/* */

PDA

View Full Version : British muslims?

al_yaziya
11-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Hello,

Who here in this forum is actually from the UK and was originaly a christian or other, and has converted to islam? and why?

Thank you :)

:Mosque:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
11-18-2006, 07:13 AM
salams sis
i think dere's a 'how did u convert2islam' thread around here, there's a fair amoutn of uk bros/sis's in it might be worth lookn up :)

take care welcome2LI btw salamz :D

al_yaziya
11-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I cant find that thread.

I would like to know if anyone is a true true brit here and if they have converted?
I have recently converted to islam and i would like to know who else has and the reason that they chose to convert?

Thank you.

al_yaziya
11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
People look at this thread but dont reply..:(...Please reply...:(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
11-18-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm a born muslim... but check out this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...onvert+stories

Also, check out this website... they have lots of videos of converts ranging from kids who converted to really old people... all sorts of background and religions...

http://www.turntoislam.com/ (Recommend this site) :) Its lovely.

Also, there is a preist who converted to Islam... and now he has his own website... has lots of videos you can watch too...
http://www.watchislam.com/

If ya need some more stuff... just ask.

and lastly.... Welcome to Islam Sis :)

al_yaziya
11-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Than you :)

al_yaziya
11-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Id still like to know who is british though...

JanatAllah
11-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Al Salam Alaikum Sister Al_Yaziya,

I'm British and reverted to Islam. I wasn't exactly a practising Christian before, but my family are Christian with varying denominations and levels of belief.

Why I reverted? I say it was mainly Allah guiding me because I wasn't looking for religion nor was at all interested in Islam! I guess the main event which preceeded my reversion was a spur of the moment visit to Egypt during Eid ul Fitr about 4 years ago. I asked a few questions about what the people were celebrating and I returned home to read about it and woke up! Lol

Welcome to Islam and to the Forum.

Wa salam alaikum

Dawud_uk
11-21-2006, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_yaziya
Hello,

Who here in this forum is actually from the UK and was originaly a christian or other, and has converted to islam? and why?

assalaamu alaykum,

i am from Sheffield, uk and an a revert, formally of the religion 'non of the above' as i didnt really fit into any catagory.

i believed in one God, couldnt accept trinity or original sin as coming from a just God and believed that God had sent guidence but that it was corrupted. so i thought there was good in the bible and other books but couldnt but also help think there was a lot of man made crap in their also.

the Allah opened my eyes to Islam as the only non corrupted source of guidence and alhamdulillah i have been muslim ever since.

Assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

al_yaziya
11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
did anyone who converted change their name?

Skillganon
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello,

I know "Fishman" was not a muslim & reverted to Islam.

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

well am originally from U.S but came to U.K few years back && am a revert to Islam

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

DigitalStorm82
11-22-2006, 04:38 AM
did anyone who converted change their name?
It is better to be called by a name with good meaning.

If your christian or previous religion name has a good meaning... there is no need to change it...

However, it is always good to have a good Islamic name. But not a must... that is if your name has a good meaning.

limitless
11-22-2006, 05:27 AM
:sl:

Hey new sis :D . I am not a convert to Islam; I was born as muslim and I am Canadian ;D . Anyway, I guess insense i am a revert. As a warm Canadian style greeting is, Bienvenue à la soeur de l'Islam (Welcome to Islam sister). You will definitely enjoy Islam because it is limitless :shade: .

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.