/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do you believe in this poem?

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Am doing a survey about this poem tell me what you think about this poem e.g. do you believe in it.:)

Its for my coursework just say what you think about it really could help:)

If a child

If a child lives with criticism,
he learns to condemn;
If a child lives with hostility,
he learns to fight;
If a child lives with ridicule,
he learns to be shy;
If a child lives with shame,
he learns to feel guilty;
If a child lives with tolerance,
he learns to be patient;
If a child lives with encouragement,
he learns confidence;
If a child lives with praise,
he learns to appreciate;
If a child lives with fairness,
he learns justice;
If a child lives with security,
he learns to have faith;
If a child lives with approval,
he learns to like himself;
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship,
He learns to love the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
11-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes, i do. I believe that people are products of society. If a child is exposed to violence and knows no other way, then it is highly likely for that child to grow up thinking that violence is the only way. Likewise, if a child is brought up in a loving and caring environment in which morals are upheld it is more likely to grow up to be a balanced individual. Children are like leeches, they take in what is presented to them.

strider
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Just out of interest, who wrote this poem? :)

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
thank you sis well people said some what opposite to you.
thank you for your answer one one couple of more to go gosh i need this by Tomorrow:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
i really don't know am looking for it in the internet;D

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Just out of interest, who wrote this poem? :)
every time i find this poem it says Author unknown;D

strider
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
No worries sis, i've found the name of the poet. It's Charles Swindoll.

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
come people just say one or two things i really need it badly tonightimsad

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 06:29 PM
http://broadcast-live.com/music/life.html

this site says the poeti s Dorothy Law Neite :?

strider
11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Actually, yeah you're right.

Muhammad
11-06-2006, 09:35 PM
:sl:

To a certain extent, I am inclined to agree with the poem, but I don't think that these characteristics of the child are wholly dependent upon the nature of the upbringing mentioned. While the parents can try their best to raise their children in the best possible way, it does not mean that the expected characteristics will definitely develop. Ultimately, it is Allaah who creates us the way we are, and only by His will do we have the characteristics that we have. It is for this reason that even when we are adults, we ask Allaah to perfect our character and to protect us from having a bad character.

That is my understanding of this topic, and I hope it helps Insha'Allaah.

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 09:40 PM
thank you brother am just wrighting about it it does help;D

The Ruler
11-14-2006, 08:43 PM
:sl:

yes i do agree with the poem...but if it is an engish coursework or something, you have to find out something that the chile may symbolise...but then again it may not be an english coursework...in that caseignore me :)

:w:

zaria
11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Yes I do. As a child you absorb so much and what ever we show them or teach them they copy itso we need to lead by example.

snakelegs
11-14-2006, 10:37 PM
yes, i agree with the ideas in the poem. this is why parenting is such a totally awesome responsibility.
i think muhammad makes a good point tho - that the way child develops is not entirely dependent on the upbringing...there is something beyond that.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 12:53 PM
brother Muhammad has said wise words mashaAllah.

Its as Rasullulah saws has stated in the hadith, Only Allah knows what is in the womb of the mother, if he will be good, Allah knows, if he will be evil, Allah knows.
Sure the society and influencial characters of the childs life play a role as much as the family but at the end of the day, Allah does what he wills.
Lets think about Musa AS when he was with Dhul-Kifl, Dhul kifl pulled off a childs head because the child was evil even though the parents were pious, therefore we cant place blame on the parents for the child on this occasion !

I hope that helps inshaAllah.

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.