/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will people in jannah look like

LUVAR
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
:sl: does anyone know with evidence what people in jannat would look like? I heard that they would be as tall as the minerate (60 cubits tall) is that true?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
i heard that they will resemble propthet Adam peace be upon him in height and looks:)

wasalaam

learningislam
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
:salamext:
they would be as tall as the minerate (60 cubits tall) is that true?
sis luvar.... thats mentioned in a hadith....
By the way, there is a similar thread.....

:wasalamex

learningislam
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM

sis luvar , this thread...might help u.inshaAllah
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...de-jannah.html

Volume 008, Book 074, Hadith Number 246.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam in his complete shape and form (directly), sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and form of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."

Based On the information given in this hadith, I did some calculations, have a look at it.
As we already know that,
1 meter = 100 centimeter
12 inches = 1 feet
12 inches = 30 centimeter
-------------------------------------
as 1 m = 100 cm
30 m =30x 100=3000 cm
as 30 cm =12 inches
1 cm = 12/30 inches
3000 cm = 12/30x3000=1200 inches
as 12 inches =1 foot
1 inch = 1/12 foot
1200 inches= 1/12x1200= 100 feet

well, 100 feet tall………so that means everybody in Jannah will be quite tall, ………I didn’t know that before.

(I hope I did the calculations right.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-08-2006, 03:07 PM
No old people in paradise, all the same age too. well all of us that is

learningislam
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
i read this in a thread here.....sometime back. I have read abt the height.......as well as the age .....thats true.....but what about the other things mentioned. Is it true?

Qualities of People of Jannah

* In Jannah, height of every Mo 'min, will be equal to the
height of Hazrat Adam Alaihissalaam =3D=3D 60 arms (90 feet).

* Beauty will be like that of Hazrat Yousuf Alaihissalaam

* Age of youth will be like that of Hazrat Esa Alaihissalaam
(30-33 years).

* Sweetness of voice will be like that of Hazrat Dawud
Alaihissalaam.

* Tolerance will be like that of Hazrat Yaqoob Alaihissalaam

* Patience will be like that of Hazrat Ayyub Alaihissalaam.

* Habits will be like that of Sayyaduna Muhammad Sallalahu
alaihi wasallam

Umar001
11-08-2006, 03:45 PM
It sounds as thought they just took all the qualities the different prophets are well known for, peace be upon them.

I have read that people will be the age of 33 I think, but never have I heard it was something to do with Eesa

- Qatada -
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM

I havn't read anything on that either.. i think you should ask for a source from the person insha'Allaah.

Curaezipirid
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Its against Shari'ah to try to find out what we will look like silly!

True we'll be BIG! Also well mannered.

learningislam
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM

sis curaezipirid......see, its mentioned in the HAdith, that those who will enter jannah will be having the height of Prophet Adam (peace be upon him)...

seeker_of_ilm
11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
:sl:

From Umar S. Al-Ashqars book Paradise and Hell:

The people of paradise will enter Paradise in the most perfect and beautiful form, in the image of their father Adam (as), for there is no human form more perfect and beautiful then that of Adam, whom Allah (swt) created very tall. He was as tall as a great palm tree, sixty cubits tall. Muslim reported from Abu Hurayrah (ra) that the messenger of Allah said:

"Allah may he be Glorified and Exalted, created Adam in his own image, sixty cubits tall... everyone who enters paradise will be in the image of Adam, sixty cubits tall. People kept getting shorter and shorter after the time of Adam."

Their external appearance will be in harmony, and their hearts will be as one. Their hearts and souls will be clean and pure. Muslim reported from Abu Hurayrah a hadith in which the Prophet (saw) described people entering paradise, including a group whose light will be like the full moon. He (saw) said:

"Their form will be that of a single person, after the image of their father Adam, sixty Cubits tall"

Another aspect of their beauty is that they will have no body hair, and will look as if their eyes are annointed with kohl. Each of them will enter paradise aged thirty-three, the age of strength, vitality, and youth. Ahmad and Tirmidhi reported from Mu'aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

"The people of paradise will enter Paradise hairless, looking as if their eyes are ringed with kohl, aged thirty-three"

As reported in the hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, the people of paradise,

"Will not spit, blow their noses or excrete"

The people of Paradise will not sleep, Jaabir ibn 'Abdullah and 'Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa reported that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

