/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't Let Your Colour Become a Burden

Umar001
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Assalamu aleykum Wa Rhametulahi Wa Berekatu,

Howdy!

We live at an age where colour can seem to be a problem, with media and other pressures some 'darker' skinned people might feel abit down about their colour or complex, although knowing that Islam totally abolish this, it might still be an ingrained ideology that the lighter the person the better or more beautiful, well here's something which might help that little bit more, it is about Luqman, read for yourselves:

From Tafsir Ibn Kathir:

The Salaf differed over the identity of Luqman; there are two opinions: was he a Prophet or just a righteous servant of Allah without the prophethood The majority favored the latter view, that he was a righteous servant of Allah without being a Prophet. Sufyan Ath-Thawri said, narrating from Al-Ash`ath, from `Ikrimah, from Ibn `Abbas, "Luqman was an Ethiopian slave who was a carpenter. `Abdullah bin Az-Zubayr said, "I said to Jabir bin `Abdullah: `What did you hear about Luqman' He said: `He was short with a flat nose, and came from Nubia.''' Yahya bin Sa`id Al-Ansari narrated from Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib that "Luqman was from the black peoples of (southern) Egypt, and had thick lips. Allah gave him wisdom but withheld prophethood from him.'' Al-`Awza`i said, "`Abdur-Rahman bin Harmalah told me; `A black man came to Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib to ask him a question, and Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib said to him: "Do not be upset because you are black, for among the best of people were three who were black: Bilal, Mahja` the freed slave of `Umar bin Al-Khattab, and Luqman the Wise, who was a black Nubian with thick lips.'' Ibn Jarir recorded that Khalid Ar-Raba`i said: "Luqman was an Ethiopian slave who was a carpenter.
Brothers and Sisters, do not let the social pressures or other curropt ideologies make you feel insecure in the slightest about yourself.

Your Brother, Eesa :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Subhanallah..very good post..

- Qatada -
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
:wasalamex

Masha'Allaah wkd thread! :) Bilal (radhiAllaahu anhu) the famous companion of Rasulullah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam was also black. [i might be confused about the one you just mentioned above, but Allaahu a'lam]

Also, sometimes i hear that some cultures put down white muslims, or revert brothers and sisters. I think we should try to discourage them biases too insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

Umar001
11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Also, sometimes i hear that some cultures put down white muslims, or revert brothers and sisters. I think we should try to discourage them biases too insha'Allaah.
For sure, I mean, I actually like seeing white brothers, it kinda makes it feel more multicultural, plus it can be an advantage in the sense that you get the odd people shouting racist abuse, 'get back to your country Muslims' or 'Muslims get out of the uk'

But when you got a British muslim, lol those shouts would seem EVEN MORE redicolous lol.

And yes Bilal was mentioned, may Allah be pleased with him. You gotta love Bilal, he was so nice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
good post

Hijrah
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
http://salafimanhaj.com/pdf/DefiningLegends.pdf

^^I skimmed through that right there, and it looks very good

I never knew that Zaid(RAA), Musa(AS) and Hajar(AS) were black..wow

Pk_#2
11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

nice one :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.