/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how long do you sleep?

mohammed farah
11-18-2006, 01:36 PM
im just curious because im one of those short sleepers i manage about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night ,so how long do you sleep per night?:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 01:38 PM
salam

lol..weekends i sleeeeeeppp....weekdays lack of sleep...:D:D:D
due to overload of work to hand in........

wasalam

Mawaddah
11-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Hmmmmmm....

I sleep long hours :D

It depends though :) . Sometimes I hit the sack at 9pm and then wake up at 4:30am.

Or sometimes , usually when i'm studying or doing research etc. I sleep at 12 or 1 am and then wake up at 4:30 also :)

And I dont take naps duringst the day........How many take naps? Because it's sunnah to take a nap after Dhuhr time.

:w:

schoolmaster54
11-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Dear brother,
Sleeping long hours is not good for good people. About 8 hours' time is wasted during our sleep. Avarage man lives about 70 years. It means that we waste 20-25 years for nothing. We should sleep shorter and work longer. Fi amanillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by schoolmaster54
Dear brother,
Sleeping long hours is not good for good people. About 8 hours' time is wasted during our sleep. Avarage man lives about 70 years. It means that we waste 20-25 years for nothing. We should sleep shorter and work longer. Fi amanillah.
salam

exactly what my sheikh says mashaAllah ......

wasalam

schoolmaster54
11-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Thank you sister. I'm 52 and sleep shorter than the young do. about 5-6 hours a day. But babies sleep about 15-20 hours a day.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
salam

mashaAllah for that....
am still young and sleeeeeeep long!!!weekends mostly!!!

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Hmmmmmm....

I sleep long hours :D

It depends though :) . Sometimes I hit the sack at 9pm and then wake up at 4:30am.

Or sometimes , usually when i'm studying or doing research etc. I sleep at 12 or 1 am and then wake up at 4:30 also :)

And I dont take naps during the day........How many take naps? Because it's sunnah to take a nap after Dhuhr time.

salam

yes sunnah to sleep after dhur salah..and u not meant to sleep between asr n magribh salah..???

yes when am studying which i do mainly at night coz i can work better late...
i dont usally take napps duirng the day unless its been a looong day at college..

wasalam

Mawaddah
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal
salam

yes sunnah to sleep after dhur salah..and u not meant to sleep between asr n magribh salah..???

yes when am studying which i do mainly at night coz i can work better late...
i dont usally take napps duirng the day unless its been a looong day at college..

wasalam
No the sunnah is to sleep after Dhuhr Salaat. And it's called Qayloolah.Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Take a nap, for the shayaateen do not take naps.”Reported by al-Tabaraani.

I agree with the other brother that sleeping long hours is just a waste of time. We should try to spend more of that time in Qiyaam and such Ibaadah dont you think :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:37 PM
salam i know sis its sunnah to sleep after dhur salah :D:D:D

i was on about sleeping betwwen asr n margribh...

wasalam

MuSe
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
:sl:

I don't sleep long hours. First of all, I just can't.:) I tried when I was younger, but I always wake up automatically after 5 hours and most of the times it's impossible to get back to sleep.

I do not regret this fact, because as earlier said, sleep is a waste of time. Those are all hours that we could also gather knowledge... Insha'Allah I can continue doing this forever...

LUVAR
11-18-2006, 02:44 PM
On average i get seven hrs sleep each night i don't go back to sleep after fajr though so i go to sleep early

Angelzz
11-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I try to sleep as much as i can - apparently u lose weight when ur asleep, and i got some to lose LOL.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:51 PM
salam

isnt it the other way round u put on weight if u sleep alot???

wasalam

Angelzz
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
LOL i hope not!!!

mohammed farah
11-18-2006, 02:54 PM
as i study hard in IT i tend to finish my work at 12 to 1am and wake up about 5 but i dont have a nap after dhur i always have it after asr everytime i come back from college

MuSe
11-18-2006, 02:57 PM
No:) don't worry

You gain weight if you don't sleep enough.

Source: http://sleepdisorders.about.com/od/o...leepweight.htm

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:58 PM
salam

i think its ICT work overload that keeps u awake too much!!!..well for me yes...

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuSe
No:) don't worry

You gain weight if you don't sleep enough.

