/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian extremism

thirdwatch512
11-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey you guys.

now ok, now i'm a very very devout christian, and one thing i've been noticing is a major rise in christian extremism.. like today i was listening to christian rap and it said "we've gotta battle, if they [muslims] try to wage war against us" and it's like whoa, are christians starting another crusaiders? lol, and not only that, but they have that movie called "Jesus Camp" which is REALLY crazy. and fred phelps, at funerals, has signs like "thank god for dead f*gs" or "thank god for dead muslims" and it's crazy!

as a christian, i feel embarassed by these christian extremists.

anyways, but i guess my question is.. are any of you guys noticing a rise in christian fundementalists, or is it just me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Sadly, this is something that has been very evident to Muslims for a long time. Because we have been hit by it often.

The good part what I see happening, is not so much of a new increase, but there is starting to be an awareness of True Christians that there are extremists in their midsts. That type of extremism is not a part of any religious teaching, it is the irrational emotionalism of some people who are too lazy to see the truth.

I believe I can speak for many Muslims when I say we know those actions do not reflect the thoughts of all Christians.

Hijrah
11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
Hey you guys.

now ok, now i'm a very very devout christian, and one thing i've been noticing is a major rise in christian extremism.. like today i was listening to christian rap and it said "we've gotta battle, if they [muslims] try to wage war against us" and it's like whoa, are christians starting another crusaiders? lol, and not only that, but they have that movie called "Jesus Camp" which is REALLY crazy. and fred phelps, at funerals, has signs like "thank god for dead f*gs" or "thank god for dead muslims" and it's crazy!

anyways, but i guess my question is.. are any of you guys noticing a rise in christian fundementalists, or is it just me?

I SAW THAT! They were like invoking Bush or soemthing like that...pretty scary!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-11-2006, 08:47 PM
i saw this programe, cant remember what its called. these christian extremist they get influenced by these preachers in churches, they force them to accept Jesus and to kill anyone who doesnt accept Jesus as the Son of God. i woz like :-\

and at da end it said, deyv declared war on Islam. which got me a little worried. :rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister Hoddan
11-11-2006, 08:53 PM
assalaamu 3alaikum,

Christian extremism has existed for a pretty long time but it just hasn`t been much focused at. What happened to "turn the other cheek"?

Grace Seeker
11-11-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
i saw this programe, cant remember what its called. these christian extremist they get influenced by these preachers in churches, they force them to accept Jesus and to kill anyone who doesnt accept Jesus as the Son of God. i woz like :-\

and at da end it said, deyv declared war on Islam. which got me a little worried. :rollseyes

It's sad that people like this do show up from time to time. Their views are worse than absurb, for declaring war on anyone is absolutely antithetical to Christianity. Unfortunately, not all people who take the name Christians behave like Christians and history is full of way to many examples. I just ask that you not judge Christianity by its least true followers, nor any of its followers, but rather by the one they are supposed to be trying to follow. And I'll do the same for Islam. (And yes, I do understand that Islam follows Allah, not Muhammed-pbuh.)

united
11-11-2006, 08:59 PM
i think they are called end timers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_times

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-11-2006, 09:00 PM
i dont generalise. coz i kno how dat feel with people generalisin us as terrorists!

Umar001
11-11-2006, 09:03 PM
This is hillarious

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-11-2006, 09:08 PM
is it? ^ how exactly?

Keltoi
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't mean to trivialize the scope of this Christian "extremism", but placed side by side with Islamic extremists I fail to sense the outrage. Yes, I've noticed small groups of Christian radicals, especially the church in Kansas that protests at the funerals of U.S. soldiers because the military allows homosexuals to serve. I don't listen to normal rap, much less Christian rap, so I can't comment on that.

Latey
11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I have not noticed increasing in extremity in my christian surroundings, but I have heard the bigger and bigger lack of understanding for the muslims way of demonstrating in the world.

