/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is It Allowed?

habiibti
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Assalamu aleikum people.i hope this finds u in da best health and iman.insha Allah.

My problem is,i work in a store where lotto tickets are sold,so one day a guy bought a ticket and he won some money,he was happy and all that,and he gave me some for me was da person who sold him da winning ticket.

my question,is it wrong for me to have accepted that money:?

thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
habiibti
11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
come on people,i need answers before i spent it.i have a feeling it isnt mine.

Skillganon
11-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, I am not sure, that is a hard one. I think since he gave you the money as a gift than it is ok, but if you are unsure about it you can alway's give it to charity.

Anyway that is my opinion.

- Qatada -
11-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Can he accept money that comes from the lottery company?
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=lottery

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
stannis
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I am not a Muslim so maybe my opinion isn't interesting but I think you should give some of it to charity and keep the rest to help out yourself, your friends, family etc. and make your loved ones happy...

habiibti
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
from what i have understood,as long as i didnt take part in da gambling,i should consider this as a gift,phew.

thanks guys.

al Amaanah
11-06-2006, 05:26 PM
lol how much is it or am I being rude :rollseyes

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 05:31 PM
lol you duno where the money came from though,

And lottery is a big no, no anyways isn't it?

:)

Tc!! AsalamuAlaykum

habiibti
11-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Bintu, ur not being rude,lets just say i dont earn that amount in a month.it was a couple hundreds.

tasmiyah,that was what i was thinking,apperantly it isnt that wrong coz i didnt gamble and we all know it is haram to do that since it is clearly stated in da quran.

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 05:50 PM
well usually this money is the money jacked from ova ppl isn't it? lol well if it is, den no, that's haraam, it's like robbing a needy person, get meh..

Anyways i dunno much, am quite ... *ahem*

so Tc!!

habiibti
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Tasmiyah dear,do u know what lottery is? coz i am pretty sure that isnt robbery i assure u.besides i said i didnt buy da ticket or participate in da gambling.i am a merely a cashier at a store,da dude happened to buy da ticket and won.

dont worry,i didnt robbery anyone much less a needy person.

Firdaus
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
Assalamu aleikum people.i hope this finds u in da best health and iman.insha Allah.

My problem is,i work in a store where lotto tickets are sold,so one day a guy bought a ticket and he won some money,he was happy and all that,and he gave me some for me was da person who sold him da winning ticket.

my question,is it wrong for me to have accepted that money:?

thanks in advance.

:sl:
since this money is gained by haram means and not by hard toil then the money is definitely haram. If the person has given you as a sort of gift then it's not permissible for you to eat with that money but rather you can give it in charity BUT you'll get neither rewards from Allah nor sins from Allah.

Caller الداعي
11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
asslam alaikum
guys! im sorry but again ill have to say it we should put our questions pertaining to islamic rulings forward to learned ppl not to forums where ppl mostly give their opinion. Islam is a religion and is established on knowledge and that knowledge can only be found with those who have it....i mean if we go sick do we start asking in a forum or consult a doc.???
seriously we should remember this coz alot times i come across this...
Allah says :
'if u disagree about anything then put it to Allah and his messenger (peace be upon him)...'
Allah knows best
hey i didnt mean to offend u sister.

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
Tasmiyah dear,do u know what lottery is? coz i am pretty sure that isnt robbery i assure u.besides i said i didnt buy da ticket or participate in da gambling.i am a merely a cashier at a store,da dude happened to buy da ticket and won.

dont worry,i didnt robbery anyone much less a needy person.
Harsh :rollseyes

you make me sound so dumb sis :giggling:

lol ima leave dis thread NOW! imsad:offended:

PEACE!

Malaikah
11-08-2006, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
well usually this money is the money jacked from ova ppl isn't it? lol well if it is, den no, that's haraam, it's like robbing a needy person, get meh..

According to the link given by fi-sabillallah, its ok for her to use the money, since it was a gift... but the sin falls on the guy who was gambling not her

InToTheRain
11-08-2006, 08:35 AM

I remember the incident when an uncle in living near east london mosque won the lottery. He donated £500,000 to the east london mosque but they rejected it becuase they said the money is Haram. hmmmm....

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.