In the Name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of that Mercy;

:salamext:

anyone recognize anything in this picture as strange, in shaa Allaah?:

Scrutinize that image and then read this, in shaa Allaah:

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Dust.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-11-2006, 04:25 PM
This has actually been discussed before. However, that thread descended into nonsense and was locked. I'll leave this thread open for a while to promote some discussion, but if it too goes crazy, I'll have to lock it.

Personally, I think it's great that there's finally a Muslim X-Man. Or X-Woman in this case. Positive representations of the Islamic faith are extremely hard to come by in Western fiction as a whole, so this character, though only realized in a comic book, is a nice start. The X-Men comics, with their emphasis on diversity and tolerance, are a very appropriate medium - even if the audience is somewhat of a niche.

Oh, also this belongs in General Chat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.