/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost trio follow call of azan (muslim call for prayer)

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 05:33 AM
KAJANG: Three friends who strayed off a trail while hiking in the Hulu Langat Forest Reserve here finally found their way out the following day - thanks to the call of azan.

Lim Kooi Gaik, 38, Wong Siao Wee and Deti Jawa, both 24, colleagues at an insurance company. started their hike from Taman Wangsa Cheras, at 6am on Sunday and came out at Taman Melur, Ampang, at about 11.20am yesterday.

According to Wong, they lost their way at about 3pm while returning and she then called her boyfriend to summon help.

"After several hours we felt tired and slept. When we woke up, we heard the azan and were happy as we then knew there was a mosque nearby.

"We decided to follow the direction from which it was coming from,"
she said when met at the Ampang Hospital.

Source: The Star, 14.11.2006, page N29.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
He saved their life :)

Muezzin
11-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Mashallah.

north_malaysian
11-15-2006, 03:21 AM
If I am lost in the jungle ... I hope I could hear azan too in order to escape those snakes, tigers etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
11-15-2006, 04:19 AM
:sl:

nm...do you know from which masjid?

they have masjid in the forest? hulu langat forest?

:w:

north_malaysian
11-15-2006, 04:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:sl:

nm...do you know from which masjid?

they have masjid in the forest? hulu langat forest?

:w:
It didnt mentioned the name of the mosque... but they came out to Taman Melur, Ampang... so the mosque must be in Taman Melur then:rollseyes

syilla
11-15-2006, 04:41 AM
wouldn't that be too far away :rolleyes:

i wonder how they got lost :rolleyes:

north_malaysian
11-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Our jungles are thick and dark....

cihad
11-15-2006, 10:34 AM
thats cool

Umar001
11-15-2006, 10:37 AM
I was so happy and then I saw sister cihad's avtar, that picture is upsetting.

AvarAllahNoor
11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
The Lord guides us all

Umar001
11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Wait are they muslim?

Tania
11-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Even if they have other faith, they could hear the muslim call..so orientate to find the masjid

Tania
11-15-2006, 02:56 PM
wouldn't that be too far away :rolleyes:

i wonder how they got lost :rolleyes:
I would punished the trio because they went so far without to know the places. Everyone is welcoming them now, but in fact they should be fined or something because they were irresponsable toward their families in the first place. :heated:

north_malaysian
11-16-2006, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Wait are they muslim?
I dont know about Deti Jawa, but the other two are non Muslim Chinese.

north_malaysian
11-16-2006, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Even if they have other faith, they could hear the muslim call..so orientate to find the masjid
Actually, the old folks say that if you lost in the Jungle ... you should do the "azan" ... it's easier for search party to find you.

Muslim Knight
11-16-2006, 02:28 AM
It all comes down to a simple conclusion. Azan saves lives. ;D;D;D

north_malaysian
11-16-2006, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
It all comes down to a simple conclusion. Azan saves lives. ;D;D;D
Ever get lost in the jungle? :giggling:

Muslim Knight
11-16-2006, 02:48 AM
One of my hobbies is trekking jungles but I've never been lost in any one of them. Alhamdulillah for that. Hehe...

north_malaysian
11-16-2006, 02:51 AM
One of my hobbies is trekking jungles but I've never been lost in any one of them. Alhamdulillah for that. Hehe...
If you are a university/college student, ... jungle trekking is either a hobby or obligatory..... :giggling:

Muslim Knight
11-16-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If you are a university/college student, ... jungle trekking is either a hobby or obligatory..... :giggling:
I remember following a school trip and people always see really weird stuffs in the jungle. Only I don't.:rollseyes

north_malaysian
11-16-2006, 04:54 AM
I remember following a school trip and people always see really weird stuffs in the jungle. Only I don't.:rollseyes
Everytime I went to the jungle ... in many states ... there were Zillions of "pacat" (leeches) .... the ONLY scary thing I've encountered in the jungles were snakes....

Skillganon
11-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Next time try wearing your Glasses,
Than you might have a more spectacle of a tim. :giggling:

Muslim Knight
11-16-2006, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Next time try wearing your Glasses,
Than you might have a more spectacle of a tim. :giggling:
You're not a very nice person. *proceeds to grabbing Skillganon and tickling him to the death.*

Tania
11-16-2006, 11:49 AM
You don't have a pic from the jungle:? I wish to see how it looks exactly - the trees :-[

syilla
11-17-2006, 01:47 AM

malaysia jungles are very thick...like the hulu langats

thats why it surprised me...when they mentioned there is a mosque there...hmm....

