/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Hussein political adviser claims Iraq accepted Bush's ultimatum before invasion

Mr. Baldy
11-14-2006, 12:59 PM
"Hossam Shaltout, a former political adviser to Saddam Hussein's son, said today that before the U.S. invasion of Iraq in March of 2003, Saddam expressed his intent to yield to all American demands, but that the Bush administration refused his offers, according to a press release on Yahoo News."

read the rest of the article here; http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Ex...pted_1030.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GARY
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Hmm... interesting claim. Why did he wait so long to announce this?

Joe98
11-14-2006, 10:36 PM
I heard the claim back in March '03

Bush did too and said it was "too late".

I was against the war before it started.

snakelegs
11-14-2006, 10:41 PM
it was obvious to me that bush was going to invade iraq no matter what. same with afghanistan. so this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr. Baldy
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
Hmm... interesting claim. Why did he wait so long to announce this?
it said in the article they did try to get the word out, but US stopped them, and he was also detained and tortured. but i did hear this before, vaguley

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2006, 10:25 AM
yes this is old news but jazakAllah for the reminder my bald man.

Lets not forget bush invaded afghanistan, allowed lebanon to get destroyed and will most likely attack iran. Many may think its resources but i think theres hidden agendas (well not so hidden actually, blair supporting straws attack, so typical :rollseyes wat cud they possible be after :rollseyes)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.