/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Radicalisation

S_87
11-15-2006, 11:37 AM
:sl:

We've got a powerful investigation on the programme tonight. Last week there was a stark warning from the head of MI5 about 30 terror plots in the UK involving young British Muslims. But whose hands are moulding anger and resentment to create the British Jihad?

Richard Watson investigates radicalisation over the internet, on university campuses and in criminal gangs and uncovers alarming evidence which reveals how a minority of young British Muslims are being drawn into a life of extremism and crime. We're hope to be getting reaction from a Home office minister on this story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/6148296.stm

to watch on front page
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/default.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
whats the difference between muslims talkin about jihaad and kids talking about breakin down cars with bricks and starting riots? seriously?

this is annoying, the amount of emphasis they put on kids just because they are muslim !

i think im one of then :X

- Qatada -
11-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Its because they know that the threat of muslims is more global and unified compared to a group of kids breaking up cars and toys etc. wa Allaahu a'lam.

:salamext:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Its because they know that the threat of muslims is more global and unified compared to a group of kids breaking up cars and toys etc. wa Allaahu a'lam.

:salamext:
ye, the muslim kids have more passion Alhamdulillaah :)

and even the old people of the last generation are realising that islaam is waking up, its evident in every family.

Alhamdulillaah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslima_uk
11-15-2006, 03:55 PM
my opinon is its not the muslim youth that are the problem, it media and propaganda, taking for example news night last night, there was an investigation into, the youth being radicalised and they accused H.T. of promoting violence and recruting thugs to commit crime against non muslims. I myself dont personally follow that movement but i know enough to know that the organisation dont do anything of the kind.
Many of the non-muslims i know also say that its mis infomation from the media that leads us to have a nagative attitude towards muslims. I think we should take time out to inform our non muslim sisters and brothers , that we're not all out to kill them, and the popular opinion of the media and the goverment is an incorrect one.

S_87
11-15-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

this is annoying, the amount of emphasis they put on kids just because they are muslim !

:sl:

i dont think its the muslim kids they are targetting. its those who are, well radical. and unfortunately those radicals are given media light. if they are a threat to the community we need to root them out. i dont agree with the way that is going nationally but it still doesnt hide the problem that there are extremists within the society who are willing to kill innocent civilians.

Ninth_Scribe
11-15-2006, 05:46 PM
whats the difference between muslims talkin about jihaad and kids talking about breakin down cars with bricks and starting riots? seriously?

It is a bit silly. Shoot-outs at schools here in the U.S. are history in 24 hours! It doesn't become a global media frenzy! Nearly half the stuff I heard going on in chat-rooms is exactly the same stuff. Teenagers need to be worked (hard) or they don't feel fulfilled. If a country won't value that need kids have, they'll look for it where ever they can find it.

Jihad is becoming the new Mafia. To kids, this is way cool! Like the real Mafia, half these kids have no idea what it's all about... but it gives them a sense of purpose and importance.

Ninth Scribe

Woodrow
11-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Jihad is becoming the new Mafia. To kids, this is way cool! Like the real Mafia, half these kids have no idea what it's all about... but it gives them a sense of purpose and importance.
Good point, but I personaly would make a slight change.

A distorted concept of Jihad is becoming the new Mafia. To kids, this is way cool! Like the real Mafia, half these kids have no idea what it's all about... but it gives them a sense of purpose and importance.

My reason for the change is we all should be engaged in a Jihad, not just Muslims but also Non-Muslims. Jihad does not equate to distruction or terrorism. It is our own battles to do what is in agreement with Allah(swt).

strider
11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima_uk
my opinon is its not the muslim youth that are the problem, it media and propaganda, taking for example news night last night, there was an investigation into, the youth being radicalised and they accused H.T. of promoting violence and recruting thugs to commit crime against non muslims. I myself dont personally follow that movement but i know enough to know that the organisation dont do anything of the kind.
Many of the non-muslims i know also say that its mis infomation from the media that leads us to have a nagative attitude towards muslims. I think we should take time out to inform our non muslim sisters and brothers , that we're not all out to kill them, and the popular opinion of the media and the goverment is an incorrect one.
File on 4 also looked at this issue. You can listen again to the program if you missed it here (just click on the 'listen now' option. It's around 40 mins long). I propose that you do not actually know enough to say for sure that the organisation doesn;t do anything of this kind.

What misinformation are you talking about, now? I find it rather ironic that people continuely accuse the BBC of being bias and not giving an opportunity for mainstream Muslims to present their case, when in reality they do completely the opposite.

KAding
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM

The difference is politics. Common criminals don't have the aim to overthrow the political, legal and social system in favor of a new system with completely opposite methods. In that case we are not talking about criminals, but 'traitors' and revolutionaries.

Unless of course, they are talking about actual street crime committed by Muslims, in which case I agree that them being Muslim would have very little to do with it. But from the description of the program I get the impression they mean political crimes.

Muezzin
11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey, don't compare unstable wannabe-quasi-'Jihadist'-chavscum to the Mafia. The latter had some pretty dang kewl movies based on them.

:p

Ninth_Scribe
11-17-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Hey, don't compare unstable wannabe-quasi-'Jihadist'-chavscum to the Mafia. The latter had some pretty dang kewl movies based on them.

:p
Ah, they were very cool movies, but those movies were heavily edited.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Good point, but I personaly would make a slight change.

A distorted concept of Jihad is becoming the new Mafia. To kids, this is way cool! Like the real Mafia, half these kids have no idea what it's all about... but it gives them a sense of purpose and importance.

My reason for the change is we all should be engaged in a Jihad, not just Muslims but also Non-Muslims. Jihad does not equate to distruction or terrorism. It is our own battles to do what is in agreement with Allah(swt).
Well, I like to think of it as each to their own. I challenged a certain [distorted] Jihadist once, as follows:

My Pen against your Sword... let's see who does the most damage [to evil], lol.

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.