/* */

PDA

View Full Version : All girl Islamic boarding school

KAT
11-16-2006, 12:47 AM
So what do you think of an all girl, islamic boarding school?
good idea? where girls can be brought up in an islamic enviroment and safe gaurded from the many harms of a mixed society.

Or bad idea? They get away with chatting to lads on the payphones, and sneak out when oppertunities arise. Sommat that's much harder to do under good parental suppervision.

Let me know....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I think it all depends on the person and whether want go or made to go.

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I think it's a good idea. There will always be those who go astray no matter where they are, but the benefit outweighs the risk by far.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I think it's a good idea. There will always be those who go astray no matter where they are, but the benefit outweighs the risk by far.
yeah benefits out weigh the risks...

I'm just wondering whether parent and child relationship is affected in a bad way because of the amount of time spent away from the kids but from the people I know who have come out of the schools it worked well for them masha'Allah

The question I want to ask people on LI is would you send your kids to Islamic boarding schools?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Would i send my kids!!!???

If its a boy yah....for a girl iv had too many experiences myself...i wouldnt want to!!!

Im fully aware of the fact that boy boarding arent any better either but having to send them in the enviroment where all the wrong action get carried out so legally is worse!!

But then again for most it all depends how you personally do the up bringing of your child so that even in a curropted enviroment i.e . boarding school( they are curropted aswel 20%) they dont get affected!!!

However a parrent can give its best and give evrything it can but at times the kids just eventually do go wrong in some way or the other!

Kittygyal
11-16-2006, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAT
So what do you think of an all girl, islamic boarding school?
good idea? where girls can be brought up in an islamic enviroment and safe gaurded from the many harms of a mixed society.

Or bad idea? They get away with chatting to lads on the payphones, and sneak out when oppertunities arise. Sommat that's much harder to do under good parental suppervision.

Let me know....
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

i just want to say it's not about staying away from mens it's all about learning more about your Deen-Al-Islam, you need to have thy right intention, don't just go for peeps to say oh so && so is ASTAGFIRULLAH!.

i would advice, if you go && have thy intention then go i mean when you go to an Boarding school you come back by doing all classes && have more knowledge on Islam, also you need to be mature enough && remember Allah knows. once you come back && leave you become an Aalimah i am currently doing it at home due to me illness i can't go && do Jamat (Boarding school) but inshallah once i have had me OP then inshallah i will be going, it's good to go i mean you get more educated so i Na'am :)

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ahs inshallah

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Kittygyal
11-16-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by no1_outbider
Would i send my kids!!!???

If its a boy yah....for a girl iv had too many experiences myself...i wouldnt want to!!!

Im fully aware of the fact that boy boarding arent any better either but having to send them in the enviroment where all the wrong action get carried out so legally is worse!!

But then again for most it all depends how you personally do the up bringing of your child so that even in a curropted enviroment i.e . boarding school( they are curropted aswel 20%) they dont get affected!!!

However a parrent can give its best and give evrything it can but at times the kids just eventually do go wrong in some way or the other!

Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Na'am thats true Ukthi, but bare in mind tahts why we go to experience i mean if i was little like in teens around 15-17 i wouldn't go because i will be more into other mischief stuff i mean now am 21 && mature enough ALHADULILLAH, it's better to go once you have got thy confidence && grown up well i have NEVER been but doing it at home && i have been (nearby where i live in Bristol) just for like couple of hours but inshallah once my condition is okay will be going to live inshallah

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ahs inshallah

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

- Qatada -
11-16-2006, 05:37 PM
:salamext:

If a person has the intention to send their children to boarding school - they should bring the child up islamically from the beginning because he/she may stay focused within the boarding school itself (and stay away from the fitnah insha'Allaah.)

There are kids there who mess about, but if they were brought up the right way, they wouldn't want to get involved insha'Allaah.. but if they weren't bought up islamically anyway - then they might follow the bad crowd within that school.

