/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Beliefs

chris4336
11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Hello, I'm very interested in Islam and have a question. I understand that Allah revealed the Quran to Mohamed through the Angel Gabriel. However, I'm wondering is Allah ever spoke with Mohamed besides the revelations of the Quran? If not, how is it that Mohamed had an advantage in interpretation of the Quran (ie: Hadiths)?

I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello Chris,

I moved your thread to the 'Discover Islam' section as this is perhaps a better place for you to ask questions about Islam. Note that threads in this section may not appear straight away because they need to be 'approved' by a moderator.

You will be getting an answer to your question soon, and please feel free to ask more!

Peace.

Umar001
11-17-2006, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chris4336
Hello, I'm very interested in Islam and have a question. I understand that Allah revealed the Quran to Mohamed through the Angel Gabriel. However, I'm wondering is Allah ever spoke with Mohamed besides the revelations of the Quran? If not, how is it that Mohamed had an advantage in interpretation of the Quran (ie: Hadiths)?

I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious :)
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

There are different types of 'revelation' as such, theres the first, straight up G-d speaks to you through the angel, then theres inspiration, this is I believe what those people that were not Prophets peace be upon them had.

Anyhow, Allah did speak to Muhammad in other than the revelation, such as the time when he went to the heavens and he asked Allah for number of prayers and so on, and angels came to him and spoke to him, such as the time when Muhammad was being stoned from a city and the angels came to him and said that if he wanted the angels could turn the mountains upon the city but Muhammad said no, as for the interpretation, he was a walking Qu'ran, describes one of his wives, and in explaining Islam he did not make mistakes and if ever did Allah corrected it straight away.

Muhammad
11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Hello Chris,

Further to the above, The Prophet's (peace be upon him) role was to explain the Qur'an and this role has been mentioned in the Qur'an many times, such as those listed in a post here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/328450-post2.html

It is also the case that the hadeeth were not from the Prophet's (peace be upon him) own opinion, but rather they were revealed to him by some form of inspiration. An important difference between the Qur'an and the hadeeth is that the Qur'an was revealed in its precise wording as well as meaning, but this is not neccesarily the case with hadeeth, which were revealed in meaning.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
proud_to_be_mus
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Peace,
even the hadiths are revelation

By the Star when it setteth,

Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived;

Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire.

It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,

Which one of mighty powers hath taught him, ''Gabriel''

(Quran : 53:1-5)

Hope you got it :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.