/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

AnonymousPoster
11-15-2006, 04:57 PM
:sl:

I'm feeling really down,I dont know what to do....

In Ramadaan Alhamdulillah, I took the decision to wear my niqaab again

I took some time off work during ramadan and since then I have not been back to work....I have been taking sick leave, next week i'm due to be back at work...and i really dont want to go back, I like my job, Alhamdulillah I am able to wear Hijab and Jilbaab....but the problem is it is a public place and i am unable to wear niqaab, my niqaab is an important part of me i feel my chastity is protected and I develop more Taqwa, without my Niqaab I get men giving me lustful looks...and i feel like my appearence has been tarred. without my niqaab i will feel like i am compromising my deen and its a big burden on my heart...I just dont want to go back to work!

In ramadan i made intention not to go back, with all my heart i dont want to...i feel i cant face them!

and all this islamaphobia regarding the niqaab has made me even more reluctant to go back

I told my parents i dont want to go back to work.. they told me not to leave as I have a good job, it's good pay and its literally across the road from where i live and most of all i do really need the money.

I really dont know what to do.???

its really getting me down

please give me some advice

JazakAllahu Khair

your sister in Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zaria
11-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Salaam, If you job don't have a problem with you wearing Niqab and your concern is what other are saying than I would were Niqab because eventually they will come around once they see this is what you want to do. I would just explain to them about Niqab.

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I understand you sis, but heyaa is in the eyes, not just in the veil. I would rather see a sister without a veil, lowering her gaze than eyeing up men from her nikaab. Do the same if nikaab is not allowed in your workplace.

If you keep your gaze lowered, you will not see whether men are looking at you with lust or not.

no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Salaam sister!!!

If you wouldnt be in need for the oney i would persoanlly advice oyu not to go to work if this how you feel,not to forget it isnt cumposory for you to work.But since it is an issue for you......and since the wearing off the veil isnt a problem then it should be ohkay for you!!

The matter about men eying........well modesty comes out from one itself as sister muslimah_rose metnioned.

If you keep your gays lowered then you wont realise!!

Inshallah the replies helped!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-16-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

I'm feeling really down,I dont know what to do....

In Ramadaan Alhamdulillah, I took the decision to wear my niqaab again

I took some time off work during ramadan and since then I have not been back to work....I have been taking sick leave, next week i'm due to be back at work...and i really dont want to go back, I like my job, Alhamdulillah I am able to wear Hijab and Jilbaab....but the problem is it is a public place and i am unable to wear niqaab, my niqaab is an important part of me i feel my chastity is protected and I develop more Taqwa, without my Niqaab I get men giving me lustful looks...and i feel like my appearence has been tarred. without my niqaab i will feel like i am compromising my deen and its a big burden on my heart...I just dont want to go back to work!

In ramadan i made intention not to go back, with all my heart i dont want to...i feel i cant face them!

and all this islamaphobia regarding the niqaab has made me even more reluctant to go back

I told my parents i dont want to go back to work.. they told me not to leave as I have a good job, it's good pay and its literally across the road from where i live and most of all i do really need the money.
Omg

SubhanAllah

I dont know whats happening to us, is it me being arguementative.

What are people saying in this thread?

La Hawla Wa La Quwata Illah Billah

the sister is saying "without my niqaab i will feel like i am compromising my deen and its a big burden on my heart...I just dont want to go back to work!"

And people are like 'its only niqab' 'its only sunnah'

What the? First, alot of scholars aparently say it is fard, so I dont know what you been listening to, to just be able to brush it off.

Second, it doesnt matter what it is, the sister has just said in no uncertain terms that without the niqab she feels like she is compromising Islam.

Sister, I think its amazing that you wear niqab. As for you situation, personally, I'd do what I can, if I can live without the money I'd quit if they wouldnt let me wear what I wanted. Specially if its something which iss important.

Anyhow, I think am just in an arguementative mood today, I dont get how people can just be so complacent. :hiding: :hiding:

I've seen people leaving bits and parts of Islam, till one day Islam and Imaan left them.

Sorry if I've been harsh and I do apologise and I love every Muslim for the sake of Allah so please do not be angry at me and have patience with me.

Eesa.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 05:04 PM
^^ I think you mean 'eyes' and 'muslimah_rose'??? lol

I think you should have a word with the manager, it really upsets me to see what the media has doe to the confidence of our sisters in Islam...Remain strong, make dua to Allah swt and if you are wearing hijaab amd jilbab, you are not sinning just ignore those men who eye you, it probably happens to niqaabis aswell??

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Shukran for your replies, sisters you have a point in saying hayaa is mainly of the eyes, but the only time I associate with strange menfolk is when I am at work...its not a case of me lowering my gaze...I try to do that as best i can in any case-Insha'Allah

I dont know what to do..I know for a fact, they will not allow me to wear my niqaab,I asked my colleague, he is a practicing muslim brother who is much older than me, a senior member of staff who has worked there for the past 13yrs or so...

I asked him months ago..he told me that because i work for local government in the public sector if a member of the public made a complaint against me i would have to take it off.

I'm afraid if they may scrutinize me as they did to sister Aysha Azmi ( the teaching assistant)

I think only option I have is to leave..

what should i tell my parents?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.