Umar001
11-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Akhi, get lost on purpose then see if u can do the athan and then what happens

Muslim Knight
11-17-2006, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Akhi, get lost on purpose then see if u can do the athan and then what happens
One day I might just enter a jungle and just walk where my feet'll take me. Tabloid magazines in Malaysia have these stories about people getting lost in jungles and they started to make azan so that people come and rescue them. One guy's case turns out he's been making during prayer times and so these Muslim jinns came to him and expected him to become the imam for their prayer in the middle of the jungle.

north_malaysian
11-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Should we mention that our jungles have 'Bigfoots'?

Tania
11-17-2006, 03:51 AM
malaysia jungles are very thick...like the hulu langats

thats why it surprised me...when they mentioned there is a mosque there...hmm....
Ohh its beautiful and the urangutan is cute :) May be the masjid was near to the jungle, it was not build in jungle.

I think the most easiest thing to do it would be to use a compass, like the sailors on the sea. And if you still get lost do the azzan

Tania
11-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Should we mention that our jungles have 'Bigfoots'?
People saw Bigfoots in the jungle:? May be thats why the people are going so deep in the jungle-to can make a pic with him and after that to make a small fortune selling it.

north_malaysian
11-17-2006, 09:02 AM
People saw Bigfoots in the jungle:? May be thats why the people are going so deep in the jungle-to can make a pic with him and after that to make a small fortune selling it.
It's either hoax or myth.... NO PIC OF MALAYSIAN BIGFOOT EVER TAKEN ... they only managed to find footprints... I also can do big footprints in the jungle.... :giggling:

Muslim Knight
11-17-2006, 09:04 AM
The plural of Bigfoot is "Bigfeet". It indicates many a Bigfoot.

north_malaysian
11-17-2006, 09:07 AM
The plural of Bigfoot is "Bigfeet". It indicates many a Bigfoot.
Thus... why nobody use "bigfeet"?

Tania
11-17-2006, 03:06 PM
It's either hoax or myth.... NO PIC OF MALAYSIAN BIGFOOT EVER TAKEN ... they only managed to find footprints... I also can do big footprints in the jungle.... :giggling:
You could open a new business. :giggling:
Do you have a course in school or faculty where the teachers are explaining how its possible to find your way back when you are in jungle:? And, if i am not to curious :-[ which are the methods used:? because after me you can't look after trees, they look in the same way.

starfortress
11-18-2006, 12:35 AM
You could open a new business. :giggling:
Do you have a course in school or faculty where the teachers are explaining how its possible to find your way back when you are in jungle:? And, if i am not to curious :-[ which are the methods used:? because after me you can't look after trees, they look in the same way.
hi

The basic ways to get off out from jungle is,you need to know your direction(North,South,East,West)by the sun position before get into the jungle,yepp that was before you entering the jungle,set up some sign along the trekking track as a reference in case you lost,and just follow the sign that you made.Sound so simple isn't it:D

If you forgot to remembered what ive mention above,and lost your route the first thing you have to do is to find the nearest river stream and waiting for rescue operation.You also could use the river stream as a guideline towards the beach.All Malaysian national park have check in/out service it is crucial to ensure the safety for visitor.And don't forget to make a du'a InshaAllah.

Note:Malaysia tropical climate-at 1300 Hours the sun position almost on top of your head.

Tania
11-18-2006, 04:37 AM
It seems so complicated to follow the sun :-\ I don't think i could manage , may be to find the river, thats much easier or just to shout "Help" :-[ - thats easy peasy too.
If the parks have check in services it means are lot of tourists which visit the jungle. Their presence is not bothering the wild life:? Especially the tigers:?

starfortress
11-18-2006, 05:28 AM
It seems so complicated to follow the sun :-\ I don't think i could manage , may be to find the river, thats much easier or just to shout "Help" :-[ - thats easy peasy too.
If the parks have check in services it means are lot of tourists which visit the jungle. Their presence is not bothering the wild life:? Especially the tigers:?

Great im sleeping in front my pc,normally,a lot of tourist attracted and had a lot trip to national park,there is special route and track designed at specific location to be enviromentally friendly.A lot of case attacking involve a tiger and elephant,but thats happened in rubber estate,new farming area,palm oil plantation area,logging yard(deforestation area) as what i know,i never heard any tourist being attacked by a tiger.This animal wouldn't attack a human for nothing,they hunt for a food.:playing:,but still Malaysian forest area are decreasing for development.imsad

Note:There is no wild tiger in Borneo Island forest.

Canopy walkways

Tania
11-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I am always concerned for the wild life. I wish the people never harm them and respect their place in which they lives. I would never go in a place where i could put a tiger life in danger. I hope the people will not destroy the jungle imsad to make houses. Instead of destroying the forests i think Malaysia could make a great amounth of money from tourism - its beautiful and this canopy walk wys are great. I never saw them before.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.