.

KAding
11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I wouldn't be too confident. Christianity also claims to be the fastest growing religion in the world. Besides, many humanists believe non-religious lifestyles are actually gaining in popularity. As always wikipedia has a nice page on this issue :). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastest_growing_religion

Being biased myself, I think the humanists might have a point. Clearly, in many places where there is strong economic development, modern lifestyles gain in prominence, often suppressing traditional lifestyles which are rooted much more in religious tradition. Heck, there are so many people who call themselves Muslim or Christian but in reality religion has very little impact on their life's. I think this issue might be even more obvious with Muslims, since there is such a taboo within Islamic society regarding apostasy. Being Islamic is after all supposed to be the main identity of anyone born a Muslim, you know, the whole Ummah thingy :). In Christianity such a dominant identity is simply not present. One can be Christian, yet still have an ethnicity or nationality. It is not seen as conflicting. This means IMHO that Christians will more quickly switch to one of these alternative sense of identity.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-14-2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.worldchristiandatabase.org

Reliable or not, biased or not... ONLY God knows...
Allahu A'lam, but Im sure somethings are not true at all. Cause these non muslims love to make fake statements to make them look bigger, but the truth theyre not. Like in Indonesia, they said Xtians has growed fast by their christianity, but truely maybe yes its true they re doing christianization here, but its so rare muslims wanna follow them. Oly them who is so so poor and hungry who wanna follow insha Allah. Thats why theyres someone said "Muslim being a christian cause of their stomach, and christian being a muslim cause of their brain" :) .
And yaa ikhwah...big or small quantity of muslims will not bring any good affects if we dont understand this Islam in the right way isnt It? :) Thats why Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam said in his hadith that muslims will be like bubbles on the wave, cause it has a lot of quantity but only a few who understand their dien correctly, Wallahul mustaan.
The companions in Rasulullahs time, only a few, but they can defeat kafereen who is ten times more than them. So the victory is NOT because of the quantity Im sure, but its because what you have in you, your tauhid and manhaj, thats the most important, thats the most important and thats the most important, Wallahi.
So if we wanna have our victory, then we have to follow the companions ways to understand dien. We have to have tauhid and manhaj like them, and also their ibadah and akhlaq, if we DONT follow their ways, then the Islam victory will be a dream. So wajeeb for us to follow Rasulullsh and his sahabah way of life. He said "follow my sunnah and sunnah al khulafa ar rashdeen after me...."

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
"Muslim being a christian cause of their stomach, and christian being a muslim cause of their brain"
Well I've seen Indonesian vcd about dialogue/debate between Muallafin (Reverts to Islam) and Murtadin (Apostates).

While all the reverts are ex-priests and mentioning that they converted to ISlam after study it thoroughly....

Meanwhile the apostates converted to Christianity for "miracles" thing happen to them like saw Jesus, Mary, Angels...

The most interesting thing is that, one of the apostates was graduate of "Pesantren" (religious school) and taught Arabic to Christians after he became a Christian. When he recited Koranic verses ... it sounds so weird...

Then one of the revert mentioned that.... "Your Arabic is worst... maybe when you converted to Christianity, God has taken away your Arabic tongue."

Chuck
11-14-2006, 07:05 AM
"Muslim being a christian cause of their stomach..."

Meanwhile the apostates converted to Christianity for "miracles" thing happen to them like saw Jesus, Mary, Angels...

This is something muslims should study and try to come up with solutions because Allah can held us responsible on the Day of Judgement if we are not helping muslims in hunger or education. Education is a tricky issue.

Instead of looking these apostates in a bad light, we should to help them in their plight and others getting into similar situation.

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck

This is something muslims should study and try to come up with solutions because Allah can held us responsible on the Day of Judgement if we are not helping muslims in hunger or education. Education is a tricky issue.

Instead of looking these apostates in a bad light, we should to help them in their plight and others getting into similar situation.
Gave you some reps on this....:D

Dhulqarnaeen
11-15-2006, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck

Hmmm...yes youre right bro in some way that we must help our muslims brothers in hunger, that so right. But I think thats not the most important point, thats second. The first is I think its so emergency to help them with their aqidah first. Give them da'watut tauhid, learning the right aqidah ahlussunnah wal jamaah. And Im sure if they understand the right aqidah, then we should remember Quran said that if we are taqwa then Allah will help us, Allah will give us the beautiful parks with a lot of river, and He is the one who give rizq to His slave, and He will not egnore His slave who is taqwa. So.its the most important, da'wah Tauhid to them.

IF we make help them with their hunger as the first priority, then how long can we help them with their food? Then when we leave them, those Christians sheeperd will come to them and offer more food and money, isnt that right? So they will teased easily to be murtad from Islam. And if they have understand the right Aqidah, then Im sure they choose they will rather die than following those lost missionarist, or maybe they will do hijrah to search Allahs rizq. Cause Allahs earth is so wide, and we are free to seek for rizq eeeeverywhere as long its halal.

And akhi Northmalay...yes I have seen the videos. And it made me remember one qaidah from our scholars, they said "Allah said that theres profit in khamr and gambling, but the lost/destruction is more than the profit", and thats why khamr and gambling haram. And its the same with these ex-Xtians who just converted into Islam. Lots of them being a "sudden ustadh", wallahul mustaan. And they teach people with their story and all, and they did debates with the Christian without enough knowledges. Some muslims happy to see this, but to some muslims who are knowledgable then they will see far a head cause this can bring a wrong image about Islam its self. Cause this converts "just" being muslim. And they havent study about the right aqidah yet. And If they did debates, what will they tell to those mssionarist? They will speak with their brain without daleel from Quran and sunnah. And some of these converts still influenced by their Christians teaching, and in the end they try to mix Christians teaching "which" they think is good into Islamic teaching. And it will make our muslims brothers lost hearing their da'wah. So its the same with the qaidah, they think they can give something to Islam (as a profit) BUT they dont realize the destruction they bring is more larger than the manfaat.

I wanna tell a story, I hope we can take ibroh from it. I ever learn Christology, and we studied the contradictions in the bible. We memorized the bibble and the mistakes. And we have some Christology teachers too. And after that I had hidayah to study Islam from asatidhah Salafy, and Alhamdulillah I learn the right aqidah and manhaj. And then I put my Christology teachers on the scale of Quran and sunnah, and I found that theyre the most jaheel teacher. And their explanation often contradicted the explanation of ulama. Some of them said "Allah is everywhere", and some of them give speech and brought a lot of hadith dhoif and maudhu without they know, and some of them said proudly "I teach Islam with my own intelegency, and I didnt take Islam from anyone else. I dont like to take words from someone". Yaa Rabbi, I was thinking "how can these people defend Islam with their lost understanding?They will just spreading lies and sins, and they will make more muslims deviated from the right understanding of Islam". And then my teacher told me "leave study Christology, fear Allah. You will just wasting your time by learning their books. How many times you have wasted by reading bibble and you dont even remember the Quran yet?!?!?You better leave it, and take your time remember Quran and searching for 'ilman nafii'a. Its bad study Christology, cause Islam is so wide. You will not be able to study all for the rest of your life. So dont waste your time study Christology." And alhamdulillah my ustadh is right, and Allah gave me taufiq and hidayah to follow him. Hafidhahullah. So since that time I always adviced my friends to leave learning Christology, its Ulama who should learn it with their capability, and for us, make our self busy learning this Islam. Cause we all just beginner in learning Islam. And in history we have some ulama such as syaikhul Islam Ibn Taimiyah who have made one good book that explain the mistakes in Christian teaching.
Hmm...sorry for my long post, hope manfaat insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.