Bittersteel
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM
People's Republic of Bangladesh

Total population-148 million

Islam-88%
Hindiusm-about 10.5 %
Others-1.5%
GDP(PPP)-$305 Billion(2005)

we are really dependant on the west.The EU heavily meddles in our affairs.Nothing surprising.Our major exports partners include the US and the EU.
I have been seeing pics of Europeans talking with our national leaders every day in the newspaper.I hate it.I hate people from other nations interfering in our politics.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Asia/B...esh/chris.html
^if we are not careful,Bangladesh will be a Christian country within the next 50 years,and that I consider as a threat like it or not.

Bangladesh is among one of the secular Muslim countries in the world where you get branded as a traitor if you are an Islamist(which really pleases the Indians).
then there's AL(Awami League).They work with foreign spy networks.They help foreign spies.so does BNP(Bangladesh Nationalist Party).But they don't sell us out as much as AL does in my opinion.

AL I hate becuz its not progressive.It hates Pakistan ,atleast its President(sheikh Hasina) does.Pakistan is a major exporter of defence equipment to us and their help will be needed in our country's national defence.

AL is secular along with majority of Bangladesh's Muslims.some Muslims practically hate Islam.Its more like Turkey here.
all those Islami Chatra Shibirs are nothing but cadres used for assasinating rivals of the Jamaat-e-Islami of Bangladesh.so when they assasinate someone its termed "religious violence".

Bangladesh is a really secular society.That's why the Europeans are so pleased with us.People are religious,yet liberal.There's interfaith marriages,celebrating Valentine's Day,this and that.There's no strong nationalism in Bangladeshis.
Christian evangelists are free to force their religion on Muslim students in Christian schools(go to the link above).Bangladesh have around 40,000 Christian NGOs and organisations which are constantly working to convert Muslims to Christians.

About the recent political violence go here-http://www.bangladesh-web.com/

I ask to God sometimes,why of all the countries in the world I have to be born into this country.It would have been better somewhat if I was an Arab or Pakistani.
still I love my country and I don't want to leave it.Hence there the problem.
I got no one to blame besides the Bangladeshi politicians.Our corruption is our greatest weakness along with political infighting.

BTW,we have some feminist laws.If a man commits adultery he goes to jail,straight.If a women commits adultery she won't be jailed because she is a ...woman.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al Amaanah
11-09-2006, 05:18 PM
BTW, we have some feminist laws.If a man commits adultery he goes to jail,straight.If a women commits adultery she won't be jailed because she is a ...woman.
Lol quite sad. If you did the same bad thing as the man and he goes to jail then the woman should too.

:w:

Bittersteel
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
women rights violations DO happen.Thing is men's rights violations also occur.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.