/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As a new muslim....

Snowflake
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
:sl:

Alhumdullilah you are a part of the Ummah now, but I'm interested to know if you've faced any difficulties after reverting?

I'd appreciate it if you can answer the following questions. Be honest.

1. Do you feel a part of the muslim community, or do you feel isolated?

2. Did you receive enough help from fellow muslims or could they have done more and in what way?

3. Have you faced any difficulties regarding marriage. Please state how?

4. Is there anything you feel other muslims need to be aware concerning your needs? And what more can be done to help?

JazakAllah khair. You do not have answer them all but any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
11-11-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

Alhumdullilah you are a part of the Ummah now, but I'm interested to know if you've faced any difficulties after reverting?
Alhamdulillah :wub:

Isolated, its hard for new muslims to meet new people and actually become close to them. Its easy to meet people and become acquainted with them but its rarely anything more than that.

2. Did you receive enough help from fellow muslims or could they have done more and in what way?
No i didn't recieve any help. There should be classes and programs for new muslims that are at a suitable time and place, if not they should offer to teach them all the basics etc.

As a new muslim and a female, there are people that try to take advantage of that :offended:

4. Is there anything you feel other muslims need to be aware concerning your needs? And what more can be done to help?
Usually new muslims are already feeling isolated in their own home because they have just accepted something that is, in most cases not accepted by their family. So they are looking for some sort of acceptance..
So if you see a new muslim, be friendly to them. Invite them out with you and your friends, offer your help.. etc
I'm sure they would be more than appreciative.

:salamext:

Snowflake
11-11-2006, 05:46 PM
JazakAllah khair sis for replying. Your post helped me understand a lot. It's sad to know new muslims have to face the difficulties you mentioned. And I agree, a lot more needs to be done. May Allah bless you. :wub:

InshaAllah I am going to raise these issues in local mosques. I hope others can do the same where they live.

wa'alaikum aslam :)

Woodrow
11-11-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

I'd appreciate it if you can answer the following questions. Be honest.

JazakAllah khair. You do not have answer them all but any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.

:w:
I believe those questions will be answered different for different age groups. At my age and have long been out of any social circles. There was no problems and very little change in any life choices.

I feel very much a part of it. I have developed 2 very strong friendships with 2 gentleman about my age and they both have very strong Imam. Their occasional visits are more than enough for me to never feel isolated. One minute of quality conversation with a good friend is worth more than all idle socialization combined.

I find the whole community to be very helpfull. I have no need to worry about any needs. Most of the people I know, are aware I can no longer drive, Many have made themsleves available to take me places I need to go.

No problems

The people I know have done a better job at anticipating my needs than I have. No problems.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Salam Woodrow Br
Alhumdullillah. I'm happy to hear you've had nothing but positive experiences since reverting. I can only hope there are others who've been as lucky as you.

JazakAllah khair for taking the time to reply.

wa'alaikum aslam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.