Source: http://sleepdisorders.about.com/od/o...leepweight.htm
salam

no waaaay .. i heard that u put on weight!!...lol..daarn!!!!!

wasalam

Angelzz
11-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Phew!!

Im going to go lose some weight ..... and sleep LOL Thank goodness i was right hey?

MuSe
11-18-2006, 03:02 PM
salam

no waaaay .. i heard that u put on weight!!...lol..daarn!!!!!

wasalam
wa salaam

:giggling: sorry sister but it's the other wau round, but I guess it can't be that extreme, because I don't sleep a lot and I never succeed in gaining weight although I could use it.:)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 03:03 PM
lol sis..i dnt need to loose weight so its ok!!!....sleep well!!!!

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuSe
wa salaam

:giggling: sorry sister but it's the other wau round, but I guess it can't be that extreme, because I don't sleep a lot and I never succeed in gaining weight although I could use it.:)
salam

me too!!!...its ok am fine!!..;D ;D

wasalam

Angelzz
11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
No sis but i could do with losing a couple LOL .... sad but true

MuSe
11-18-2006, 03:08 PM
salam

me too!!!...its ok am fine!!..;D ;D

wasalam

;D Yeah, a lot of people say it's hard to lose weight, but gaining weight is just as difficult;D Ah well, it's okay I guess, as long as there are no physical complaints because of it insha'Allah:)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 03:11 PM
^^^LOL true;D;D;D

no complains no problemo...!!!!..actually i do get complains from mum!!!lol

fat/slim who cares as long as ur living!!!!:D:D

wasalam

Angelzz
11-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Do you guys have any tips on how to recall your dreams in the morning. I always seem to forget the details of my dreams though i remember the general gist of them. Any Ideas?

DigitalStorm82
11-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I like my 10-12 hour sleep... but I usually get somewhere from 7-10 now.

MuSe
11-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Ah, our dear mothers:)( :wub: ) Mine also kind of stuffs me because she thinks I'm am too thin.:giggling:

learningislam
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
:salamext:

Some of you said....that u sleep less.......like 4-5 hrs.....and some said you get up yourself.....How do you do that?? coz i cant get up myself....

Is sleeping more.....genetic? Even if i eat less at night and sleep early.....i cant get up myself....and i really want to get up myself

:wasalamex

MuSe
11-18-2006, 04:30 PM

For me it was a matter of habit. I was (am) a very bad sleeper and throughout the years my body got used to it and now I automatically wake up after a couple of hours of sleep.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 04:33 PM
salam

what do u mean sis??..u cant get up yourself as in u need someone to call u to wake up...bro muSe am like that as well....but one u get in to a routine u get use to it:D:D..but am terrible lol...

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
Do you guys have any tips on how to recall your dreams in the morning. I always seem to forget the details of my dreams though i remember the general gist of them. Any Ideas?
salam

lol..i could never remember my dreams in the morning unless its something that totally freaks me out....then yeh...:D:D:D...but i doubt theres nothing wrong with remembering dreams...or is there:uuh: :uuh:

wasalam

Younus
11-18-2006, 05:11 PM

I would not like to reaveal how much I sleep. ;)
But I want to say that for an adult, minimum 6 hours of sleep is a must.

Aisha20
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
i sleep like 8 hours a day :D

Hijaabi22
11-18-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
im just curious because im one of those short sleepers i manage about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night ,so how long do you sleep per night?:)
hmmmmmmm there was a point when i just CUDNT sleep at all until 3am on da dot, dunno wat it was, maybe it had sumat 2 do wid wakin up at 2pm lol :p

but now me got maself sorted, try to sleep before 1am l8est, cant sleep b4 12 wake up at bout hmmmmm 8am or half 9ish dependin on uni days, so Id say I get enough sleep ....kinda...lol

strider
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM
On average, it's 8 hours for me.

Sal3ma 7
11-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I sleep like 7 hours..lol :D

Al-Zaara
11-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Average 8 hrs. But it happens a lot that it becomes just 6 hrs.
On weekends though 10 hrs or more. :D
But this is something I'm used to do, so if you try to sleep like 11 hrs on the weekends, when your normal is just 8, you'll probably feel very tired. Yes, tired.

Helena
11-18-2006, 09:32 PM
am a early sleeper in da weekdays ....sleep around 10 or half ten in da nite.....will wake up around seven in da morning...which is how long?

during the weekends...sleep late..around 12 or one,,,wake up pretty late...11....

