/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello all users ...!

Latey
11-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I am a christian woman who is general interested in islam and particularly now because i have a family member who has converted and are now married with a "born" muslim.

I hope to use this forum to be wiser on the muslim faith and the way of living as a muslim.

I admit to not always agree with the muslim way of thinkin, but i do always respect other peoples believes.

My first exact question is:
Is it OK for me to greet a muslim with asalamu alaikum, despite the fact that I am not a muslim ?
(I will not offend anyone, just be polite and wish them the best)

Latey

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha20
11-11-2006, 04:16 PM
:welcome: to da forums

hope u enjoy n have a nice n beneficial stay here :)

n 4 the ques.. inshaAllah someone else will answer it.. am not gud at it :X

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-11-2006, 04:18 PM
welcome sister
nice to have u here..hope u do have a beneficial stay as there are alot of knowledgable people on this forum who will be willing to help answer your questions!!!enjoy and have fun...:D:D:D

See you around..look forward to ur posts!!!:D:D:D:D

Hisbul_Aziz
11-11-2006, 04:19 PM
:welcome: to the forum

and for the question i believe u can :awesome:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amatu
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
welcome to the forum enjoy ur stay :welcome:

Skillganon
11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay.

Latey
11-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Thank U all..........

snowdropjasmine
11-11-2006, 07:40 PM
WelCome to ThE fOrUm;D

Sal3ma 7
11-12-2006, 06:07 AM
:welcome:sis..
Hope u enjoy ur stay!

lyesh
11-12-2006, 07:39 AM
hellooo.....
welcome to the forum!!!! :D

Periwinkle18
11-12-2006, 07:51 AM
welcome to the forum enjoy ur stay :)

learningislam
11-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi latey,

Welcome to the forum,
Hope you enjoy your stay here and learn too... inshaAllah (God willing)

Assalamualikum means "peace be with you".... so , if you want to use that , there is nothing wrong with it.

See your posts around

Peace.

Pk_#2
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
hii hii welcum dude

The Ruler
11-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Greetings Latey :)

:welcome: to the forums :)...hope you have a great and beneficial stay here :)

i couldn't really find anything related to that question...but i did find this on the web:

Question Because of the Holidays, Christmas, my employers are giving me gifts in the form of cash. They know that I am a Muslim. They say this is their way of thanking me for working for them. It is Permissible for me to accept this gifts? Thank you very much in advance for your prompt response.
AnswerThere is no harm in receiving gifts. It is their holiday and they are recognizing your services in them giving gifts at this time. You can also give them gifts at 'Eid time.

Muslims are allowed to receive gifts from non-Muslims and also to give them gifts. The Prophet (SAAWS) received many gifts from non-Muslims and he used to give them gifts as well as he used to show his kindness to them.

if we are allowed to recieve gifts from them i think it is alright for you to say salam to us :)

:w:

LUVAR
11-12-2006, 02:55 PM
welcome to the forum:)

Latey
11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Thank you Glacier for the answer - and to the rest of you for the welcome...

Younus
11-13-2006, 06:50 AM
:welcome: to LI forum

visit this forum frequently and stay active, as you will enjoy your stay here and learn more and more about Islam, insha'Allah :)

Yasmine018
11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
:welcome:
may u have a long, longer, longest stay here
ameen

Umm Yoosuf
11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I hope you benefit from your stay. Feel free to ask questions and visit these setions for more info on Islam:

Discover Islam
Comparative Religion
Basics Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.