I think the main thing is that the child should love islaam from a young age to stay away from the fitnah and the bad crowd. Because they will have a true understanding of the deen and have the sweetness of emaan from a young age insha'Allaah. wa Allaahu a'lam.

Skillganon
11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
I am curiouse to what they teach in the boarding school. Do they teach how to read the Quran & not teach what it mean?

I will prefer islamic school than boarding school.

no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I am curiouse to what they teach in the boarding school. Do they teach how to read the Quran & not teach what it mean?

I will prefer islamic school than boarding school.
Salam!!

What they teach in boarding school??

Ohkay,obviously it all starts off from the lowest level going towards the higher ones......you take your exam at the end of each year if you pass it you go up!!If not repeat the year again !!!

From the thrid year on you start studying hadith along with fiq........the arabic grammer(you learn that in senior years aswel) etc.!!they be in arabic get translated in urdu and then explained in english!!!!

From the 4th year you start studying the quran (the tafsir) along with various of other kitaab invlving hadith i.e riyaaz saleheen....fiq kitaabs which are Usool Shashi.........Sharwaqayah.....and more!!!Same with the quran it bees in arabic gets translated into urdu and then the tafsir explained in english!!!

in the fith year you study a very known hadith kitab called Mishka'at along with fiq kita'abs............also a kitab called Jala'alein that is a kitab that expands the tafsir of the quran more!!

In the last year you study Bukhari .....abu daud.......and more kitaabs!!!

Hope that helped!!!!:)

Ferrari1981
11-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Salam!!
What they teach in boarding school??
Ohkay,obviously it all starts off from the lowest level going towards the higher ones......you take your exam at the end of each year if you pass it you go up!!If not repeat the year again !!!
From the thrid year on you start studying hadith along with fiq........the arabic grammer(you learn that in senior years aswel) etc.!!they be in arabic get translated in urdu and then explained in english!!!!
From the 4th year you start studying the quran (the tafsir) along with various of other kitaab invlving hadith i.e riyaaz saleheen....fiq kitaabs which are Usool Shashi.........Sharwaqayah.....and more!!!Same with the quran it bees in arabic gets translated into urdu and then the tafsir explained in english!!!
in the fith year you study a very known hadith kitab called Mishka'at along with fiq kita'abs............also a kitab called Jala'alein that is a kitab that expands the tafsir of the quran more!!
In the last year you study Bukhari .....abu daud.......and more kitaabs!!!
Hope that helped!!!!:)
WOW nicely put my friend used to study at Daruloom in Bury and he was saying though its an Islamic environment you can still mess about alot!

I dont know yet I did want my kids to go but Im still thinking out the solutions out there!

Thats a great outline of what they teach... boarding schools show independence and discipline but then islamic normal schools sent the child home so im not sure maybe its best to raise the child from the beginning via an islamic environment at home first that way its in their heart from the beginning alot of families these days practice culture first so you have to be careful whats culture and islam and isolate them from another...

read some of my many articles on this sort of environmental aspects of raising a child and the way parents should be also...

Pk_#2
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I think it all depends on the person and whether want go or made to go.
^^ DAT!

Skillganon
It sound's good. Why Arabic > Urdu > English. Why not cut the middle man out?

What about other subject matter's like English, Science, Math's, I.T, e.t.c?

Ferrari1981
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
It sound's good. Why Arabic > Urdu > English. Why not cut the middle man out?
What about other subject matter's like English, Science, Math's, I.T, e.t.c?
High school level islamic schools do teach the national curriculam as well as islamic topics!

why cut the middle man of URDU - URDU is the POLITEST language amongst the South Asian community so its vital you know this!

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
The question I want to ask people on LI is would you send your kids to Islamic boarding schools?
K, I'm gonna be dead honest... I only have one son and don't want more kids, so I could never bear to be apart from him, so no boarding school for him, unless I get a room too! I may reconsider when he's older.

