/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you an active member of your community?

Sister Hoddan
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Assalaamu 3alaikum!

How many of us are somehow involved in the betterment of our communities? If yes, how exactly are you involved?

Could admin add a poll please?( I do not know how to make one unfortunately) Jazakumullahu khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Sister i think it would be a good idea if inshaAllah you also mention how you are active with the community as to encourage others inshaAllah ta'ala.

Unfortunately i am not very active, i do a few things for my university when required but around my own area i dont do much. InshaAllah this will change inshaAllah.

:salamext:

Sister Hoddan
11-15-2006, 04:02 PM
:sl:

I did this poll for these reasons below:

1.encouragement to continue doing whatever one is doing no matter how difficult or small it is for the pleasure of Allah
2.the exchange of ideas
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Sister i think it would be a good idea if inshaAllah you also mention how you are active with the community as to encourage others inshaAllah ta'ala.:salamext:

I`m a member and organiser in a new non-profit islamic association that hold different activitites such as lectures,halal-"parties"ect(segregation between the 2 genders of course l,l wallahul musta3an) for muslims and non-muslims.I would like to get involved in more activities in the future inshaAllah but I think its very important to start slowly first. After all, a little deed done constantly is far better in the sight of Allah than something big that´s done irregulary as our beloved Prophet(sallaahu aleyhi wasallam) said.

I hope we all contribute something to the sociaty even by removing a harmful object from the roads(which is an act of worship in itself).

Hoddan

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Nah not an active member of the the community but I wouldn't mind being a part of a team that helped improve our community.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM

I know its hard to find anyone in society to start something off. So why don't we create some ideas to find a starting point?

habiibti
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Assalamu aleikum

yes i am an active member,i work at muslim community centre where after school programmes are held.That makes da kids not to any where else after school where they would waste their time.

second,is with da mothers and seniors of my community,unfortunately most of them dont speak english so we help them out when they have maybe a doctors appointment or anything that they would need a translator.and trust me,it is most rewarding .

3rd,we organise iftar cooking for da mosque every ramadhan,and we take turns.

May Allah reward u all.

Sister Hoddan
11-15-2006, 09:30 PM
assalaamu 3alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I know its hard to find anyone in society to start something off. So why don't we create some ideas to find a starting point?
na3am I agree. Most poeple want to be more involved but sometimes, it is hard to know where to start so sharing ideas would be great.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2006, 10:42 PM

same here akhee fi-sab, to be honest i dont even know anything great my community at the moment is doing, well i know they are raising money for a mosque and i already helped with that... not really doing much else. So i guess that means we got to start the activities, not wait for someone else to start it then jump in...

- Qatada -
11-20-2006, 08:51 PM
:wasalamex

Jazak Allaahu khayrun for creating this thread sister, because through this thread, i thought of creating a new thread on ideas on how to revive islaam in our own areas:

http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...your-area.html

If anyone's got any good tips, please post up. :)

Omari
01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Inshalah i am going to start a mini not-for-profit organization to raise money and buy books for kids' who don't have access to them.

Inshalah next year i will start.
Omari

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.