/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Humphrys in Search of God

glo
11-08-2006, 10:07 PM
This is a series on BBC radio 4 at the moment:
John Humphrys as you've never heard him before - talking with religious leaders about his unfulfilled desire to believe in God.

How is faith possible in a world of suffering, much of it arguably caused by religion or religious extremism and to which God seems to turn a blind eye? Is there a place for religion in an age dominated by science?

His guests are the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams; Professor Tariq Ramadan, Muslim academic and author; and Sir Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi.
You can follow this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/progra...rchofgod.shtml
to listen to Rowan Williams on the Christian, and Tariq Ramadan on the Islamic perspective. The interview with Jonathan Sacks on Judaism is broadcast on 14/11 ...

I have listened to parts of the first two interviews and found the interview style respectful and reasoned, the questions tough! :D

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
11-08-2006, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This is a series on BBC radio 4 at the moment:

You can follow this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/progra...rchofgod.shtml
to listen to Rowan Williams on the Christian, and Tariq Ramadan on the Islamic perspective. The interview with Jonathan Sacks on Judaism is broadcast on 14/11 ...

I have listened to parts of the first two interviews and found the interview style respectful and reasoned, the questions tough! :D

Peace
Interesting, I will listen to it.
Thank's for the Link.

What about other religions?

glo
11-09-2006, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Interesting, I will listen to it.
Thank's for the Link.

What about other religions?
This programme only covers the three monotheistic religions.

You may or may not know that John Humphreys is a well-known reporter in Britain. He grew up in the Christian faith.
He says that somewhere along his career as reporter, and having witnessed and reported on so many actrocities, he wondered how God could allow such things to happen - which ultimately led him to stop believing that God existed.

In a way this programme is a challenge for the three representatives to convince John that God is real.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.