/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Siti Hanisah
11-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Assalamualaykum.
I just bought hair vitamin which contain fragrance. I do not know if the fragrance contains alcohol or not. I always apply it onto my hair one hour before Maghrib. Do I have to wash my hair back before I do Maghrib or else? I am afraid I will be considered wearing perfume during praying.
Wassalamualaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I didn't know it is Haram to wear perfume during prayer? I wear perfume all the time, especially during prayer... I thought it is nice to pray to G-D in your best garment and your cleanest and greatest smelling? Anyhow I am no scholar, but I am a bit bewildered by your post........

Regarding, alcohol... there are tons of forms of it, even your own body makes a variation or another of it, it doesn't mean that it is the ethanol form or that it will get you drunk, you really can't avoid it.....An alcohol is formed when a hydroxyl group is joined by a single bond to an alkyl group generally designated by an (OH) .t The drinking alcohol is ETOH, then there is Methanol<<<some people drink that but end up blind since it forms formic acid in the body, then there is butanol, proponol anything with an (OL) ending designates an Alcohol, and as already mentioned even the cell membranes in your own body contain alcohol in one form or another.... the one that gets people drunk however is the Ethanol one, and that is the Haram group..... so your perfume might contain alcohol but not ethyl alcohol......

eh I suggest we get a knowledgeable scholar to give an educated opinion...
Wallah A3lam.
fi aman illah

Siti Hanisah
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Yah, thanks for being here by the way..
so anyone wanna help me to the right link for me to ask?
or anyone who's scholar here?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 11:29 PM
ukhtee i heard from sheikh haitham that it is not permissable for women to pray with perfume on but it is permissable for men, inshaAllah someone will post the daleel.

as for your case... im not sure if that is considered perfume or medecine lol.

Lets rememba women are suppose 2 maintain the utmost hayaa when in front of their lord inshaAllah ta'ala.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Siti Hanisah
11-15-2006, 11:32 PM
thanks for that bro
even i'm curious
if it's considered as perfume or medicine...

learningislam
11-15-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ukhtee i heard from sheikh haitham that it is not permissable for women to pray with perfume on but it is permissable for men, inshaAllah someone will post the daleel.

:wasalamex

i thought, women cant use perfume only when they go out of their homes ....., but they can at home.

I can understand, why women are not allowed to be perfumed when they are out of their homes. But , i want to know...why men are allowed?

if somebody knows, plz do share....

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
becoz i dont think mens scent will cause fitnah where as womens scent will Allahu Allam thats just logic not daleel so feel free to ignore me.

sis you might be right, perhaps its just in jamm'aa Allahu Allam but sheikh haithams words were "while standing in front of Allah it is inappropriate for a sister to be wearing perfume".

Allahu Allam.

I will do research on this inshaAllah ta'ala.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by learningislam

i thought, women cant use perfume only when they go out of their homes ....., but they can at home.

I can understand, why women are not allowed to be perfumed when they are out of their homes. But , i want to know...why men are allowed?

if somebody knows, plz do share....

ukhtee you were right, mashaAllah

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...rfume%20salaah

Because a great deal of mischief is caused when women wear perfume when going to the mosque, this is forbidden when she is going out. This problem is not present when she does that (wears perfume) at home, so it is not forbidden, and that does not affect her prayer. And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

learningislam
11-16-2006, 12:18 AM

JazakAllah......for clarifying both questions.

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
When you are in doubt about any product, email or phone the company who makes it. There should be a contact address/website or tel.# on the packaging.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.