/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am loosing it

AnonymousPoster
11-13-2006, 07:34 PM
:sl:
I cant even begin to describe how I am feeling right now:cry:
Lower than low I been feeling so depressed for a while now havent been praying for well..some time.
I used to pray and make dua I didnt feel better or didnt notice much difference in my life.
Today this brother was giving Dawah to a sister then he looked at me (in particular) well and said that it was my job to do that.
I am the one in school that is seen as the most religious one so when he said that I felt so low.
I dont want to leave Islam but I feel like giving up, I feel like moving to another country and just change myself and stop following the Deen.
This might sound crazy and stupid but I feel like I am destined to go to hell Allah swt is not listening to me this is surely a sign.
Family problems, school problems and depression on top of that and when you are 16 is not easy.:cry:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM

What is the problem sister? Is that your iman is low? and you fun it hard to get up again? Or that you have been making a Du'a for so long that you feel your Du'a has not been answered by Allah? Is it that this society is effecting you? What is that is making you feel like you want to give up Islam?

The heart is indeed of a provision- the provision of His Lord.

See these links:

http://islam-qa.com/dls/005.PDF

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ds=...7&dgn=4&ln=eng

AnonymousPoster
11-13-2006, 07:52 PM
My problem is life, i hate it living this life is a punishment itself
my iman is obviously low none of my duas have ever been answered i feel like there is no point trying so is best not to be in denial and just leave it like this

anonymous
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
You sound like me about 4-5 months ago, Now I can give you articles about how to improve your Iman and you know personally when I was going fru that crap I didnt honestly give a toss so I didnt give a second look to them imsad Astaghfirullah..
When your experiancing such feelings I personally find it helps that you hear someone who's going/has gone fru it, So its your lucky day cause I stand before you gyal...The secret to life is not to give up, no matter how crap it gets, I swear if you leave the folds of Islam then your life will be fruitless, there is nothing to aim for and why turn to the haram when theres a halal solution, and that is du'a. You say yours not answered? Yet ma gyal, Allah answers to every suplicant that calls unto Him and if not yet then there is InshAllah something better in store for you by the will of Allah.
Dont let people know your weaknesses; no matter what that be, you got to be a souljah in this life :), Cant go hurtin ova minor things get me cause if you start lettin peeps moufin it 2 ya making you feel like eurgh then your going to start believing it..
Keep strong and keep firm in the Deen, dont let Shaitaan fool ya into thinking otherwise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
11-13-2006, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
my iman is obviously low none of my duas have ever been answered i feel like there is no point trying so is best not to be in denial and just leave it like this
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

never give up just have faith in Allah subhanwatallah remember this life is ONLY a test so rely on Allah subhanwatallah

i pray that everything goes smooth && Allah subhanwatallah makes your life easy inshallah

Walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Sunflower
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
salam sis

always have faith in allah and as kittygal said remember that this life is a test and well end soon.
u no my mum always says to me if ur duas are not answered staright away doesnt mean that allah has not heard them but that if he was 2 ansewr them would provide more harm than good.... hope u understand what im trying to get

n remeber allah is the most merciful and forgiving never give up faith in allah remain staedfast and inshallah we will all be guided on sirattal-mustaqeem

hope that helps i.a

glo
11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
This is a tough time you are going through, anon.

Sometimes God seems distant, and the more we stamp our feet and want him to grant our wishes, the more distant he becomes! imsad
God is not a magic wand, who will make all your troubles in this life go away. :rollseyes

There have been times in my walk with God, when I have clung onto my faith by the skin of my teeth ... but I have always hung on!

I believe strongly that God will never abandon you - no matter how weak or 'bad' you feel, he will always be there.
God will not leave you. Question is, are you prepared to leave him? :uuh:

Also remember that you are at a difficult time in your life.
Reaching adulthood is not an easy period in your life! There may be other things going on, which you will get through.
This is just a phase - chances are things will settle down, and you will feel better about yourself!

