/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yearbooks

Nazia_hk
11-09-2006, 05:54 AM
I went behid my parents back and wore ankle high socks to school with knee length skirts when I was 16/17. Now I have pictures in the yearbook in that state. Am 21 now and have seriously repented recently. But the then the tought of those yearbooks came to mind. It drains the energy out of me. Am in the state of hopelesseness as I might not be able to erase my pictures from hundreds of yearbooks that are were given to all students of highschool.

Please advice, what I should do? And if anyone else have encountered such a problem so share here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-09-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nazia_hk
I went behid my parents back and wore ankle high socks to school with knee length skirts when I was 16/17. Now I have pictures in the yearbook in that state. Am 21 now and have seriously repented recently. But the then the tought of those yearbooks came to mind. It drains the energy out of me. Am in the state of hopelesseness as I might not be able to erase my pictures from hundreds of yearbooks that are were given to all students of highschool.

Please advice, what I should do? And if anyone else have encountered such a problem so share here.
salams sis

The main thing is that you repent and Allah doesn't burden a soul with what it simply can't do.

And i guess if you're questioned about it just say 'past is past i regret it and may Allah forgive me'.

allt he best sis.. don't lose hope over it inshaAllah. Remember some of the companions done real bad stuff durin their jahiliyyah, but once they repent its over, just do alot of good deeds to increase your balance of rewadr inshalah.
salams

Snowflake
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
MashaAllah true^

Salam Nazia sis,

It's all going to end sis. The shame, distress, humility we face in this world is temporary as long as Allah is pleased with us. You've learnt from your mistake and that's a beautiful thing. MashaAllah. :)

If anyone ever confronts you about it, put your hands up and admit you made a mistake but Allah has guided you and you have repented. Point out that no one has the right to judge you except Allah.

Just as that part of your life has passed, so will the present and the rest. My dear sis, why stress over something so temporary? Why not change your past experiences and regret into something positive. Give dawah to other sisters and help bring other muslimahs to the right path. When you see something good coming out of something negative, the feelings of regret will subside.

All that matters is what you are now and not what you were. Allah is Most Kind And Merciful and is pleased with those who repent. What else could be more important sis? Nothing.

*hugz* :)

:w:

Malaikah
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
:sl:

Lots of good advice given- all i can add is: hide all the years books from your parents!

This might help also:

Some of the scholars said that one of those who are justified in referring to al-qadar as an excuse is the one who repents from sin, so if anyone blames him for a sin from which he has repented, he may refer to al-qadar in this case.

If it is said to one who has repented: “Why did you do such and such?” and he responds by saying, “That happened by the will and decree of Allaah, but I have repented and asked forgiveness,” this excuse is acceptable in his case, because in his case the sin is like a calamity that befell him, and he did not quote al-qadar as an excuse for his negligence, rather he is referring to the calamity that befell him, which is disobedience towards Allaah. Undoubtedly sin is a kind of calamity, and he is referring to al-qadar after the sin took place, and he is admitting his sin. So no one has the right to condemn the one who has repented from sin. What matters is how a person ends up, not the shortcomings that he may commit in the beginning.

And Allaah knows best.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=49039&ln=eng

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Lots of good advice given- all i can add is: hide all the years books from your parents!
:lol: pm it 2her ncase shifty ppl get ideas from tht :D

Nazia_hk
11-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Jazak'allah. Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I was tears when I read the replies. Allah is indeed forgiving.

It all struck me when I did Aetikaf this ramadhan for 10 days. It brought me close to Allah. Each day, I started remembering my sins and cried over them. But the last few days I was devastated when I remembered about the yearbooks. I felt as if I was given a place in jannah and I myself closed the door to it. After aetikaf, I did strict purdha, started wearing an abaya. Started praying regularly. But most of all I have started to hate images and pictures. I am going to destroy the ones I have at home soon insha'allah.

What else worries me is the person I am nikafied to is very pious and religious, he thinks I am just as innocent. Thus, more guilt and shame to swallow. Don't know if I should tell him.

Why I've written all this is so that anyone reading this may learn from my mistake. There is always a reason to why Allah s.w.t. tells us to abstain from certain things.

Nazia_hk
11-09-2006, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

This might help also:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=49039&ln=eng
Dear sister I know I have repented, did tawbah. I wish never to do any wrong anymore insha'allah. But since the pictures are still around. Does it not make it present? Allah says you should destroy them all. But it doing so I may bring shame and bad name to my family while they are unaware of it at the moment. It may get the word out. Oh, I don't know... the thought that people are looking at those pictures just kills me inside. It's not past, is it?

Is there a wazifah I could do? May Allah guide us all.

Snowflake
11-09-2006, 05:52 PM
ermm sis, I don't know.. but maybe I could help in getting those books reprinted and your pic edited? :D

what d'ya say?

Snowflake
11-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Hellooooooooo???

S_87
11-14-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nazia_hk

What else worries me is the person I am nikafied to is very pious and religious, he thinks I am just as innocent. Thus, more guilt and shame to swallow. Don't know if I should tell him.

you dont have to tell him all your past. whats your past is your past and if you have changed you cant be judged for what you did before . it may bring bad feelings between you and since thats not you anymore, it will be unnecessary :)

Woodrow
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
The truth of the past will always exist. However, there is never any need to dwell upon it. The person we were in the past, is not always the same person we are today.

Things do not have to be brought out and a person should not inquire about another person's past life, without some very strong valid reasons. Even then the person doing the inquiring needs to always remember, what was in the past is not related to the person of today.

With that said. do not worry about it. Accept the fact that was of a person who was and does not reflect on who the person is today. You are under no obligation to bring anything up. The less you think about the sooner, it all becomes forgotten history.

Snowflake
11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Nazia sis, add me on msn. I repped you my email add.

Nazia_hk
11-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Jazak'allah. AG, Muslimah, Cheese, Amani and Woodro, may Allah bless you all and give you reward for guiding me. I was too upset to find comfort in your words previously, but am now starting to understand. Jazak'allah once again.

Nazia_hk
11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Nazia sis, add me on msn. I repped you my email add.
Would love to have someone to talk to. Muslimah, I don't have your e-mail add though... and neither do I have PM privilege to send you mine.

Snowflake
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
check ur reps sis.. I gave u my email add in one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!