/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I Normal?

AnonymousPoster
11-18-2006, 07:47 PM
:sl: I dont know if this right or wrong but well here it goes, I am very strict when it comes to food. I have like a little obession with it.
I am always on a diet even though my doctor says my weight is fine.
Yesterday I had 4 slices of pizza, I feel like I let myself down so I punished myself by not eating nothing today..My mum found out and had a go at me, It makes sense, if you over eat one day then is common sense not to eat the next, isnt? I dont know why i am even typing this but i always though this was a nomal way of thinking till my friend and mom freaked out:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
wattttttttttttttt!!! u went a whole dat widout eatin cos u had wat an extar slice of pizza yday?! man u r bein wayyyyyyyyyy 2 harsh on yaself, I mean yh sure watch ya figure n dat but EAT 2 MAN!! and if da doc says ur weight is fyn then wat is up wit u?!! lol

strider
11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
That isn't 'normal' behaviour. It isn't normal to starve yourself nor is it a crime to treat yourself to alittle bit more now and then.

MT2
11-18-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:It makes sense, if you over eat one day then is common sense not to eat the next, isnt?
:sl:

No it is not. If you deprive yourself from food, you will be harming your body in ways that may not be apparent to you now. Just eat a little today, perhaps fruits & vegatables and some dairy product(s).

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
:sl:

No, it is not normal to over eat one day and punish yourself the next day by not eating at all. That is also the sign of an eating disorder, where a person eats too much one day, and then goes with barely eating a few days or so. Generally, that person will be within the average weight expected of their height and age, but they still have health problems from the fact that their eating patterns are unhealthy.

That said, I don't think your eating more that day can even be considered over eating, even though you're considering it as such. Go easy on yourself, and look after your health. :)

Al-Zaara
11-18-2006, 08:05 PM
^ Everyone above are right.

It's not normal and you make sure you change how you think, because if not, your health will change drastically.

It's never right to think "I ate too much today so tomorrow I'll eat less, to make things 'fair' ".
What about those who have so little food to eat? They wish they could eat more and more everyday. Never would they eat less, 'cause they appreciate food as what it is: something that keeps you alive and healthy.

If you're hungry, make sure to feed yourself.

JanatAllah
11-18-2006, 08:51 PM
:sl: I dont know if this right or wrong but well here it goes, I am very strict when it comes to food. I have like a little obession with it.
Yesterday I had 4 slices of pizza, I feel like I let myself down so I punished myself by not eating nothing today..My mum found out and had a go at me, It makes sense, if you over eat one day then is common sense not to eat the next, isnt? I dont know why i am even typing this but i always though this was a nomal way of thinking till my friend and mom freaked out:w:
Salam,

I think you should see your doctor about this because it sounds serious. The fact that you have convinced yourself there is nothing wrong with it is even more worrying. I'm not a dietician/nutritionist whatever, but there are recommendations for how many calories you should have per day.

From NHS website:

The recommended daily calorie intake varies depending on how old you are. For the average adult this is about 2000 per day (women) and 2500 per day (men). These calories should be made up of foods from the main food groups.If you're trying to lose weight you could start by eating 500 less calories per day. This should help as long as your diet is well-balanced and you're getting lots of exercise.The recommended daily calorie intake is different for children, pregnant women and older people. See your GP for advice.

I have also seen and heard numerous recommendations that you should actually eat 5 times per day. Yes 5!!

1. Breakfast (even if only fruit)
2. Light snack at around 11ish (Fruit, yogurt etc)
3. Proper lunch: chicken, vegetables, rice,potatoes, pizza, 5 course meal (whatever!)
4. Light snack around 4 or 5
5. Light Dinner (it's not good to eat heavy food before sleeping, hence the bigger meal is at lunch time)

This is why women who try to starve themselves while dieting actually sometimes gain weight! When you starve the body it will hold onto the fat in your body or something like that because it doesn't know when you will feed it next. Eating little and regularly helps your metabolism and will balance your weight.

You should also eat approximately 5 pieces of fruit and vegetables per day and drink lots of water.

Exercise also and you should have no worries about putting on weight.

Mostly don't torture yourself, your doctor told you that your weight is fine, so listen to him/her. If you're being influenced by media attempts to enforce their idea of the ideal weight/figure, then please don't buy into it! As long as you are not obese and in danger health wise, be happy with and love yourself.