Sunflower
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum

i went to both an islamic daily school and a boarding school and alhamdulilah it helped me to learn more about my deen. most islamic boarding schools in the uk that i know about teach islamic studies as well as the traditional sudjects e.g. english, maths, science. now i am at uni and those days at boarding school i enjoyed and from the things that people said to me in the past - no i was not a 'naughty' child and i managed to succed and am now in uni.!!!

i dont see no harm in it and i would consider it for my kids if i couldnt find anothe rbetter option for them.

Wasalamu-Alaikum

Skillganon
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
High school level islamic schools do teach the national curriculam as well as islamic topics!

why cut the middle man of URDU - URDU is the POLITEST language amongst the South Asian community so its vital you know this!
I don't know Urdu, so I must not be polite :uuh:

EDIT: I still think it is important to teach english, science and Math's from a young age.

no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM

Yah man!!!!:D ^^^^^

the reson why they make you learn urdo in the first place from the begining senior years, is that most kitaabs be in urdo ...not saying that they arent available in english.......but mostly it is out of respect ....... another reason is one has to face diffrent of people elder ones who maybe arent aware of english....urdo is a lnguage that is known by a huge number of people!!!

In my boarding we had some maulanas in the higher classes that werent too good with english and for most as said it is surely out of respcet.....Even the malunas that knew english yet spoke and taught in urdo!!!

Btw!If your wondering how maulanas MALE members thought???

It was done through a mic & speakers......there were baby links provided if incase the students didnt understand something!!!:)

AND YEP SECULAR EDUCATION IS BEEN TAUGHT........GCSES TO A-LEVEL AND MAYBE OPEN UNI DEPENDING WHO IS INTRESTED .........SO DONT WORRY YOUR NOT MISSING OUT ON AYNTHING!!!

Ferrari1981
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunflower
Assalamu-Alaikum
i went to both an islamic daily school and a boarding school and alhamdulilah it helped me to learn more about my deen. most islamic boarding schools in the uk that i know about teach islamic studies as well as the traditional sudjects e.g. english, maths, science. now i am at uni and those days at boarding school i enjoyed and from the things that people said to me in the past - no i was not a 'naughty' child and i managed to succed and am now in uni.!!! i dont see no harm in it and i would consider it for my kids if i couldnt find anothe rbetter option for them. Wasalamu-Alaikum
May I ask which Islamic school and boarding you went to!?

I don't know Urdu, so I must not be polite :uuh:
EDIT: I still think it is important to teach english, science and Math's from a young age.
They do silly... and URDU is amazing if you knew it :D what language do you speak?

Sunflower
11-16-2006, 07:05 PM
May I ask which Islamic school and boarding you went to!?

Jamia Al-Huda in Nottingham - have u heard of it?

no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum

i went to both an islamic daily school and a boarding school

Wasalamu-Alaikum
Salaam sister!!!

Can i ask what boarding school you attended ??:D

I'll tell mines l8a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D

Sunflower
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
^^^ i just said it in the post before yours sis!!!! so come on spill the beans which one did u go 2?

Ferrari1981
11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
A list of all Muslim Schools in the UK

Click Me!

See if your schools on here?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Jamia Al-Huda in Nottingham - have u heard of it?

Salam

yes my sisters currently studying there am sure u know her ..lol:D:D:D:D:D
on this forum i mean!!!!

i personally think am sure some peeps already said..depending on ones intention if they really want to study n gain knowlege etc..then alhamdulilallah very good! truely for the pleasure of Allah[swt] & no one else..but now adays ppl tend to get forced to go there..so their intention would be to go doss etc...

so i personly think yes in some schools the adaabh[manner] etc..is very good not all schools this is only hearing experiences from my siters school but with some..the teaching is very good!!..n in most cases they are both good like the one my cousin goes to in Lancaster cant remember what its called but ive got to say compared to my sisters one in Nottingham n the one in Lancaster i'd go for the one in Lancaster so would my sister lol!!!:D:D:D:D:D

wasalam

Sunflower
11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
A list of all Muslim Schools in the UK

Click Me!

