/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it is more difficult..

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
to get a job if you're living in the west and Muslim??? or maybe just the brothers with big beards or sisters who have hijaab...it might be a broad question but I was just wondering what your views are, or whether you've experianced something to support or go against the this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
11-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

well Akhi i was a christain when i got me first ever job as an teacher in a primary school graduated to a secondry school it was quiet hard because you need to have good expectations i mean you need confidence && be mature before you can get a job, but Alhamdulillah am working in a Breavement Centre (Advicer) && subhnallah i got this job 3 half years ago love it, when i reverted i started to wear a Hijab (but i don't wear it at all times) but Alhadulillah am starting to wear it all times now, but anywho i don't think it's hard getting a job with a hijab nor a beard but you also need to think how the manager is like i mean were i work there are more christains but few muslims but Mashallah my Collegues allow me to wear hijab && also at salah time i am allowed to go in a peace room (as i can't pray due to my illness) i have to sit there on a chair facing the Qiblah with right intention, Alhamdulillah they are safe with that.

all i can say is you need to have confidence i mean soo many peeps whom have got a beard && wear hijabs are working am sure it's not hard, you just need to have confidence

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

strider
11-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes, in general i would be inclined to say it is due to stigma many associate with Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.