/* */

PDA

View Full Version : old music cds

AnonymousPoster
11-10-2006, 08:11 AM
:salamext:

i've got heaps of cds left back from back when i used to listen to that type of trash.... n i wanted to throw them out but my parents said dont, we can give them to a charity shop instead and they can benefit from them (like by selling them n giving the money for the poor)......

is it ok to do that? because the cd's are haram? but it will most likely be bought by a non-muslim anyway n its not like they dont listen to music.. but then what if a muslim buys them? wont that be kinda like my fault?

i dont know.. should i trash them or give them to charity? (at a charity shop they could sell for like 100-150 dollars all together)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-10-2006, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

i've got heaps of cds left back from back when i used to listen to that type of trash.... n i wanted to throw them out but my parents said dont, we can give them to a charity shop instead and they can benefit from them (like by selling them n giving the money for the poor)......

is it ok to do that? because the cd's are haram? but it will most likely be bought by a non-muslim anyway n its not like they dont listen to music.. but then what if a muslim buys them? wont that be kinda like my fault?

i dont know.. should i trash them or give them to charity? (at a charity shop they could sell for like 100-150 dollars all together)
salams bro/sis

throw em out inshalah, one of conditions of charity is that it should be from halal revenue.

And even though non Muslims listen to it, but we should prevent them from doing it whenever we can, just like drugs, even tho druggees would buy it anyway, Islam forbids harming others even if they're kafirs so we can't make money out of haram means to use in other "good causes".

Take care, congrats for quitting music.
all the best
salams

anonymous
11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
salams bro/sis

throw em out inshalah, one of conditions of charity is that it should be from halal revenue.

And even though non Muslims listen to it, but we should prevent them from doing it whenever we can, just like drugs, even tho druggees would buy it anyway, Islam forbids harming others even if they're kafirs so we can't make money out of haram means to use in other "good causes".

Take care, congrats for quitting music.
all the best
salams
ps: the harm from music is the filthy ideas it installs in the listeners minds, so we should prevent people as much as we can, even though they can get their hadns on it via other means, we don't want to be the cause of the problem!

:)
salams

Umar001
11-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I read a fatwa about this on islam q and a, that a man was gonan sell instruments or something that were more than likely to be used for haram, or was it a man selling tapes, well there were two fatwas lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
11-10-2006, 10:26 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

if you had a collection of wines and you started practicing would you pour them down the drain or sell them for charity?

you would destroy them of-course, i personally found it lots of fun to take a hammer to my cd collection after i reverted to islam but be careful of those flying pits of plastic that come off at speed!

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Snowflake
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
^lol

It's tempting to sell haram stuff when you think of think of all the money you've spent on it, but that's only spreading more haraam.

True charity isn't giving away what we don't no longer need, but giving away something by sacrificing our needs. Giving something that you'd bin, for the sake of Allah suggests we think giving away rubbish for the sake of Allah is a good deed. Not!

wa alaikum aslam.

Pk_#2
11-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Trash em :)

- Qatada -
11-10-2006, 01:34 PM

If you give up something to please Allaah, Allaah will replace you with something better insha'Allaah. :)

Hijaabi22
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Most Likely Theyll Just Be Copies Anyways Lol Pweez Dont Tell Me You wasted Ya Money On These Cds, Jus Trash Em

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Jus Trash Em

done :)

mohammed farah
11-11-2006, 02:55 AM
well done. lol

Woodrow
11-11-2006, 04:48 AM
I got here too late. Old CD's can be recyled. With a small hole drilled in them and hung with a length of fishing line they make excellent bird chasers for farmers to hang in fruit trees. They rattle easily in the slightest breeze and the bright moving reflection of sunlight scares the birds off. Around farms they are very usefull. They can be laid on the ground and small plants can be planted in the hole and will be weed free, works very well with tomatos. They also make good electric fence insulators.

I found these other uses on a Google search and can't resist posting them:

How about roofing tiles for doll houses?
Flat frisbees?
Sequins for the dress of a very large woman.
Adult-sized Tiddly Winks.
Paul Bunyan's monocle.
Camel hubcaps (they fit onto the knees).
Highway reflectors

anonymous
11-11-2006, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I got here too late. Old CD's can be recyled. With a small hole drilled in them and hung with a length of fishing line they make excellent bird chasers for farmers to hang in fruit trees. They rattle easily in the slightest breeze and the bright moving reflection of sunlight scares the birds off. Around farms they are very usefull. They can be laid on the ground and small plants can be planted in the hole and will be weed free, works very well with tomatos. They also make good electric fence insulators.