See if your schools on here?
yeah the one that i went to is there

strider
11-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum

An interesting discussion.

Hmm.. Islamic boarding schools. I'm not sure. There are pros and cons to all teaching institutions which lay a greater emphasis on a particular ideology. I went to an Islamic school for the first five years of my secondary education and i'm still weighing up the pros and cons.

Pros:
*There is little to no conflicting opinions existing as everybody has the same faith in common. This could prove to provide a good learning environment.
*Greater emphasis is laid on Islam within the teaching curriculum giving pupils the opportunity to build on their faith.
*Little distraction

Cons:
*In entering such a 'closed' place far removed from real life, many students do not learn the vital skills needed to adapt well within society.
*Can lead to narrow-mindedness and brainwashing.
*Although most boarding schools provide excellent religious education, they tend to fall alittle behind on the secular subjects such as English, Maths and Science.

The schooling years are some of the most important years of a childs life and it is where they learn and build on their social skills and such like which are crucial for later life. Although i think parents do have a responsibility to teach children about Islam, a child knowing nothing else but the religion being shoved down their throats so to speak is unlikely to develop into a well rounded, well adjusted individual being tolerant of differences found within the wider society. When they come out of their instituations not having interacted with different people within society, what is to happen to them? That worries me. For this reason, i am not very keen on the idea of Islamic schools.

no1_outbider
11-16-2006, 10:25 PM
^^^ i just said it in the post before yours sis!!!! so come on spill the beans which one did u go 2?
Wasslaam!

Yah i know the one in nottingham too!!!One my mates went there!!!

Anyway i went to jamea-al-kauthar one in lancaster!!!:D My sister is currently a teacher over there!!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Wasslaam!

Yah i know the one in nottingham too!!!One my mates went there!!!

Anyway i went to jamea-al-kauthar one in lancaster!!!:D My sister is currently a teacher over there!!
salam

thats well cool..yeh once the students qualify they tend to teach there:D:D

my cousin is currently studying there she in here second yr...got 4more yrs to go!!!i think:D:D:D

wasalam

no1_outbider
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Whats her name my sister is maybe currently teaching her class LOL:D

Lets see whether or not shes a good girl :P

Musaafirah
11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
:sl:
If I had kids I wouldn't send them to a boarding school. It's just not right I guess, because the kids aren't in constant personal contact with their parents, and at such a young age, where they begin to detach from their parents anyway, the vital parent- child relationship just breaks up completely.
I guess, the reason for me saying this is because, the kids won't feel the need to answer to their parents any more. They'd probaby just do all the things their parents disapprove of.
However, having said that, I would send my kids to an Islamic School. I've been to one, and feel that my foundations have been strengthened to a degree Alahamdulillah. Fair enough you'll have the kids that mess about and fall in with the wrong crowd. But Alhamdulillah, I feel that I wouldn't be half the person I am today if I didn't go to one. For one thing, I probably wouldn't have had as much confidence in myself (But that's just my point of view!)
It depends on whether your parents provide you with a strong Islamic upbringing I guess, and not force it upon you, because i've seen in the cases where girls are forced to attend an Islamic School, they turn out worse than those who haven't attended one, and haven't had the upbringing, but perhaps I'm generalising?
Has anybody else here attended an Islamic School?
:w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Whats her name my sister is maybe currently teaching her class LOL:D

Lets see whether or not shes a good girl :P
salam

i think she'll kill me if i give u her name..she's older than me not younger !!!..same wit my sister they both same age..

how about u give ur sis name n i ask my cousin if she knows her...lol..:D :D

wasalam

no1_outbider
11-17-2006, 10:46 PM
LOL yah safe

My sisters name is Asmah (apa) LOL!!!

