/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cutting nails (sunnat way)

Pk_#2
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

ello people :D

Does anyone know the Sunnat way of cutting nails?

hehe diagrams will be useful :)

erm, And is there like a special day you have to cut them, cause this dudes like 'you never cut your nails at night, just in the morning of a friday' and i was like :rollseyes

Anyways Allah knows best!

Tc! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdur_Rahmaan
11-16-2006, 08:53 PM
If someone knows of anything from the authentic Sunnah on how the Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) cut his nails, then inform me.

As I cut mine, I use that which is easy—fingernail clippers. Allaah knows best if they (fingernail clippers) were available in the Prophet's time (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). We know of a hadeeth (narration) that if there were two ways, the Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would take the easiest one, unless it involved disobedience, then he would take the other way. And Allaah, the Most High, knows best.

The easiest for me is fingernail clippers. Also, I've seen a brother from Egypt cut his fingernails with a razor. I was scared for him that he'd cut his finger, but maa shaa Allaah, he did it.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-16-2006, 09:01 PM
salam

this is how i do it tought by my brothers...well its sunnah...

eerm ..right hand 1st start from ur index finger...to ur little finger..then start on ur left hand, starting from the little one so the thumb on your right is last...[lol..am probably not making any sense but u get the gist right??]

and with ur feet u start from the right feet little finger finishing on ur left feet cutting the little finger nail last!!!

basics if u have a copy of taleemul Haq it should say it there!!!

lol..oky am laughin now if u dont get it i'll explain thru msn!!..lol..

wasalam

abdur_Rahmaan
11-16-2006, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal
salam

eerm ..right hand 1st start from ur index finger...to ur little finger..then start on ur left hand, starting from the little one so the thumb on your right is last...[lol..am probably not making any sense but u get the gist right??]

and with ur feet u start from the right feet little finger finishing on ur left feet cutting the little finger nail last!!!

basics if u have a copy of taleemul Haq it should say it there!!!

lol..oky am laughin now if u dont get it i'll explain thru msn!!..lol..

wasalam

I take it that you're conveying this message to the questioner, maa shaa Allaah.

Nevertheless, where can taleemul haqq found?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
salam

You have a little finger on your feet lol

;D ;D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdur_Rahmaan
I take it that you're conveying this message to the questioner, maa shaa Allaah.

Nevertheless, where can taleemul haqq found?
salam.

Taleemul haaq found in any book stores u will find it bro..just ask ur local islamic stores...they dont cost much ..its basics and pretty good to to learn the basics of islamic teachings...

heres the link i havent been in it..but its on the book..www.islamic-bookcentre.co.uk hope that helped....

wasalam

abdur_Rahmaan
11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
lol... 'Eesa, stop akhee... stay on topic now...

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
You have a little finger on your feet lol

;D ;D
lol u know what i meaaan...thats why i was laughing...;D
because i couldnt explain it properly...

wasalm

Pk_#2
11-17-2006, 08:53 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

i get what ur saying!! lol yeah tis funny, but seriously, is that the sunnat way, and can you cut it anyday or on a certain day, and what time you should do it please! :)

Jazakhala all, except one :|

:D JKES

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 09:03 PM
salam

yees am sriouse that is how u cut ur nails...unless u thinkin sumat else..:rolleyes:
i dont know about what days n that lol..i heard it b4 but i dont know if thats true or not..i'll back to u on that once i asked my brother!!:D:D:D

wasalam

afriend
11-17-2006, 09:12 PM
That's a bangladeshi Sunnah! Don't cut ur nails at night or something bad will happen to you. It has bangladesh written all over it.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
^^^lol...yeeeh thats what i was thinking i dont think thats statement is true cutting ur nails at night badluck etc....

wasalam

learningislam
11-18-2006, 07:07 AM
:salamext:

Sis tasmiyah.......Sum-Muslim-Gal said the exact sunnah way to cut the nails.I read that in a hadith.....(I will add that when i find inshaAllah)

And yes, i read that the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaho alaihay wa aalaiyhee wa sallam) used to cut his nails on Friday morning....( as far as i remember, it was mentioned that he used to cut before taking ghusl...and then he prayed jumma)..

Just be patient...i will get you the hadith soon inshaAllah.( one of my friend has borrowed that book.......so i will soon let u know ..... :) )

:wasalamex

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 01:31 PM
salam

that'll be great if u give us a hadith..inshaAllah:D:D:D
yes friday is correct!!:D:D:D

wasalam

Pk_#2
11-18-2006, 08:53 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

aww jazakhala all,

Thanks Iqram, i don't believe in superstition, i was tinkin it was a bit dodgy,

thanks agen sumz

And i'll be waiting patiently 'Learning Islam' Thank you also :)

Make du'a i got exams ppl :D

WalaykumSalaam All Tc

learningislam
02-02-2007, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by learningislam

Sis tasmiyah.......Sum-Muslim-Gal said the exact sunnah way to cut the nails.I read that in a hadith.....(I will add that when i find inshaAllah)

And yes, i read that the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaho alaihay wa aalaiyhee wa sallam) used to cut his nails on Friday morning....( as far as i remember, it was mentioned that he used to cut before taking ghusl...and then he prayed jumma)..

Just be patient...i will get you the hadith soon inshaAllah.( one of my friend has borrowed that book.......so i will soon let u know ..... :) )

sis tas......i found this one...

"Abu huraira (ra) reported that rasulullah (saw) used to cut his nails and trim his moustaches on every friday before prayer " (Baihqi)

And the one highlighted in blue is not correct......ok

and the order is the same as above...... i read that in a book but they have not mentioned the hadith.

Thanks for being patient.. i know i posted real late :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.