/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't make whudu or pray properly

Fishman
11-06-2006, 05:05 PM
:sl:
Yesterday I sneezed and did something to my back, and now I can't pray properly or make whudu. At the moment I just stand up and miss sadjah and ruku, but does anybody else have any idea what to do?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
s.ahmad25
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
did you go to the doctor(the one for bones) and ask him to check your back?...

If not then you should. Dont crack it, as it leads to problems and your spinal cord is there too.

Kittygyal
11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Assalamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

lol you sneezed really hard lol ;D

go to thy doctor inshallah, && if it really hurts then sit down && pray inshallah

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah!

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Aisha20
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
go to thy doctor inshallah, && if it really hurts then sit down && pray inshallah
go to doctor... n as the sis said b4 u can pray sitting

Inshallah u will b ok soon :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
11-06-2006, 09:20 PM
I pretty much know what it is, I've pulled a muscle that is near my diaphagm, which means I can't laugh, cough or sneeze without experiencing a sudden stabbing pain. I also can't bend my back or move my arm in a certain way, which means I have to pray standing up. I can't sit down except on a chair, so sitting down for salah is not really an option. And I can't do whudu either, because I need to bend down to reach the sink, and when I sniff water up my nose it makes me sneeze, which feels horrible.

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 09:20 PM
get well soon bro, inshaAllah!

Aisha20
11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
but i think u can also pray sitting on a chair.. innit? i have seen pples who do that :X

Mawaddah
11-06-2006, 11:31 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about you hurting yourself. May Allah cure you soon Ameen.

So first of all, the Wudhu. You are not able to bend to perform the wudhu'? Well then no problem. Make Tayammum. This takes place of the wudhu since you are not able to do the wudhu'. Take some clean dirt and pat your hands on top of it then dust off any excess. Rub your right hand over your left hand and then wipe your face. Tayammum completed.

And then the Salaat. If you cannot sit on the ground brother, sit on a chair. The way you are doing salaat right now (missing out on the ruku' and sujood') is not valid because rukoo' and sujood' are pillars of the salaat and when one misses them he must repeat it. So take a chair and sit down on it. Place your hands on your chest as usual and recite the Faatihah etc. Bend your head for the Rukoo' and then Bend your head a little lower for the sujood. You can make salaat this way Insha'allah.

Deen is easy brother. I hope you get better soon insha'allah.

DigitalStorm82
11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

May Allah grant you quick recovery.

In the mean time, you can sit on a chair and pray... tilt forward for rukhoo... and tilt forward even more for sujood... you do not need to rest your head on anything... keep ur hands on ur knees and just recite what you would normally recite...

As far as wudu is concerned... just use a glass if you can't bend down. And if it makes you sneeze by sniffing water up ur nose... just cup ur hand and sink your nose in it... and just clean much as you can...

May Allah grant you stength and willpower to continue in your worship... do not forget... this is a test as well... Stay strong.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
omg this happened to me b4. i still kept sneezing and i was dying :offended: lol
May Allah grant u good health brother. Your in my dua's InshAllah.
Salaam Alaikum

Rabi'ya
11-08-2006, 06:00 PM

ummmm, Tayamum and praying ona chair....thats my advice :)

Rabi'ya:rose:

Umar001
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Assalamu Aleykum, brother,

I hope you will get better inshaAllah,

From Shaykh Al Albani's book,

The Prayer of a Sick Person in a Sitting Position
'Imran ibn Husain (radiallaahu 'anhu) said, "I was suffering from haemorrhoids (piles), so I asked the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and he said, Pray standing; if you are not able, then sitting down; if you are not able to do so, then pray lying down.17

'Imraan ibn Husain also said, "I asked him (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) about the prayer of a man while sitting, so he said: He who prays standing, that is better; he who prays sitting, his reward is half that of the former. He who prays lying down (and in another narration: reclining), has half the reward of the one who sits.18This applies to the sick person, for Anas (radiallaahu 'anhu) said, "The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) came out to the people while they were praying sitting due to illness, so he said: Verily, the prayer of one who sits is (worth) half of the prayer of the one who stands.19

Once "he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) visited a sick person and saw him praying (leaning) on a pillow, so he took it and cast it aside. So the man took a stick to pray (leaning) on it, but he took it and cast it aside and said: Pray on the ground if you can, but otherwise make movements with your head, making your sujood lower than your rukoo."20
I advise this book to you,

It can be found here

Snowflake
11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I hope you get well soon bro.

There are duaas you can make for pain relief bro. Sorry I can't find any as my browser is coming up with weird sites. Can anyone else plz help?

Why don't you also try a hot compress e.g a hot water bottle on the painful area and some pain killers will help too.

Fishman
11-10-2006, 10:11 PM
My back is pretty much better now, alhamdulilah. I can pray and make whudu again, but it is quite uncomfortable.

DigitalStorm82
11-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Good to hear...

May Allah restore you to your original health if not better...

Skillganon
11-10-2006, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
My back is pretty much better now, alhamdulilah. I can pray and make whudu again, but it is quite uncomfortable.
I will probably advise to get better (make a full recovery) than put any stress on it otherwise you might damage it further or prolong it.

I hope you get better. :happy:

- Qatada -
11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I hope you get well soon bro.

There are duaas you can make for pain relief bro. Sorry I can't find any as my browser is coming up with weird sites. Can anyone else plz help?

Why don't you also try a hot compress e.g a hot water bottle on the painful area and some pain killers will help too.

:salamext:

This is a good dua' site insha'Allaah:

http://makedua.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.