Kittygyal
11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

couple of hours not much around 4-5 hours but suffering from pain!

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

peacechaser
11-19-2006, 10:12 AM

I've been told that 7 hours sleep will prevent us from lazyness. So that's what I'm trying to do right now

mohammed farah
11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacechaser

I've been told that 7 hours sleep will prevent us from lazyness. So that's what I'm trying to do right now

i sleep less than 5 hours a day and i dont become lazy it makes me become more alert if i have less sleep:giggling:

The Ruler
11-19-2006, 12:46 PM

12 hours weekends sometimes 14...half that weekdays...so 7-8 hours...:uhwhat...and yeah get a lot of lectures from my mum...shed start waking me up from 10 but end up waking 2 hours later

peacechaser
11-21-2006, 11:14 AM
i sleep less than 5 hours a day and i dont become lazy it makes me become more alert if i have less sleep

:confused: ... Maybe it depends on the person's daily activity

Malaikah
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM

I slept 9 and a half hours last night, woke up at 11 am. I so love holidays lol.

Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow we have some heavy sleepers here!! :eek:

I see lots of you peoples sleep laaaate on weekends.....For me it's just the opposite :-\
But alhamdulillah it's all good. I think it's good that my father trained us kids not to sleep after fajr. Instead we just do our Qur'an,islamic studies etc.

And then if we can, we take a little nap after Dhuhr, but since i'm working I obviously can't do that at my office now can I :D

But lastly, you shouldn't waste so much time sleeping!!

Malaikah
11-22-2006, 12:50 AM

hehe. True. I actually just realised it was more like 11 hours than 9.5. :X

But if I dont sleep enough then I'm less productive during the anyway (I'm one of those people who really needs to have her sleep). So whats the point of waking up early then spending like a few hours trying to wake up? :?

subzero
11-23-2006, 01:05 AM
9 hours minimum.

north_malaysian
11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
I always sleep from 10.00 PM - 6.00 AM including weekends.

So I have 8 hours of sleep everyday.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-23-2006, 07:36 AM
I always feel sleepy whenever I face some problem...I hope this is somekind of help from my Rabb to make me calmer :D .
Ooh I think I sleep too many :cry: especially when Im busy whole days...the tiredness just...exhausted I think.
I remember our scholar syaikh Muhammad bin Sholeh Al Uthaymeen rahimahullah :cry: . It has been narrated by Muhammad ibn ‘Abdil-Jawwaad as-Saawee:

“Once the Shaykh was invited by one of the charity organisations in Jeddah, and the meeting prolonged into the night, close to one o’clock in the morning; and it was not the habit of the Shaykh to remain awake like this. It was noticeable that he was overcome with exhaustion and tiredness and it was evident he needed sleep, so we returned to the house where the Shaykh was staying, and we entered and fell asleep right away.

In the middle of the night, at about 3:30(am), after we had been sleeping for about only two hours – since we fell asleep at about 1:30 – I noticed the sound of the Shaykh reciting in prayer; and this at a time when he was desperately in need of sleep and rest, (yet) he was standing before his Lord praying.”

Subhanallah, where are we compared by shalihin? :cry:

I think thats why my ustadh ever told us that he once had a dream. He said in his dream he met syaikh Al Allamah Abdul aziz bin BAzz and syaikh Uthaymeen rahimahumullah, and then theyre in jannah. And then my ustadh asked them "where is syaikh Albani?" and then one of them said "still in 'iliyyin".

:cry: Surely lot of sleep will give us a great lost, cause in akheerah we will just stun seeing all the muslims who pray qiyam at night accept lot of rewards from Allah and enter jannah from the door of qiyamul lail

Younus
11-23-2006, 12:50 PM

Does anyone here sleep in the afternoon as well?

MuSe
11-23-2006, 05:44 PM

In the afternoon? That would mean during the lessons? It happens;D

H@fiz Aziz
11-29-2006, 02:36 AM
4-5 hrs cause i prayer 5 times a day but i prayer long

Abdul-Raouf
12-24-2006, 07:43 AM
ONLY MUSLIMS SHOULD REPLY FOR THIS THREAD...

how many hours u sleep per day..

mention both working day and holiday separately..

and do u sleep after break fast(before Zuhar).. and after lunch(between Zuhar and Asar)...????

