/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jokes of the Prophet peace be upon him

Umar001
11-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I was looking at some jokes of the Prophet peace be upon him, here

But I never understood this one, well more than this but this one in particular.

Anas radiallaahu 'anhu said: That someone asked him if the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam made jovial remarks. Ibn Abbas replied in the affirmative. Then the man asked him to tell him what type of jovial remarks he indulged in. At this Ibn Abbas said, 'Once the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam gave a very loose shirt to one of his wives and asked her to wear it and to praise Allaah. He further asked her to walk around pulling its ends or skirts as a bride does.' [Ibn Asakir and al Kanz Vol IV p43]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
11-06-2006, 09:46 AM
:sl:

I think it just shows him joking around? :? Well thats what I understood it too mean anyway.:rollseyes

I dont understand a lot of them either.

Umar001
11-06-2006, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I think it just shows him joking around? :? Well thats what I understood it too mean anyway.:rollseyes

I dont understand a lot of them either.
Yea its meanto be a joke, but am guesing theres some background knowledge that we kinda need to find it funny, like if someone from a diff culture tells u a joke u might not get it cos what might be funny in that culture might not be funny in urs, i think thats whats happend here.

I dont get what is funny about walking around like a bride, but alhamdulilah I hope I understand it one day

Malaikah
11-06-2006, 10:24 AM

^LOL. I agree about the culture thing.

Hey but i thought it was like 'playing dress ups' or something?:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.