My thoughts and best wishes are with you :)

Kittygyal
11-13-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunflower
salam sis

always have faith in allah and as kittygal said remember that this life is a test and well end soon.
u no my mum always says to me if ur duas are not answered staright away doesnt mean that allah has not heard them but that if he was 2 ansewr them would provide more harm than good.... hope u understand what im trying to get

n remeber allah is the most merciful and forgiving never give up faith in allah remain staedfast and inshallah we will all be guided on sirattal-mustaqeem

hope that helps i.a

Na'am true, also i wana add if things haven't worked out as you wanted (Du3'ahs) doesn't mean Allah subhanawatallah hates you, he loves you but he is waiting for you because he is testing you remember one thing when we are happy we forget him && when we are in a very bad situation we begg him day && night but NO it doesn't work like that when ever Allah subhanwatallah wants he will's, also remember one thing in life if you run towards Allah subhanwatallah he walks towards you SUBHANALLAH!

everyone has ups && downs && hard times but this life is a test so lets look on thy bright side inshallah && pray to Allah subhanwatallah && ask for forgivness before it's too late inshallah, one day we are ALL going to leave our soul behind && be questioned so inshallah lets have trust in Allah subhanwatallah && faith inshallah

Hijaabi22
11-13-2006, 08:51 PM
ur loosin it IV ALREADY LOST IT

Kittygyal
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
ur loosin it IV ALREADY LOST IT

'you've lost it' imsad now now whats thy matter with you:?

Sister Hoddan
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM

Firstly, I implore Allahs sub7anahu wa ta3ala that He assist you during these difficult times ameen.

Secondly my dear sister, we are all bond to face obsecles as Allah says: Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false." I think these ayaat speak for themselves don`t they?

MashaAllah that you are young and aware of islaam. I can tell you that there are people much older than you who don`t give a thought about their deen so be greateful that Allah has made you mindful of His religion. Infact, one of seven people on the day of judgement who will be under the shade of Allah is a young person who grew up practising islam. Don`t you wanna be amongst these people? The more imaan one has, the more he or she will be tested sister. How is it possible to doubt when Allah says. " And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer)..." And making supplications is never in vain. Either Allah grants your du3a in this life, prevent it with something harmful about to reach you or grants it in the hereafter provided that you DO NOT SAY: " my du3as have never been answered".

I also want to remind you that you are not alone in feeling this way, in fact it happens to us all but no matter how hard life treats us, we must never EVER leave islaam because Allah will never accept anything other than islaam for religion and that person in turn will be amongst the losers on the day of judgement. It would be better for you to meet Allah while you are in this state than meeting Him without your faith ukhti. I urge you to read this wonderful book: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...g&article_id=6

May Allah 3azza wa jall increase our imaan ameen.

salam

Umm Yoosuf
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Real enjoyment of this world is only achieved by being steadfast and firm in matter of one’s religion. The happy person is the one who succeeds in making good use of his health in this world. The increase in one’s rank in Paradise depends on one’s meritious deeds. The best thing one can occupy oneself with is the knowledge of Sharee’ah and whatever besides that is of secondary importance. When there is no knowledge, there will be misguidance. It is better to give priority to more important matters; for toiling in search of knowledge that caters for one’s well-being in this world and the Hereafter is better than toiling for the mere enjoyment of this life. The fruit of this life are only knowledge and good deeds.

Fear Allah as He should be feared; for it is the fear of Allah that makes things easy for one and prevents evil and undesirable things.

This Life is nothing but temporary sister as Muslim we should be thinking about our place in Jannah for the hereafter eternal.

The All-Mighty Allah `The Exalted,' says describing this world:...Truly, the life of this world is nothing but a [quick passing] enjoyment, and verily, the Hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.)(Qur'an 40:39)

He has also warned mankind of the trial that children and possessions represent, saying: (And know that your possessions and your children are but a trial and that surely with Allah is a mighty reward.) (Qur'an 8:28)

The All-Mighty Allah also forbids us to long for what he has bestowed on others: (And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them [polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah], the splendor of the life of this world, that We may test them thereby...) (Qur'an 20:131)

There are many Qur'anic Verses, which dispraise the life of this world and invite mankind to exploit their efforts for the Hereafter. Allah's Messenger (saw) `Blessings and Peace be upon him' said: "My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-clay under a shade of a tree and then left it." (Narrated by Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi Ibn Majah and Al-Haakim)

The Prophet (saw) also urged the Muslims to prepare for death and to take provisions for the Hereafter, He said: "Be in this world like a stranger, or a wayfarer." (Narrated by Bukhari)

Whenever we see the people pouncing for worldly legal and illegal benefits, we remember what the Prophet (saw) said: "When the All-Mighty Allah gives a person whatever he loves of the worldly benefits despite his disobedience, then that is a gradual enticement." (Narrated by Ahmad and Al-Bayhaqi)

Those who hold on to the false life of the world, yearning for material benefits may be distracted from obedience, worship and performing their religious duties on time and in a perfect manner.

