/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is fireworks appropriate to use?

Helena
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
:sl:

just a random/general question.....i need some answers inshalah

in university...i was having a debate with my friends on this subject as i was against it.....

i dont mean using fireworks on da 5th of nov...but generally for other occasions that take place in ppl lives...

is it appropriate to use it? is it necessary? is it for entertainment?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-07-2006, 08:14 PM
well its another form of entertainment which brings in money, personally I dislike them, I hate the noise, I sit at home and ok on one or two nights but day and night for weeks come on, and at school they had let off some in areas I mean, to me it is uselss, some people find it 'fun' hmm ok, i think its dangerous since i see alot of kids with them. I also think its a waste of money in my own opinion.

Woodrow
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I think the whole thing is the reason they are used.

Here in the US they have been long outlawed in many States. Texas is one of the few states that still allows them. they can only be used For Christmas (old Mexican tradition) New Years Eve, July 4th (US independence day) and May 5 (Mexican Independance day) I personaly am opposed to their use on Christmas as I feel that is an infringement of Religious rights as a person can not escape from the noise.

The remainding days for them, they become more like Childrens toys and of little symbolic meaning to most people.

Keep in mind fireworks for private use and not public display are not very large here and do not present much danger to anyone.

Kittygyal
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Assalamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
Fireworks are forbidden in Islam because it's another celebration like you can't celebrate Christmas, B'day, Halooween && you can't celebrate Bonfire Night because it's forbidden!
do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah!
walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
okay i mean is it islamically appropriate?

Kittygyal
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
okay i mean is it islamically appropriate?
Assalamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
Nope it isn't

i need to go now inshallah someone else can elaborate on this matter with refference inshallah or myself when i come online tommorrow will inshallah :)
do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah!
walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

amirah_87
11-07-2006, 08:26 PM
As salaamu ALaykum,

Fireworks are forbidden in Islam because it's another celebration like you can't celebrate Christmas, B'day, Halooween && you can't celebrate Bonfire Night because it's forbidden!
Hmmm.. I don't think they're Forbidden in Islam and Allah knows best!!

If you say that Fireworks are Forbidden because it's used in the Kuffar's celebrations and all, won't the same go for Balloons? :?

Allaahu A'lam :peace:

LUVAR
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
i don't know but they sure are dangerous

Kittygyal
11-08-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu ALaykum,

Hmmm.. I don't think they're Forbidden in Islam and Allah knows best!!

If you say that Fireworks are Forbidden because it's used in the Kuffar's celebrations and all, won't the same go for Balloons? :?

Allaahu A'lam :peace:
Assamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

well Ukthi you tell me one thing can we celebrate "B'day's" NO peeps use baloons on special occasions such as "B'days", Parties what so not, but we all know B'days are not allowed in Islam, && for Fire works they are not allowed i mean if you mean "Bonfire" do we celebrate that:? NO! therefore why would you need fireworks i mean the Ukthi wants to know in Islam Aspect so as far as i know "Fireworks" as in bonfire is not allowed same goes for Haloween && whats so not!

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah inshallah!

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I think fireworks should be owned only by the govt and or proffesionals with licens.

Bint Abdusattar
11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
i think the fireworks are such a waste of money - money that could be used for better causes instead of burning it.

what fireworks make me think of is the life of this world - we look for glitz and bright lights and play - and then they perish - just like the life of this world!

:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-09-2006, 01:31 AM
It's just a waste of money, I used to love them when I was younger but I've kind of grown out of them now. Yes using them on 5th November means you are celebrating bonfire night which is forbiden but generally using them I doubt there is anything against it in islam, although money can be better spent IMO.

syilla
11-09-2006, 05:20 AM

yeah i agree...fireworks just 'burnt' money...

there are so many useful things you can do...other than fireworks

and it is quite dangerous....you can't be over confident when using fireworks...what happened when you are using the faulty ones...what happened if it explode while you're still holding it... :rolleyes:

fireworks are not environment friendly too...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.