/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the easiest language to learn?

AbdulHassanAmir
11-13-2006, 03:44 AM
I wanna improve my language skills but wanna start off easy, so whats the easiest language? As you can guess though, I already know arabic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
11-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Malay language is the easiest....

Woodrow
11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
On the basis of knowing Arabic, You would probaly find Aramahic quite easy. the next easiest language would be Hebrew and then followed by Farsi and Urdu.

For practical purposes I would suggest Urdu.

AbdulHassanAmir
11-13-2006, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Malay language is the easiest....
For some reason I doubt that :D. Also, thanks for the suggestions Woodrow, I might try Farsi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
11-13-2006, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdulHassanAmir
For some reason I doubt that :D. Also, thanks for the suggestions Woodrow, I might try Farsi.
All International students in International Islamic University can pick up the language within a month ... it must be easy then...

Plus our grammar laws are not so HUGE as Arabic or English..

But as you know Arabic ... maybe Assyrian, Amharic, Hebrew can be easier to you...

Maimunah
11-13-2006, 09:00 AM
try somali language:D

wasalaam

Malaikah
11-13-2006, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdulHassanAmir
For some reason I doubt that :D.
:sl:

Malaysian/Indonesian is actually very easy! take it from me, I did two years of indo, its just such a simply language, very very simple grammar, its just so easy to pick up!

ummahzy
11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
A salaamu aleikum,

Malaysian/Indonesian are definitely simple languages. They also have a lot of influence from Arabic words. However, when/where do you plan to USE the language? What you spend your precious time learning should be useful!

ma salaam

Protected_Diamond
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Learn Pushto :D

Younus
11-13-2006, 01:15 PM
As you already know Arabic, I believe that the next language you should learn is Urdu, as it is similar to Arabic in some respects. inshaaAllah you will find it easy to learn Urdu, since you know Arabic.

AbdulHassanAmir
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummahzy
A salaamu aleikum,

Malaysian/Indonesian are definitely simple languages. They also have a lot of influence from Arabic words. However, when/where do you plan to USE the language? What you spend your precious time learning should be useful!

ma salaam
Well, knowing more languages gets you a higher salary in jobs. But I agree with what you're saying, ill make sure to keep that in mind. But Japanese looks too tempting :rollseyes .

Also my friends intrested in learning a language, he doesnt know arabic, he only knows english, what would everyone reccomend?

Muhammad
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM

If he is a Muslim, he should go fo Arabic: the language of the Qur'an :).

AbdulHassanAmir
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

If he is a Muslim, he should go fo Arabic: the language of the Qur'an :).
Thats what I was thinking too, and I could teach him too.

PS: Why am I still a limited member even though I have 53 posts?

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I think French and English are quite easy. Not as complex as the middle eastern languages. I also found Swedish pretty simple :)

cihad
11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
i think you should learn Afrikaans (Dit is die moeilkste taal), or even Xhosa (Molo, sagubanana molobenawe)

hehe

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummahzy
A salaamu aleikum,

Malaysian/Indonesian are definitely simple languages. They also have a lot of influence from Arabic words.
Out of hundreds of thousands of Malay words ONLY three are originally Malay:

1) Padi - Paddy
2) Ubi - cassava
3) Babi - Pig

Others are taken from Sanskrit, Arabic, English, Portuguese...

M2A^AKIB^
11-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Learn Bangla... easiest language.......................................... Not!!!
u will have to deal with 50 alphabets, i don't think u will like it.

snakelegs
11-14-2006, 05:27 AM
i found hebrew very easy and since you already know arabic, you will find quite a few words that are similar - grammar is different tho.
i am studying urdu now and do not find it easy at all - i think indo-european languages are more difficult than semitic languages.

mohammed farah
11-14-2006, 06:17 AM
english is definitly an easy language look at how many countries speak the language.

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
english is definitly an easy language look at how many countries speak the language.
I think he already know English.......

Maybe sign language is ok too...

smile
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I think you should learn Pedi or Sotho or even Venda

Al_Imaan
11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
i think you should farsi...since i know farsi its easier for me to understand urdu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.