/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Casts A Hex On Bush

north_malaysian
11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
BOGOR: A prominent Indonesian black magic practicioner yesterday joined protests against US President George W. Bush's visit, slaughtering animals as he cast a spell aimed at disrupting the stay.

The ritual by Ki Gendeng Pamungkas took place at a busy roundabout in this hill town which will host talks between Bush and Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhiyono on Monday.

Pamungkas said the ritual, which involved killing a snake, a black crow and a goat, deployed "Haitian-style voodoo because Indonesian black magic does not work on foreigners".

Smearing his face with a mixture of his own blood and that from the slaughtered animals into which broccoli and sugar cane was also cast, Pamungkas offered prayers to "Satan", who will bring disasters on Bush's visit.

"My curse will make him bloat like broccoli. Bush will feel unease during visit,"
he said.

Asked if he was confident the hex would work, Pamungkas said:

"I've put voodoo curses on white men in Indonesia before, and they all died." - AFP

Source: The Star, 17.11.2006, page W52

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one who finds this voodoo curse stuff slightly amusing?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-17-2006, 12:47 PM
lol i was actually watching as he done it, he slaughtered something and smeared the blood on his face. I found it hilariously disturbing ;D :uuh: <--- kind of like that

Woodrow
11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I personaly am very disturbed over any rituals that involve blood sacrifices and prayers to Shaytan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
11-17-2006, 01:39 PM
:lol:

This is exactly why my mother doesn't want my brothers to study in Indonesia ;D ;D

I find this hilarious though :)

KAding
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
No doubt the spell has had no effect whatsoever :).

Muhammad
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Greetings,

Let's not go too off-topic, please :).

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl:

I dont see the point of this :rollseyes

20:69 "...That which they have made is only a magician's trick, and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain."

:w:

Woodrow
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
On second reading I agree with you. Interesting bit of information. But, probably not really something that is not a World Affair.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.