Ask her!! BTW you bengali ??:)

ill PM you the surname :D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
salam

LOLzzzz.....I THINK my cousin talked about heeerr mmmmhhmmhh...lol...
yes [apa] thats what they call there teacher...

yes am bengali...:D:D:D

eerm i dont when i will see her next lol..coz she's from London...coz Lancaster is nearer to Manchester she does come over to ours to stay..

so inshaAllah i will ask

wasalam

no1_outbider
11-17-2006, 10:56 PM
LOL cooolllllllll!!

I dont think theres any other Asmah apa currently in jamea!! Does your cousin know she from germany??

If so then yepsss thats my sister!!

Cool Ya bangla!!I got bare Bangla mates!!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 11:00 PM
salam...

lolzz..i will ask her am sure i heard that name...:D:D:D
woooww germany ....mashaAllah ..thats the good thing about jamia u get to meet all diff ppl from diff backgrounds!!!,...so nice i meet them lol when i got to meet my sisters friends in jamia...

good to hear u got loadsa bengali friends....:D:D:D;D;D

wasalam

-Shakirah-
11-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Jamia

I know few from there......

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL cooolllllllll!!

I dont think theres any other Asmah apa currently in jamea!! Does your cousin know she from germany??

If so then yepsss thats my sister!!

Cool Ya bangla!!I got bare Bangla mates!!
salam

my cousin was over asked her ..yes she knows ur sis..its her teacher...she teaches arabic right???:D :D

wasalam

habibah
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
hi please give me some feed backs on jameal al kauther as i am sending my daughter there,
reson why they make you learn urdo in the first place from the begining senior years, is that most kitaabs be in urdo ...not saying that they arent available in english.......but mostly it is out of respect ....... another reason is one has to face diffrent of people elder ones who maybe arent aware of english....urdo is a lnguage that is known by a huge number of people!!!

In my boarding we had some maulanas in the higher classes that werent too good with english and for most as said it is surely out of respcet.....Even the malunas that knew english yet spoke and taught in urdo!!!

Btw!If your wondering how maulanas MALE members thought???

It was done through a mic & speakers......there were baby links provided if incase the students didnt understand something!!!:)

AND YEP SECULAR EDUCATION IS BEEN TAUGHT........GCSES TO A-LEVEL AND MAYBE OPEN UNI DEPENDING WHO IS INTRESTED .........SO DONT WORRY YOUR NOT MISSING OUT ON AYNTHING!!![/QUOTE]

Whatsthepoint
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
when its uni time, you won't find a gender segregated one, at least not in Europe, so I guess it's better to get your children used to the mixed environment in the early years?

habibah
03-03-2009, 10:00 PM
salam to all my sistersplease give me any infromation on jameal al kauther,as i am sending my daughter therewhat is the school,teacher,study,food,friendlike i like to get much information,i would be very gratefulallah hafiz

habibah
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
salam sister please tell me more about this school as i will be sending my daughter ther soon

habibah
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Salam sisters,please tell me about jamea al kauther in lancaster if any sisters has been there and know how its like there,what are the teachers,food,etc..,as i am sending my daughter soon,please let me know allah hafiz

Musaafirah
03-06-2009, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
when its uni time, you won't find a gender segregated one, at least not in Europe, so I guess it's better to get your children used to the mixed environment in the early years?
Ummm...I find that it's all cool in the early years to be segregated and then if you want to go to uni, to go to a mixed college which kind of helps you prepare for uni. I've seen during secondary school years (I'm not generalising, just telling you what I've seen here...) some girls, not all, seem to lose confidence in themselves as they try and compete for the attention of dudes and dudettes..Have no idea why and sheesh have they become the most obnoxious, self-centred insecurest girls ever...BUT this does NOT apply to all girls who've been to a mixed secondary school...
Though, if you're a girl and you're brainy enough to get into St. Hilda's in Oxford, then it's all cool to go to segregated schools all the way, because it's just for girls..Though I'm not sure if they have the same sort of things for dudes here in the UK....

mwanasha
07-18-2009, 01:20 PM
asalam aleikum sister can u ls dvise of the best girls boarding schools(secondary)
jazakallahu khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.