/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Something that shocked me today

snowdropjasmine
11-06-2006, 09:36 PM
This is what I show with my two eyes. So I though I might share this story with you my experience of something that amazed me today and shocked me and wordless don’t know what to say. :hiding: :) wish you like it because i know both of these people so well like for 7 years and this shocked but am happy for them:) . well here is the story

Me and couple of friends where having a conversation about Muslims and wars around the world, just as we where talking one guy who was not a Muslim stood up and said who would fight if there was a jihad to day .jihad as in Christians and Jews and Muslims against each other fighting for there religion not like e.g. what is happening against Iraq to day but like the battle of Badr. Shocking think was they were all like to him welcome to the 21 century that is not happening so non of the Muslims were willing to fight for Islam only me and 3 other people said they would pretty much there were 15 Muslims seating there. So this boy says like to us are you scared of dieing.

A Muslim boy says “why should I fight for Islam”.

Christians boy says” why not are you not a Muslim and if other Muslims were dieing and Christians where taking over the world would you not fight to save Islam?”

Muslim boy says “am going to hell at the end of the day fighting for Islam will do me good”

Christian boy says “what do you mean?”

Muslim boy runs of and was not seen for the rest of the day. A week later somebody says to me did you know the Muslim boy never comes out of the masjid am “like what him I do not believe you” then I see him out side the masjid.

I say “hey what happened to you”

He says “that boy opened my eye about Islam and what Islam is Allah sends you a sign and that was my sign”

I say “so what are you going to do?”

He says “my dad has brought me a house in medina I will live there till I die”.
Am just to shocked don’t know what to say this is the boy that never dreamed of going to medina he did not like it and loved USA so much.

Today around 2.00 I heard that the Christian boy reverted to Islam yesterday. Am like what just then the Christian boy comes up to me and says.

Hey am a Muslim

I say” what brought you to Islam?

He says “the Muslim boy was my sign and I could not go to sleep since the day I had the conversation with him he had made open eye to Islam. My Allah blesses him without him I would not have been here today.

Other stories have heard about a person that revert to Islam they have like I met an good Muslim and so on but these boy they where both amazement to me one was not a Muslim but made the other become a Muslim and other was a Muslim from the mouth plus today he is a great Muslim .amazing my Allah bless them both

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
erm i think i got the story mashallah :D:D

Muezzin
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Whoa, rewind. What did you just say?

Aisha20
11-06-2006, 11:29 PM
wow...

erm i think i got the story mashallah
i think m too..
May Allah bless u n the others muslims that were with u. specially the christian who reverted :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but seriously, could someone translate it like?

Mawaddah
11-06-2006, 11:34 PM
This story really needs to be rewritten.....properly.

However I get the drift of it.

And Masha'allah :)

al Amaanah
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Lol..You guys are overreacting.

@ Masha Allah!

:w:

AbdulHassanAmir
11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Let's try not to be rude to other members' English! I translated this for people who are having a tough time reading it. (I had no problem).

This is a true story, saw it with my own two eyes, so I though I might share this story with you. Needless to say, my experience shocked my today and I thought I'd share it.:hiding: :) I hope you like it because I've known both of these people for a very long time....:)Well, here is the story.

Me and a couple of friends were having a conversation about Muslims and wars around the world, just as we were talking, one guy who was not a Muslim stood up and said: "Who would fight if there was a Jihad today ? Jihad as in Christians,Jews and Muslims against each other fighting for there religion not like e.g. what is happening against Iraq today but like the battle of Badr. Shocking thing was they were all like to him welcome to the 21 st century ,that is not happening so none of the Muslims were willing to fight for Islam only me and 3 other people said they would.Pretty much, there were 15 Muslims sitting there. So this boy says to us, "Are you afraid of dieing?".

A Muslim boy says “Why should I fight for Islam?”.

The Christian boy said ”Why not? Are you not a Muslim? And if other Muslims were dieing and Christians were taking over the world ,would you not fight to save Islam?”