I found these other uses on a Google search and can't resist posting them:

How about roofing tiles for doll houses?
Flat frisbees?
Sequins for the dress of a very large woman.
Adult-sized Tiddly Winks.
Paul Bunyan's monocle.
Camel hubcaps (they fit onto the knees).
Highway reflectors
lol! das wat we do in our backyard :giggling:

but in other suburbs it seems 2 attract birds n maggies! :offended:

salamz

Woodrow
11-11-2006, 04:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
lol! das wat we do in our backyard :giggling:

salamz

Some birds have haram practices I guess.

anonymous
11-11-2006, 04:54 AM

Some birds have haram practices I guess.
lol :uuh:

Tania
11-11-2006, 04:56 AM
You could give them to a non muslim friend - or colleague at work. He can listen music. Soon will be Christmas, so he will really think you are cool, giving him a gift:)

anonymous
11-11-2006, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
You could give them to a non muslim friend - or colleague at work. He can listen music. Soon will be Christmas, so he will really think you are cool, giving him a gift:)
Heya tania, the reason why that's not a good idea is xplaine din the 2nd n 3rd post in this thread :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...tml#post557721

take care

Tania
11-11-2006, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Heya tania, the reason why that's not a good idea is xplaine din the 2nd n 3rd post in this thread :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...tml#post557721

take care
I read the posts :-[ but i found a little bit harsh to trash the collection because its music.

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I read the posts :-[ but i found a little bit harsh to trash the collection because its music.
checkout the reasons behind the illegality of it, might become a lil harsher then :D

things like... most music encourages immorality.. music itself is good at evoking desires, (i mean, can u imagine ppl jumpn up n down like crazy at a disco if there was no music on?) plus it twists ur emotions, doesnt take alot to figure that's the whole point of music.. to evoke n model emotions the way the artist wants it.

soo... islam wants us to think straight hence y it forbids such thing

take care all the best

^^ oops i meant "doin it will seem a lil LESS harsher then" LOL

Tania
11-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes you have right. It was classical music cd's or disco, from this years :?

anonymous
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM
oops sorry 4got to mention i'm not the original poster... so i hav no idea...

but whilst dance/rnb/techno is just way over emotional overdose... i think country music n that should b banned coz it sounds horrible in first place +o(

Malaikah
11-11-2006, 11:52 AM
:sl:

^LOL!

Did you mean interpreted the 'old' to mean really old music? I think the person probably meant they are cd's that he/she doesnt use anymore

Tania
11-11-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
:sl:

^LOL!

Did you mean interpreted the 'old' to mean really old music? I think the person probably meant they are cd's that he/she doesnt use anymore
I thought at symphonies or opera. :-[ I wanted to know what kind of music was in cd's

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2006, 06:29 PM
not original poster.

I thought at symphonies or opera. :-[ I wanted to know what kind of music was in cd's
Hi tania

lol incase u misunderstood my comment above.. really all sorts of music is haram regardless whether it appeals to us or not, because whilst one genre appeals to some people, other genres also appeal to others...

i know for xample symphonies and bethoven crap is classified as "uplifting" and "beautiful" by my english teacher... even tho i use to think "yuck :vomit: "

so yeh.. one thign is that Islam cuts off all doors to haram.. so it leaves no door for shaytan to make you think "check out this genre it might not twist ur emotions that much..." and then slowly get u hooked onto things that do. That's the nature of music.

take care all the best

Woodrow
11-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Because something is of great beauty, does not mean it is beneficial. For many it is difficult to understand our avoidance of music. Sadly, the beauty and joy of music is an easy tool for shaytan to use to entice us.

I can understand why a person enjoys music. I can even understand why it can be beneficial under some circumstances. The problem is, like alcohol in spite of proven benefits, the risk of harm outweighs the benefit.

To accept one form of music, opens too many doors. People's taste in all things vary, what is beautiful music to one person is trash to another. Who can draw the line as to where Beauty ends and danger begins?

Sister Hoddan
11-11-2006, 08:42 PM
assalaamu 3alaikum

Because something is of great beauty, does not mean it is beneficial. For many it is difficult to understand our avoidance of music. Sadly, the beauty and joy of music is an easy tool for shaytan to use to entice us.

I can understand why a person enjoys music. I can even understand why it can be beneficial under some circumstances. The problem is, like alcohol in spite of proven benefits, the risk of harm outweighs the benefit.

To accept one form of music, opens too many doors. People's taste in all things vary, what is beautiful music to one person is trash to another. Who can draw the line as to where Beauty ends and danger begins?
I agree.

Hijaabi22
11-11-2006, 10:23 PM

done :)
BIG UUUUUUUUUUPPPP 2 YOUUUUUUUUU MAN WISH I CUD DO DAT WID MINE

anonymous
11-11-2006, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
BIG UUUUUUUUUUPPPP 2 YOUUUUUUUUU MAN WISH I CUD DO DAT WID MINE
wats stoppn u :p cd's dont bite trust me :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.