The Prophet (saw) said: The Hour (of Resurrection) has drawn near, whereas the people have become more greedy for the life of the world and more remote from Allah. [Narrated by al-Haakim]

Collecting worldly benefits by legal means and spending them for legal ends is worship that brings a person close to Allah. But collecting them by illegal means or spending them for illegal ends leads only to Hell. Yahya Ibn Mu'adh (ra) `May Allah be pleased with him' said: "I don't order you to abandon life but to abandon sins. Abandoning life is a virtue and abandoning sins is a duty, so your need for this latter is greater than your need for the former."

The All-Mighty Allah says: (And put forward to them the example of the life of this world: it is like the water [rain] which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But [later] it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allah is Able to do everything.) (Qur'an 18:45)

The believer's resolution is attached to the Hereafter and everything in the life of this world reminds him therewith. We see, for instance, when a group of craftsmen enter in a house each of them focuses on the part that constitutes his specialization; a carpenter looks at the doors and windows, a mason looks at the walls and a draper looks at the sheets and cloth. When a believer sees darkness he remembers the darkness of the grave, when he sees a painful sight he remembers Allah's torment, when he sees sleeping people he remembers dead people in their graves and when he sees pleasures he remembers Paradise.

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (raa) said: "O people! You are in the passage of day and night. Your life span is decreasing. Your deeds are kept and death comes suddenly. Everyone will harvest what he has sown. A covetous man cannot get what Allah has not predestined for him. Whoever is given good that is from Allah, and whoever is saved against evil, then Allah is his Protector. The pious people are masters, jurists are leaders and being in the company of such people is a benefit."

Abu Darda' (raa) said: "Before Islam I used to be a merchant, and after the advent of Islam I was busy with commerce and worship, but it was so difficult for me to combine the two, that I renounced commerce and turned towards worship."

This does not mean that man should absolutely abandon working for his sustenance, but that the pleasures of this life should not be his main objective. Islam urges man to work and considers that a holy activity if the intention is sincere and the person is loyal.

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (raa) said: "Whoever seeks the life of this world damages his rewards in the Hereafter, and whoever seeks rewards in the Hereafter, damages the pleasures of this life. You should therefore damage this transient life for the sake of the permanent one."

The life of this world has a big share in ourselves. We talk only about its pleasures and feel sorry for what we miss thereof. Even the social relations are now governed by material benefits. One of my neighbors was a high official who used to have many visitors. One evening I saw that man sitting in the middle of his garden with the door of his house wide-open but there wasn't even a single person with him. When I asked about the matter, I was told that the man had retired from the service that is why his visitors had disappeared because he could no longer offer his services.

A wise man said: "We seek four ends but we take the wrong ways: We seek riches in money whereas it is in contentment, we seek comfort in plenitude whereas it is in fewness, we seek dignity in the people whereas it is in piety, we seek pleasures in food and dresses whereas it is in Islam."

Al-Khurassani said: "I don't advise you to mind your life's affairs because I know that you are covetous to do so, but I advise you to mind the affairs of the Hereafter. Take from this temporary home to the eternal one. Consider this life as something that you have left, I swear by Allah you will leave it. Consider death as something that you have tasted, I swear by Allah you will taste it. And consider the Hereafter as a home that you have visited, I swear by Allah you will be there."

Al-Balakhl said: "The people say that they are Allah's slaves whereas they deal with him as free men, they say that Allah guarantees their sustenance but their hearts are fond of collecting worldly benefits, they say that death is inevitable but they behave as if they are not going to die. So their acts are contradictory to what they say."

Ibrahim Al-Taymi said: "I imagined myself in Paradise, eating of its fruits, drinking of its beverages and embracing my young beautiful wives. Then I imagined myself in Hell, eating of its poisonous plants, drinking boiling water and wrestling in my chains. I said to myself: "Which of the two do you prefer?" The answer was: "I want to go back to life to perform good deeds," I said: "You can do so, because that is just an imagination."

Salamah Ibn Dinar said: "Allah's Grace in what He has deprived me of is greater than that in what He has given me, because I see that the latter was given to other people and they are destroyed."

Zunnan Al-Misr said: "The ailment of the body is in sickness and that of the heart is in sins. A delicious meal cannot benefit the body when the person is sick and likewise, the heart cannot taste the sweetness of worship if it is full of sins."

Salman Al-Farsi said: "Three things astonished me till I laughed and three things caused my sorrow till I wept. The first three are: a man who seeks worldly pleasures whereas death seeks him, a man who is unmindful towards Allah's duty whereas Allah is not unmindful towards him and a man who laughs loudly whereas he does not know whether Allah is pleased or angry with him. And the second three are: being separated from Muhammad (2ft), being separated from my loved ones and being judged by Allah on the Day of Resurrection and not knowing whether I will be ordered to Paradise or to Hell."