"Sleep is the brother of death; the people of paradise will not sleep"

LUVAR
11-10-2006, 02:01 PM
:) mashaAllah may Allah make us one of them ameen.:happy:

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
already it is the case that some few of us are in our self, that part we are made of in finer density matter than physical, already like Adam in size and stature: eventually may we all grow that big again, (like the Titans etc)
... but still there are other persons, most persons, whom are in their Human form, only that size of that physical body carrying their breath. Yet even such persons are quite as large, but just not yet assembled correctly into one complete whole Human self. Maybe they are many different sorts of person, and some bits like other things of life which we identify with. All together, is the size of all those parts of the world which you identify with as big as Adam, or bigger? or smaller? I can feel if I go up in a high rise building, because I get to that elevation at which I was born, and the feet of my self are there. So when I am at a higher altitude I feel enormous, all in one big Human form.

One way to begin to concentrate your self into that true self which will be your self essence that coats you through into Jannah, . . . is to think to the need to forgive all kafir whom you might have become responsible for the lives and environment of. When you are who will accept being accountible for an aspect of the over population of Earth - that aspect which is in accord with your own Soul cause - then you can work to ensure that that aspect of the livelihood of many persons, is proportionally of your true future self, only it is still now in splinters. (Like that Monkey character in the Chinese mythology, with all his little monkeys)

Umar001
12-06-2006, 10:28 AM
* Tolerance will be like that of Hazrat Yaqoob Alaihissalaam

Why we gonna need tolerance when there will be no injustice?

FBI
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Why we gonna need tolerance when there will be no injustice?
maybe for shaytaan, some might want to nuke the guy :D

Re.TiReD
12-06-2006, 01:19 PM
urgghhh :heated: there's this hadeeth, cant remember it now! but it just says that we can look like whoever we would like to.....:hiding: wish I could remember it.....:grumbling :w:

- Qatada -
12-06-2006, 01:31 PM

Ali (may Allah Almighty be pleased with him) narrates that RasullAllah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said,

"Indeed, there will be a market-place in Jannat where buying and selling will not take place, but there will be outer appearances of men and women. When a person desires a outer appearance, he will immediately take the form of that appearance [temporarily]."

[Narrated in Tirmidhi]

Re.TiReD
12-06-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah thats the one....JZK bro!

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 07:01 PM
that it is hardest of retributions to always get what you desire

as for tolerance, well, it is simply that we may need to learn, between here and there, to become better able to tolerate our own true nature

sudais1
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LUVAR
:sl: does anyone know with evidence what people in jannat would look like? I heard that they would be as tall as the minerate (60 cubits tall) is that true?:?
that would be cool, i wanna be the minerat in morroco, the tallest:D :D

Maarya
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SelflessSoul*
urgghhh :heated: there's this hadeeth, cant remember it now! but it just says that we can look like whoever we would like to.....:hiding: wish I could remember it.....:grumbling :w:

yh, i've heard that one aswell, bt i cant remember all of it. my grandma told me a few years back.

:w:

M2A^AKIB^
01-04-2007, 01:46 AM
i thought we all would be somewhere around 20 years old in Jannah.

reading threads like this makes me want to forget about this world. seriousely!

As Salamualaikum

May Allah Grant Us All The Blessings Of Jannah!

FBI
01-04-2007, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
i thought we all would be somewhere around 20 years old in Jannah.

reading threads like this makes me want to forget about this world. seriousely!

As Salamualaikum

May Allah Grant Us All The Blessings Of Jannah!

It's 33 Bro, I wanna have a unique look inshallah now the hard part is getting there.

Camomilla
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Can somebody tell me what does kohl mean???
Wassalaam

Malaikah
02-11-2007, 11:37 AM

kohl is a type of eye liner made out of antimony (a metal). It is natural type, unlike other types.

Camomilla
02-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I wonder...
can people in Jannah choose the eye colour they want?
Well Allah(Subhana wata'ala) knows best!

Thanx Malaikah for telling me!
Jazakallah khair!
=), =)!

Camomilla
02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
and Masha Allah!
I went to your user page and listened to the Quran, It's very beautiful..
I really had tears in my eyes!
Wassalaam sister!

hibah786
03-17-2007, 08:08 AM
May Allah grant us good in this dunya and good and the hearafter and protect us all from the torment of hell. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.