Muslim boy says “I am going to hell at the end of the day, fighting for Islam will do me no good.”

Christian boy says “What do you mean?”

Muslim boy runs off and was not seen for the rest of the day. A week later somebody says to me ; "Did you know the Muslim boy never comes out of the masjid ? I said, “I do not believe you” then I saw him outside the Masjid.

I say “Hey what happened to you?”

He says; “That boy opened my eye about Islam and what Islam is, Allah sends you a sign, and that was my sign.”

He says “my dad has brought me a house in Medina, I will live there till I die”.
I was just too shocked, didn't know what to say. This was the boy who never thought of Medina, let alone live there, and he adored the U.S.

Today at around 2:00 I heard that the Christian boy reverted to Islam yesterday. I was thinking ,and the Christian boy came up to me and said,

Hey I'm a Muslim

I said "What brought you to Islam?

He says, “The Muslim boy was my sign and I could not go to sleep since the day I had the conversation with him, he opened my eyes to Islam. My Allah blesses him without him I would not have been here today"

Other stories have heard about a person that converted to Islam have been different. People converted because they liked the Muslims they saw and what they represented.But in this case, I believe it was faith Amazing, may Allah bless them both

IzakHalevas
11-07-2006, 02:34 AM
What? :heated:

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 05:15 AM
I cant get it too... Sorry...

Dhulqarnaeen
11-07-2006, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Whoa, rewind. What did you just say?
:sl:
Masha Allah, mmm...I think I got the story:D . Btw...where are you from "snow"?

BlissfullyJaded
11-07-2006, 06:35 AM

The part that confuses me is...how was the Muslim boy a sign to the Christian that made him convert? What was in what he said that opened the Christian's eyes? :?

I'm sorry sis, I'm not dissing you, I'm just confused. :-[ *hug*

snowdropjasmine
11-07-2006, 06:55 AM
ok sorry everyone a Friend of my wrote this and well i have learnt i lesson to check befor i post;D . am going to rewright this story and well the question that was not Answerd event i can't isimsad
was how was the Muslim boy a sign to the Christian that made him convert?
am going to talk to the the boy that converted to islam and get the story right am sooooooooooo sorry really i am:heated:

Umar001
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=AbdulHassanAmir;554102]Me and a couple of friends were having a conversation about Muslims and wars around the world, just as we were talking, one guy who was not a Muslim stood up and said: "Who would fight if there was a Jihad today ? Jihad as in Christians,Jews and Muslims against each other fighting for there religion not like e.g. what is happening against Iraq today but like the battle of Badr. Shocking thing was they were all like to him welcome to the 21 st century ,that is not happening so none of the Muslims were willing to fight for Islam only me and 3 other people said they would.Pretty much, there were 15 Muslims sitting there. So this boy says to us, "Are you afraid of dieing?".
[QUOTE]

First one is obvious, did you mean 'they all said to him'
and second one i dont get, if 'me and 3 other people said they would' i.e they would fight, then why would he ask them 'are you afraid of dying' as if they said they wouldnt?

Its a nice story though I liked it alot, thank you sister snow for sharing it :)

S_87
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM

lol :p i understood it perfectly :lol:

nice story mashaAllah, Allah guides who He wills.

so has the muslim boy gone to Madinah like straight off??

Azhar786
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snowdropjasmine
This is what I show with my two eyes. So I though I might share this story with you my experience of something that amazed me today and shocked me and wordless don’t know what to say. :hiding: :) wish you like it because i know both of these people so well like for 7 years and this shocked but am happy for them:) . well here is the story

Me and couple of friends where having a conversation about Muslims and wars around the world, just as we where talking one guy who was not a Muslim stood up and said who would fight if there was a jihad to day .jihad as in Christians and Jews and Muslims against each other fighting for there religion not like e.g. what is happening against Iraq to day but like the battle of Badr. Shocking think was they were all like to him welcome to the 21 century that is not happening so non of the Muslims were willing to fight for Islam only me and 3 other people said they would pretty much there were 15 Muslims seating there. So this boy says like to us are you scared of dieing.

