/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What really happened to Jesus (PBUH) : Gospel of Barnabos and dead sea scroll

InToTheRain
11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
:sl:

A question to my the dear Christians in this forum: if Jesus(AS) was truly crusified and it was due to Judas, shouldn't Judas be considered a hero? Therefore from your perspective If it wasn't for Judas all our sins wouldn't have been wiped off or we would never have a had a clean slate, he has directly contributed to this, and he shouldn't be blamed as Jesus willingly went to the cross to save all of us.

Regarding the apostle Barnabas himself, the Bible commands:

"if he comes to you, receive him."

Colossians 4:10

In reply to a question by Philip, Prophet Jesus said:

"God alone hath no equal. He hath had no beginning, nor will he ever have a end, ... He hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions."

Gospel of Barnabas:17

"... Verily ye have erred greatly, O Israelites, in calling me(Jesus), a man, your God. ... I confess before heaven, ... that I am a stranger to all that ye have said; seeing that I am man, born of a mortal woman, subject to the judgment of God, suffering the miseries of eating and sleeping, of cold and heat, like other men,. Whereupon when God shall come to judge, my words like a sword shall pierce each one (of them) that believe me to be more than man,"

Gospel of Barnabas: 93

For the True (or should I say Islamic :) ) perspective of what really happened to Jesus(AS) read the following article:

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Gospel of Barn part 1

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Gospel of Barn part2

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
"Father forgive them, they know not what they do," It goes toward the idea of free will. Philosophically one could argue that Judas suffered more for mankind than Christ, since it would seem Judas was punished in Hell for his actions. However, that would mean Judas had no free will. The fact that Christ knew or expected Judas to betray him doesn't mean Judas had no free will. It is a difficult philosophical question, but the most important aspect is free will.

Umar001
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I think this forum has endless threads about 'The Gospel of Barnabas'

InToTheRain
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I think this forum has endless threads about 'The Gospel of Barnabas'
I see :rollseyes I never use the "search threads" option :) may the Brothers and Siters forgive me :hiding:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
I see :rollseyes I never use the "search threads" option :) may the Brothers and Siters forgive me :hiding:

:w:
Well some people will just say to you, "The Gospel is False its a fraud....." And so on so I dont see much point.

InToTheRain
11-14-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Well some people will just say to you, "The Gospel is False its a fraud....." And so on so I dont see much point.
You gotta more optimistic Akhi :D

Umar001
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Well you have to remember that the Gospels were chosen, people picked and mixed, what's to stop them from doing the same now?

thameena
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM
salams..
well some muslim scholars say that the gospel of barnabas is the closest to the truth.
christians scholars on the other hand say its false.
so if they dont even believe in the authenticity of this book, why will they take wats written as credible info?
just like the quran. they dont believ it to be the word of Allah swt, so even if it says Isa (as) was a prophet, they wont believe it.
what we gotta do is point it out from the text they say are true, like the gospels of mark and luke etc.
hmm. but wait a min... wont this lead them to say, hey so u guys believe what our books says is the truth, so we are on the truth??! oh i dunno..
lemme kno what u think
wasalam
tham

Umar001
11-14-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thameena
salams..
well some muslim scholars say that the gospel of barnabas is the closest to the truth.
christians scholars on the other hand say its false.
so if they dont even believe in the authenticity of this book, why will they take wats written as credible info?
just like the quran. they dont believ it to be the word of Allah swt, so even if it says Isa (as) was a prophet, they wont believe it.
what we gotta do is point it out from the text they say are true, like the gospels of mark and luke etc.
hmm. but wait a min... wont this lead them to say, hey so u guys believe what our books says is the truth, so we are on the truth??! oh i dunno..
lemme kno what u think
wasalam
tham
look, all you gotta do is point to them the truth in the Qu'ran and thats it, Jafar the cousin of the prophet peace be upon him, only recited part of the Quran and the king of Ethiopia cried, he didnt say this gospel and this verse is true.

Some people you might need to show them, the gospel says this and that, thats no problem, others you dont need to do that, it depends.

You see the Christian faith even now is not all wrong, they believe that God created everything, they believe that God sends prophets and messengers adn so on, so some is true some is false, theres no reason to get confused Sister.

Eesa :)

Skillganon
11-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I think, it will be a good thing to asess the text by some credible mean for it's authenticity.

I am not saying Yay or Nay on that subject.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.