Curious girl2
12-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Not long enough! But then I have 2 severely hyperactive kids who dont sleep well. If they are awake then I have to be awake to prevent chaos! I dont think I have had an undisturbed nights sleep in 11 years, but if I am really tired I will try and have a nap in the afternoon when they are at school. School holidays at the moment though.......... :exhausted

Ansariyah
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
5 hours

sirajstc
08-31-2008, 02:13 PM
sorry 8 hours no subah

Soulja Girl
08-31-2008, 02:16 PM

8 hours, 10 in holidays! :D

DAWUD_adnan
08-31-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm glad, I've been sleeping longer lately, I used to sleep 5 hours a day, I felt like dying :s

Now, I sleep 8 to 10 hours a day and feel so good.

------
08-31-2008, 02:32 PM
:salamext:

Depends on how tired I am

Pk_#2
08-31-2008, 05:22 PM
All the time. =( I'm always exhasted, I just go to the loo and I get tired, even before I do my business.. ='(

BlackMamba
08-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I sleep A LOT. lol It feels so good to just sleep and forget about all your stress and problems.

Güven
08-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Too Much Sleep Makes Me Tired The Whole Day , dunno Why

*Marwah
08-31-2008, 06:45 PM
me i sleep at 1.00 but i supuse to be in bed at 11.00 and just after reading Quraan untill 12.00 or 12.30 AFTER.. i listen to islamic stories then sleep and wake up for fijir and praying, then go back to sleep and wake up 1.00 :D

TOTAL SLEEP: 12HRS

*Marwah
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Sleeep.... Zzzzzzz ..sleeep enough till i get my energy:D much much feelss
mee happy and Ready to do anything hehe:bump:

*Marwah
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM

Tania
08-31-2008, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
ONLY MUSLIMS SHOULD REPLY FOR THIS THREAD...
Why :? Non-muslims are sleeping too. :-[

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
08-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Well I sleep about eight-nine hours usually on schooldays, holidays weekends about unleast 11 hours. I never knew it was sunnah to sleep after Zuhr.. JazakAllah for sharing! However hard I try to get to sleep I always fall asleep in tghe hours from 11 - 1.. I dunno why. Today I'll try to get to sleep as soon as possible, after Taraweeh. I have school tomorrow:(. Make Dua for me.. that I get through the boring hours of school. And InshAllah I will be fasting!(Last year my parents said I was to small to fast so I onley kept about 15, this year InshAllah I'll be keeping All of them.) I'm really looking forward to Ramadhan. Ramadhan Mubarak to all!

Mikayeel
08-31-2008, 08:07 PM

To feel good I need atleast 8 hours of sleep, if I sleep more than 13 hours then it will make me tired for the rest of the day.

If i sleep 5 hours or less, I will be very moody and slow to react all day.

:w: wa ramadaan kareem

mohammed farah
08-31-2008, 08:50 PM
2 years on and I can't believe this thread is still going ;D

Na7lah
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Too Much Sleep Makes Me Tired The Whole Day
if i get more then 6 hours of sleep i get so lazy and exhausted

ayan333
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM

SubhanALLAH..i really dnt even sleep anymore,like last week i woke up at 4 the 3 the 2 n then 12..SubhanALLAH..i thought it ment something but ALhamduliah it didnt keep up

i wake up to go to school at 5 am so sometime i wake up at 2,3,4 and dnt go back to sleep..idk y but i jus cant sometimes

but when i do sleep,Alhamdulilah its the best

Fishman
08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Abdul Manan's Gardens of Sunnah states that there is research that suggests that people who sleep more have higher mortality rates, and that it is perfectly safe to sleep 6-7 hours.

BlackMamba
08-31-2008, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

SubhanALLAH..i really dnt even sleep anymore,like last week i woke up at 4 the 3 the 2 n then 12..SubhanALLAH..i thought it ment something but ALhamduliah it didnt keep up

i wake up to go to school at 5 am so sometime i wake up at 2,3,4 and dnt go back to sleep..idk y but i jus cant sometimes

but when i do sleep,Alhamdulilah its the best

You wake up at 2 whoa! Sometimes I go to sleep at 2.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.