A Muslim boy says “why should I fight for Islam”.

Christians boy says” why not are you not a Muslim and if other Muslims were dieing and Christians where taking over the world would you not fight to save Islam?”

Muslim boy says “am going to hell at the end of the day fighting for Islam will do me good”

Christian boy says “what do you mean?”

Muslim boy runs of and was not seen for the rest of the day. A week later somebody says to me did you know the Muslim boy never comes out of the masjid am “like what him I do not believe you” then I see him out side the masjid.

I say “hey what happened to you”

He says “that boy opened my eye about Islam and what Islam is Allah sends you a sign and that was my sign”

He says “my dad has brought me a house in medina I will live there till I die”.
Am just to shocked don’t know what to say this is the boy that never dreamed of going to medina he did not like it and loved USA so much.

Today around 2.00 I heard that the Christian boy reverted to Islam yesterday. Am like what just then the Christian boy comes up to me and says.

Hey am a Muslim

I say” what brought you to Islam?

He says “the Muslim boy was my sign and I could not go to sleep since the day I had the conversation with him he had made open eye to Islam. My Allah blesses him without him I would not have been here today.

Other stories have heard about a person that revert to Islam they have like I met an good Muslim and so on but these boy they where both amazement to me one was not a Muslim but made the other become a Muslim and other was a Muslim from the mouth plus today he is a great Muslim .amazing my Allah bless them both

:sl: great story sister i understood it mashallah
:w:

Daffodil
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
can some one who understands the story please tell me what its about cuz i dnt understand

Azhar786
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
can some one who understands the story please tell me what its about cuz i dnt understand

sis just shows wat ppl think of islam

Muhammad
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM

This is like marmite: you either understand the story first time or you don't (where is brother aamirsaab when you need him!).

The impression I got from the story is that there were 15 people sitting in a room; a non-Muslim asked how many of them would fight for Islam and only 3 answered in the positive. Seeing as so less people replied in the positive, that is why the non-Muslim asked if they were all afraid of dying, and then a Muslim boy stood up and they had that conversation.

So the Muslim boy's fear of Hell and mentioning of martyrdom was perhaps what moved the non-Muslim, and the non-Muslim's provoking question about standing up for Islam perhaps moved the Muslim. And this led them both to become practising Muslims Alhamdulillah.

That's what I understood!

Dua
11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
MashAllah.. touching story.

Mohsin
11-08-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

This is like marmite: you either understand the story first time or you don't (where is brother aamirsaab when you need him!).

The impression I got from the story is that there were 15 people sitting in a room; a non-Muslim asked how many of them would fight for Islam and only 3 answered in the positive. Seeing as so less people replied in the positive, that is why the non-Muslim asked if they were all afraid of dying, and then a Muslim boy stood up and they had that conversation.

So the Muslim boy's fear of Hell and mentioning of martyrdom was perhaps what moved the non-Muslim, and the non-Muslim's provoking question about standing up for Islam perhaps moved the Muslim. And this led them both to become practising Muslims Alhamdulillah.

That's what I understood!
same here

aamirsaab
11-08-2006, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Did somebody say marmite?!

I too understood what it meant but that's mainly because I took educated guesses (e.g. signs come in different forms, some are more clearer than others whereas some are slightly more cryptic) in addition to the information given. Oh well, nice story anyway :D.

Qurratul Ayn
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
:salamext:

Masha'Allah ta'ala! A truly touching post, Jazak'Allah Khair for sharing this tory.

:salamext:
Qurratul Ayn

P.S. Forgive me, if I offend Sister snowdropjasmine, but the post could have been written better! (Once again, forgive me if you become offended or sad form my post!)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.