/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Worry and Relief

Umar001
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
assalamu ALeykum,

You know, I dont know how strange this is going to sound, but here it goes,

I know am not a terrorist, I dont advocate violence, nor do I think 9/11 was right, I am not at war with anyone, and I do not support the killing of women and kids and innocent men.

But for a while now, I've been a revert, and I find myself mentally preparing in case I end up being detained, or any of the likes.

I used to be scared, I mean who wouldn't, I'm abit of a woos,lol, so I do worry alot and I hate people having control over me, as in, like me not being able to leave a place or being tied up, it would drive me nuts if that happend.

But as time has been passing, I've been listening to the lectures brought by Bro Fi_Sabilillah lol ;) and hearing about Imam Ahmad, listening to other speakers, its made me realise, yes I could be detained and I could be tortured but Alhamdulilah, I do worry and it does scare me, but when you hear lectures and really think about it, its simple, noone can move an inch without it being allowed by Allah, noone, if the Prophet peace be upon him had lied about Allah he would have been siezed immidietly, so I mean Im more calm now days, I do worry, but I do remember what ever happens Alhamdulilah, noone can harm me after death except Allah.

Anyhow, any brother or sister gone through the same? going right now through the same? or anything?

Eesa. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
11-08-2006, 02:54 PM
mashallah bro thats soo true.
i had the same probplem but then i've realised that whatever happens to me is only bcoz of qadr of Allah n none can harm except Him. Alhamdulilaah:)

wasalaam

Snowflake
11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
No bro I don't feel afraid. When I go out I tell myself that nothing can harm me because Allah is protecting me. This expels any fear that may arise. I feel secure and brave. Put your trust in Allah and don't fear. Because that's all it is - fear.

Abdul Fattah
11-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Trust in Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Either he will protect you or he will put you trough a test and reward you if you succeed inshaAllah. So Follow the right path and whatever happens you'll end up in a win-win situation inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-08-2006, 10:24 PM
:salamext:

That's the exact same lecture i felt better with alhamdulillah. Profiles of Courage : Story of Imam Ahmed - Safi Khan

He narrated a hadith, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

The worst thing that can be in a man is greedy impatience and unrestrained cowardice. (Abu Dawud)

I realised that worrying won't do any good, and i remembered that dua' can change your destiny, so i should keep praying to Allaah Almighty to remove the evils in my and all the muslims destinies, in this world and the hereafter.

I also realised that in another hadith the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"There is no Muslim on the face of the earth that asks Allah for anything except that Allah gives it to him, or averts from him a similar evil, as long as he does not ask for something evil or for breaking the ties of kinship" (Al-Tirmidhi).

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ghlight=du%27a

Therefore i felt secure that as long as i keep praying to Allaah Almighty to protect me from any evil, however - if it came to me - Allaah Almighty did listen to my prayer insha'Allaah, and this situation was for a really good reason. I also realised that because Allaah Almighty had chosen this to take place out of His Eternal Wisdom, another similar evil had been removed from my destiny. insha'Allaah.

Allaah wouldn't overburden me with something i can't bear, whereas that other evil may have made me give up.. atleast i don't have two calamities chasing after me now insha'Allaah.

Imaam Ahmad feared getting whipped the most (you can find out more by listening to the lecture insha'Allaah.) He kept his faith in Allaah, and a person may have been shocked that Allaah Almighty didn't listen to his dua', but Allaah azawajal did - the difference was that Allaah Almighty knew what the future was, yet we as the creation are ignorant of the Wisdom of Allaah Almighty.

Imaam Ahmad was patient, and kept his trust in Allaah.. he knew that Allaah wouldn't forsake him because the only reason Imam Ahmad went through this is for Allaah Almighty's sake. Similarly, if we get picked on by any regime - we only going through it for Allaah Almighty's sake. And the trials of this world are much less severe than the punishment of the hereafter, and that punishment is much more severer and longer.

The trial of this world is only temporary, whereas the punishment of the hereafter is forever. Don't you see how Allaah Almighty raised the status of Imam Ahmad (in this world and the hereafter), yet he probably wouldn't be known by us if it wasn't for the fitnah that he faced within his lifetime.

We will die, and the oppressors too will die. Then we will be raised back again, and Allaah will judge between us and He is the Most Just.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) used to pray:

“Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-hamm wa’l-hazn wa’l-‘ajz wa’l-kasal wa’l-bukhl wa’l-jubn wa dala’ al-dayn wa ghalbat al-rijaal (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from distress, grief, incapacity, laziness, miserliness, cowardice, the burden of debt and from being overpowered by men).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6008.

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said that

One amongst the denizens of Hell who had led a life of ease and plenty amongst the people of the world would be made to dip in Fire only once on the Day of Resurrection and then it would be said to him:

O, son of Adam, did you find any comfort, did you happen to get any material blessing? He would say: By Allah, no, my Lord.

And then that person from amongst the persons of the world be brought who had led the most miserable life (in the world) from amongst the inmates of Paradise. and he would be made to dip once in Paradise and it would be said to him. 0, son of Adam, did you face, any hardship? Or had any distress fallen to your lot? And he would say: By Allah, no, 0 my Lord, never did I face any hardship or experience any distress.