I am from Denmark and have been, and are, scared for me and my love ones life, if they travel outside our little country, especially if the country is primary muslim. I do not understand why I have to fear for my life, because a few people do something really stupid.
I do not understand why some people, who are not in any way whatsoever involved in harming muslims, should be threatened on their lives.

I have heard direct threads and general threads directed towards places that I could come as a tourist

Umar001
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
is it? ^ how exactly?
"we've gotta battle, if they [muslims] try to wage war against us" "thank god for dead f*gs" "thank god for dead muslims"
If I ever heard a Christian say the above things I would not be able but to help laugh in his/her face.

Its totally hillarious.

Latey
11-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I am glad that there are some people who react that way - there are no other way to react.

It is out of this world to say that about a group of people, it is darn right just not suitible to be happy over dead people.

Umar001
11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latey
I am glad that there are some people who react that way - there are no other way to react.

It is out of this world to say that about a group of people, it is darn right just not suitible to be happy over dead people.
Im totally confused by your post,

"glad that there are some people who react that way -" Erm, what way?

and the rest, am confused.

Latey
11-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I was refferring to your statement about laughing in the face of people who are glad for dead muslims - I think there is no other way to react than to laugh at them.

It is out of this world to say "thank god for dead muslims" like the above statement made by the christian rappers.

Hope it gives more sense now ?
(I do not have english as my first lanquage, maybe therefor I am hard to understand)

Umar001
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latey
I was refferring to your statement about laughing in the face of people who are glad for dead muslims - I think there is no other way to react than to laugh at them.

It is out of this world to say "thank god for dead muslims" like the above statement made by the christian rappers.

Hope it gives more sense now ?
(I do not have english as my first lanquage, maybe therefor I am hard to understand)
Oh ok, I kinda had the idea of wht you meant but I didn't want to assume. :)

And you speak very well, better or just as well as alot of us whose first language might be english!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-12-2006, 11:27 PM
OH I saw of the Jesus Camp thing...it was a bit worrying =\ I think I saw it on the John Stewart show lol.

GARY
11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
And you speak very well, better or just as well as alot of us whose first language might be english!
I understand him better than those that use internet gibberish.

U n0 caz wed b unstud btr b4 win peeps tlkd lk tis m8 c1 u c? cuz m8ks peeps l00k smrt 4 reel.

Umar001
11-12-2006, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
I understand him better than those that use internet gibberish.

U n0 caz wed b unstud btr b4 win peeps tlkd lk tis m8 c1 u c? cuz m8ks peeps l00k smrt 4 reel.
It's a him, I thought it was a Female?

And Lol there was a whole discussion on whether such language should be used on this forum :p

GARY
11-13-2006, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
It's a him, I thought it was a Female?
Oops, my mistake. Sorry Latey, I didn't even look at the gender.

cihad
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
it just goes to show that some people just get driven in the wrong direction
no matter what their creed is

face it -there are idiots everywhere

if we were really commiteded to our religion we would see that most religions opt for peace

Pygoscelis
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Don't know if you folks are aware, but that Jesus Camp featured in that film has shut down following the exposure from the movie. Horray!

It was sick. And yes Christians have scary nasty people just as Muslims do. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Fred Phelps, the list goes on and on and there is no end in sight for it. It is the dark underbelly of religious thought.

Muezzin
11-20-2006, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
if we were really commiteded to our religion we would see that most religions opt for peace
The only religion I can think of that opts for war is that of Klingons.

Bleh-CHAK!

...sorry, I was choking.

glo
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
Hey you guys.

I agree thirdwatch

The trouble is, extremism breeds extremism - in both 'camps' (excuse the pun).

And, before you know it, people fight each other for the sake of fighting, without remembering what the original conflict was about ...

I think extremism is a reaction to feeling fearful and vulnerable.
Behaviour, such as you described, is utterly contradictory to Christian teaching - just as suicide bombing is against Islamic teachings.

These things can happen when people forget to humble themselves before God and to submit to his guidance. They become proud and self-righteous - and fall prey to Satan himself!

Peace

north_malaysian
11-21-2006, 06:07 AM
But nationalist or racist extremists are even more ... crazy...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.