The love of the life of this world became deep in our hearts. Day and night we are busy thinking about its pleasures and how to maximize our profits and multiply our gains. Whenever there is an appointment for a worldly matter the people go there so early and wait happily for the start. But when the call for prayer is made they are too lazy to go to the mosques and some of them do not even answer the call.

Said Ibn 'Abdul `Aziz said: "Whoever does good can wait for reward and whoever does wrong should not be surprised when tormented. Whoever avails of dignity without right inherits humiliation with right and whoever collects a wealth by wronging others Allah will impoverish him with justice."
Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: "The jurisprudent is the one who renounces worldly pleasures, seeks the Hereafter, knows well his religion, worships his Rabb regularly, protects the Muslim's honor, saves their wealth and advises them."

Collecting worldly pleasures is not an indicator of happiness. Many poor people (only with contentment in their hearts) are happier than very rich people.

Print this article and read it sister, it would bring nothing but tears to you eyes http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...p-wake-up.html

As for Du’a

"And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself,
humbly and with fear without loudness in words in the mornings,
and in the afternoons and be not of those who are neglectful.
Surely, those who are with your Lord (angels)
are never too proud to perform acts of worship to Him,
but they glorify His Praise and prostrate before Him."
The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raf 7:205-206

"Supplication is the pith of worship."
Tirmidhi, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

"No one offers a supplication without Allah bringing him what he asks
or keeping away from him a like amount of evil,
provided he does not ask for something sinful or for breaking ties of relationship."

Tirmidhi, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah
"If anyone finds pleasure in receiving an answer from Allah in times of difficulty,
he should make many supplications when times are easy."
Tirmidhi, Narrated AbuHurayrah, gharib tradition

Read through this http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/dua1/dua_manner.html
Do not be hasty sistet or give up. You never know it maybe that Allah has saved it for you in the Akhira or will grant it to you some time soon….

Aisha radhiallaahu anha said, "No believer makes Dua and
it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world
or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get
frustrated."

In fact, it is even wrong to never make Dua, "Whosoever
does not supplicate to Allah, He will be angry with Him."
[Saheeh Jaami`as-Sagheer #2414

Some of the Salaaf sayings:

1. `Umar radhiallahu `anhu is reported to have said, "I do not carry the worry of acceptance but the worry of du`a. If I am inspired on how du`a is made, acceptance will accompany it."

2. Abu Dharr radhiallahu `anhu said, "For (the purposes) cure, that much du`a, as there is salt in food, is sufficient."

3. Muwarriq said, "I do not find any example for the believer except a man in the sea on a log who calls: 'O my Lord, O my Lord.' Perchance He (`azza wa jall) may redeem him."

4. Qasim bin `Abd said, "I said to Anas bin Malik: 'O Abu Hamzah pray to Allah for us.' He said: 'Du`a is elevated by good deeds.'"

5. Ibn Mas`ud radhiallahu anhu said, "Allah does not accept du`a from the ostentatious, the one who flaunts and the one who is not serious, (He accepts only) from a person who praises and asks from his heart."
6. It is reported that `Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak saw a man who was asking Allah, and he had a pebble in his hand. So he said to him, "If you are asking Allah for any good do not ask Him holding a stone in your hand."

7. `Aishah radhiallahu `anha is reported to have said, "No believer makes du`a and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

8. `Abdullah ibn Abi Salih said, "Ta`us called upon me and I said to him, 'O Abu Abd al-Rahman, pray to Allah for me.' He said, 'Pray for yourself because He responds to the distressed one when he calls Him."

Hijaabi22
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

'you've lost it' imsad now now whats thy matter with you:?

lol guys i was jus messin wid ya

jus sayin i know how it feels in terms of low imaan

Kittygyal
11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
lol guys i was jus messin wid ya

jus sayin i know how it feels in terms of low imaan

"phew" i was like... anywho take care Ukthi && also Anon.. just relax && ask for forgivness from Allah subhanwatallah inshallah, do more Dawah inshallah don't loose hope :)

AnonymousPoster
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
not original poster

Lower than low I been feeling so depressed for a while now havent been praying for well..some time.
I used to pray and make dua I didnt feel better or didnt notice much difference in my life.
Today this brother was giving Dawah to a sister then he looked at me (in particular) well and said that it was my job to do that.
I am the one in school that is seen as the most religious one so when he said that I felt so low.
I dont want to leave Islam but I feel like giving up, I feel like moving to another country and just change myself and stop following the Deen.
This might sound crazy and stupid but I feel like I am destined to go to hell Allah swt is not listening to me this is surely a sign.
Family problems, school problems and depression on top of that and when you are 16 is not easy.:cry: :w:
salams sis.

the fact is none of us know where our final goal is, Allah gave us the capacity to choose the path we endup on, so 'feeling' that ur destined to hell is a feeling that shaytan is trying to create.

thing is... depression and school/family problems is something everyone went through, you're not the only one, the prophet went through more problems than you did. Giving up just makes it worse, coz it means instead of suffering in this world and benefiting in hereafter, ull endup suffering in both!!

so make dua and straighten up sis!
take care all the best salamz

DigitalStorm82
11-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Alot of good advice...