Sahih Muslim Book 039, Number 6738.

Allaah Almighty know's best.

DigitalStorm82
11-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I feel something similar but not quite exactly what you feel...

Anytime someone brings up the subject of terrorism I feel like Im guilty or something... as if it was directed towards me. I know I'm not, and I know Islam doesn't teach such a thing... but whenever someone brings it up I feel that way...

But feeling that way hasn't stoped me from telling everyone I come across I'm a muslim... and I'm a practicing muslim... having conveyed your beliefs usually makes things so much easier for me... at the same time opens room for dawah.

Plus, it allows me to explain the Islamic standpoint on the terrorism subject as well... so it educates them even if they do not accept Islam.

But I guess what I'm trying to say is... don't be afraid... like you said.. no one can hurt you if Allah doesn't will it to be... and don't be afraid of being who you are... A muslim :)

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Umar001
11-08-2006, 11:43 PM
thank yall for your opinions, and different views, i have gained alot from this thread, and i dont mean rep marks lol :p

Brother Fi_Sabilillah, thats one of the lectures,

I like it when Imam Ahmad is worried about being whipped and the man tells him that it wont hurt after the first or second ro something,

Woodrow
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
If we took the time to worry about the things that can happen, we would have little time left to even think of Allah(swt)

We can be struck by Lightening.
We can fall victim to a catastrophic illness.
We can die in an Automobile accident.
We can die from old age.
We can be tortured and murdered by a serial killer.
We can be hit by a meteor.
we can die in an Earthquake.

The list is endless. But the fact is at some point we are going to die and possibly even suffer. It is not a question of will it or will it not happen it is a question of when,

The reality of it is, we have no control over it. Allah(swt) knows what He is doing. He has been running this universe for a long time, He is well expeienced. So, relax, leave Allah's(swt) job to Allah(swt).

InToTheRain
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
:sl:

I too used to think like this, Now I think I have too much of a luxurious life and can't think of any difficulties I have faced in life... I worry about my Imaan and Taqwa... I think Allah(SWT) is not testing me as my Imaan is weak and he will not over burden me with trials and tribulations in order to raise my state as a believer worthy of greater rewards...

Like Ibn Taymiah once said, If they put me in prison they will seclude me hence giving me time for Zikr of Allah(SWT), if they exile me it will be an excursion and if they torture/Kill me they will make me a martyr, so what can they do to me?
Jannah is in the heart of the believers wherever they may be...hence they fear nothing but Allah(SWT).

glo
11-09-2006, 08:50 AM
I agree with Woodrow

It seems almost paranoid to worry about such things. :uuh:
I mean, realistically, what are the chances of getting detained and tortured for being a Muslim?

Are you statistically more likely to get run over by a bus, or break your neck falling out of bed in your sleep? :rollseyes (I don't know the answer to this ... I am only pondering)

Enjoy what God has for you, and embrace his trials and tests along the way.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." (Holy Bible)

Peace :)

Snowflake
11-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Salam,

If a friend asked us to help, guide, support us, or even take care of a possession of theirs, we'd do our utmost not to let them down. We would like it that our friend has that belief and trust in us to ask for our help.

Allah also is pleased when His servants ask Him for help. He appreciates our faith in Him and He doesn't let us down, like humans can. If after that some harm comes to us, then still Allah will compensate for it. He may clean some of our sins, or grant us a higher status in the here-after.

No guns, no weapons, no walls and no self-defence expertise can protect us more than the faith we have in Allah.

wa'alaikum aslam.

P.S. Nice Biblical quote there Glo :)

Umar001
11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Lol @ Brother Woodrow and Glo,

Yall just giving me more reasons to worry lol.

haha just kidding I know what yall meant.

Plus, before it wasnt a worry that I put on myslef, it was just a natural worry I couldnt help it, but ALhamdulilah i dont mind now, i mean what ever happens.

bint_muhammed
11-09-2006, 08:54 PM
wow, you guys are tough! lol! no i've got this problem where i cant see violence honestly, i feel really sick dats what scares me! and also as a female rape scares the hell out of me! but you guys are right trust in Allah (swt) is all you need!

Umar001
11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
wow, you guys are tough! lol! no i've got this problem where i cant see violence honestly, i feel really sick dats what scares me! and also as a female rape scares the hell out of me! but you guys are right trust in Allah (swt) is all you need!
Assalamu Aleykum,

Trust me, sis, rape scares the heck out of me too! And am male!!

But we just have to remember, they can do what ever, of course it can be scary, am not saying I aint scared when I think of the possabilities of things can could happen. But, I try to think of the end, in the end, they can do all they want, but I will die, too much pain will cause death, and when I do, I'll be 'free at last' from anyone who tortures me, and with my Lord, inshaAllah.

- Qatada -
11-09-2006, 09:33 PM
:salamext:

Just remember Ibn Taymiyya's (ra) famous saying:

What can my enemies do to me, my paradise is in my heart - it goes wherever I go, to imprison me is a khalwa (private devotion) with Allaah, to take me out of my land is my journey on the way to Allaah, and to kill me is martyrdom.

What can my enemies do to me?

Subhan Allaah..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.