/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam in Quran/Sunnah vs. Reality ??

SumayyahAbid
11-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikom

As a revert to Islam, do you feel that the way Islam is being lived today is how you thought it would be when you read about theoretical Islam in books prior to reverting??? Sorry, no easier way to write that question! lol!

Are you disappointed in the difference between Islam, as it is supposed to be lived versus the way Muslims are living Islam??

For me, I am disappointed. One of the reasons I hated Christianity so much was because most Christians were only christian on Sunday. Now I can see the same thing with Muslims in Kuwait. They are only Muslim on Friday. The rest of the week young boys are chasing girls in the mall and the girls themselves are all dolled up in heavy make-up, tight clothes and of course the 'token hijab'.

What are your experiences???Thoughts? Solutions??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chris4336
11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I am interested in Islam and one of the big problems I've had is separating Islamic practices from cultural practices. I've actually heard the quote amoung reverts "Thank god I found Islam before I found the Muslims"

It is a shame how Islam is being practiced and I think it makes it a lot harder for us reverts/thinking about reverting to see the faith for what it truly is

Umar001
11-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Of course, as indivuduals we can be happy, I am happy in a sense that I do find peace in rememberance of Allah as the Qu'ran mentions, but collectivly, my peace is disturbed by the fact that I know my brothers and sisters are dying, and that the rest are being delluded into living a life which is totally contrary to Islam, so as a whole I'm not disapointed in the sense that I have not liked what I have found, but disapointed that I cannot help my brothers in implimenting the religion which they claim to be, disapointed and fastruated, but Islam helps a person to cope with that, Al hamdulilah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
My thoughts would be sis, to not completely look at the followers, but the Qur'an and Sunnah itself. What Allah(swt) has taught us and how to live our life. You will always find people like that. Some very close to the deen and some just straying away. Islam itself is perfect, but humans won't always be.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.