Only thing I can say is... we're with you sis... through good and bad...

Don't abondon us and we won't abandon you... likewise... If you abondon Allah.. who created ALL THAT EXISTS... who will protect you against Him if you turn away from Him and His commandments?

Be certain your duah is accepted... and it will be granted to you when the right time comes...

Skillganon
11-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Everyone feel like that sis, and to varying degree and time.

Keep looking forward and seek refuge Allah from shaitan.

Patience is shown in time of calamity. Inshallah you will overcome it.

JanatAllah
11-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Family problems, school problems and depression on top of that and when you are 16 is not easy.:cry:
Al Salam Alaikum

Wow, reading your post made me want to cry and then give you a big hug! (I'm gonna assume you're a sister! ;D )

Don't give up! Allah Subhana Wa Ta3ala is with you even when you feel alone! I remember once recently feeling really down and weak in my iman and just bursting into tears when I thought about what life would be like without Him! That made me feel a whole lot better! Believe me sister there aint nothing out there for you girl!

There is a wonderful poem about walking in the sand with Allah (found it!)

Footprints in the Sand
- author unknown

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you."

Note: Muslims do not believe that God appeared in the form of a man, etc. The reason why this poem has been included is because of the moral of the story. The details of the poem do not represent the doctrines within Islam.

Chin up and keep strong!

Yasmine018
11-14-2006, 07:47 AM

Sister or Brother, these difficulties are only for a limited time. Allah send them to us, it is our test that Allah gave us. And if our imaan is not hard then we'll failed in the tests. We have to be brave. Have patience. Keep faith in the only one creator of the Universe, that is ... Allah-Hu-Akbar (ALLAH IS THE GREATEST) Allah love those who have patience!!!!

glo
11-14-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JanatAllah
Footprints in the Sand
- author unknown

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you."

Welcome to LI, sister. :)

I like that story too ... although I have never heard it quoted by a Muslim.

I agree with you that it is a parable and to be seen symbolically rather than a true account.
The underlying message is that in those times, when we feel God is not near, he is right by our side, carrying us through our times of trouble.
God is great - all the time! :statisfie

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2006, 11:10 AM
for the story -

replace "child" wiv "servant/slave" and its all good ;)

DigitalStorm82
11-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, clearly this story is not written by a muslim... it's giving God characteristics of a human.

But a very nice message in the story.

It may seem if God has abandoned us when we need Him the most... but in reality... we are so overwhelmed by our difficulties we don't even notice how God saved us from something far worse.

JanatAllah
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you Glo... I've always loved that story too (the message of it!) and when I looked for it, it was actually on an Islam website - I'd put Allah in the search term.

IbnAbdulHakim... well noted!

DigitalStorm82... right you are. The story wasn't written by a Muslim, it's being doing the email circuit for quite a few years and applied to Christians. The essence of the message as you pointed out is the main beauty of it. People generally understand things more when given a scenario they can visualise - like the parables in the Quran!

There was a disclaimer at the bottom of it so as not to misguide Muslims!

- Qatada -
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Faith wears out in your heart as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.”

The believer’s heart may sometimes feel overwhelmed by clouds of sin. This was portrayed to us by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said: “There is no heart that does not have clouds like the clouds that cover the moon. When the cloud covers it, it is dark, and when the cloud moves away it shines.”Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

So the believer’s heart is sometimes covered with a cloud and its light is hidden, and it remains dark and lonely, but if he strives to increase his store of faith and seeks the help of Allaah, that cloud goes away and the light in his heart starts to shine again. Hence one of the salaf said: “It is part of a person’s smartness to check on his faith and be aware of what affects it.” It is also part of a person’s smartness “that he recognizes how the Shaytaan whispers to him.”
More – tips on how to be a devoted slave of Allah:

zaria
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum,

This is a test of your Imam, Please don't give up. Read the Quran. Make Du'a forself, Fast and Pray just don't give up. I will make Du'a for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.