Maybe you would like to read about the Brazilian Model Ana Carolina Reston who died recently at 21 years of age.. she was anorexic and developed kidney failure. Beautiful body before and then this: http://port.pravda.ru/img/idb/anorexia4.jpg

Please take care of yourself and start to eat properly!

AnonymousPoster
11-18-2006, 09:21 PM
:sl: Does the media influence me? Yes i am not going to lie i want the whole tiny waist long face small arms petite figure. I understand with that you guys said but my friend said is ok as long as you drink a lot of juice.:w:

GARY
11-18-2006, 09:27 PM
If you often to not eat for long periods, what happens is your body will go into storage mode. What this means is, you will in fact be 'more" likely to gain weight. When you do eat, your body will want to store those calories in preparation for the next period of no food.
It is better to eat smaller portions of healthy food more often. This way, your body will be trained to use calories as needed from a readily available supply, with less need for storage.
Storage = fat cells

JanatAllah
11-18-2006, 09:45 PM
:sl: Does the media influence me? Yes i am not going to lie i want the whole tiny waist long face small arms petite figure. I understand with that you guys said but my friend said is ok as long as you drink a lot of juice.:w:
Ya Okhti,

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? Believe me not all women can have the tiny waist. Some women are just not built that way! There is no use trying to kill yourself to get it!

Believe me sister you need to find a way to love yourself the way you are. Didn't you look at the link of the Brazilian Model? Did you see where the media got her? I wonder how the photographer could live with him/herself! I would have taken her to the nearest doctor and to have a good meal rather than take pictures of her... she was clearly sick!

Your friend saying it is ok if you drink a lot of juice is misguided! Especially if it's not even fresh juice but juice with lots of sugar. Gary in the last message gave a good explanation of what happens when you don't eat.

I hope you will do the right think sister and good luck :)

GARY
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I have given this some more thought, and feel it is important enough to comment further. Many young ladies harm themselves this way. I feel it necessary to persuade you to take care of yourself.
JanetAllah posted some important thoughts about the importance of self-esteem, and is exactly right, this most important. Eating right and feeling good about yourself need to come first.
But I know the reality is that when you are faced with the life you are living, and the insecurities you face, you will think "how does he know what happens when you don't eat". You will doubt what I say, because you are preoccuppied with your self-image. I understand that.
So, I will do something I don't like to do on this forum (or on the internet), and share a little about myself, to clarify my qualification to speak about health and fitness.
I have a lengthy past as a health and fitness advocate, I have been known in the past as an extreme fitness enthusiast. I speak from experience and knowledge when I say, if you want an attractive figure, then concentrate on your health first, and fitness. If you concern yourself with these things instead of what you look like, your looks will naturally follow.
A healthy fit body, is an attractive body. A starved malnurished body is not.
If you are fit and healthy, your mind will be sound and you will be happy, this will show in your face. If you are malnourished and hungry, depression will haunt you, and this will show in your face.
If you desire to be attractive, then take care of your health.

Hijaabi22
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
tiny waist??? trrrrrrruuuuuusssssttttt me girl, I have a tiny waist, Im a size 6-8 n I FEEL LIKE SCREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN NN when I cant find clothes that fit me, if anythin Id luv to PUT ON weight, SO GIRL BE GR8FUL 4 WAT U HAVE N AS 4 DA MEDIA INFLUENCIN YA, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OH WHYYYYYYYYYY WUD U WANNA LUK LIKE THE LIKES OF VICTORIA BECKHAM?!!!:heated: :heated: :heated:

chacha_jalebi
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
salaam

elo ello anony :D:D

now now whats wrong with havin 4 slices of pizza :D you should have 6 :D and keep lookin @ ovas pieces until they feel guilty and giv it to you :D:D:D

Allah (swt) gav us a stomach so we could fill it, preferably with 1/3 with water, 1/3 food, 1/3 air :D as it says in hadiths :D

so eat in moderation, by not eatin your not gona help yourself, cos when you start eatin, your body will crave all the things again. when someone goes on a diet, they dont give up all the food all of a sudden they gradually giv it up, so if you dont eat for 1 whole day your body wont be used to dat, and it will make up for it when u do eat, so ur most likely to eat more :D

:D:D if d doc says your weight is fine, then woo hoo :D:D:D jus b kool on yaself:D and dont go to extremes :D:D:D as RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) said in hadiths :D

Hijaabi22
11-18-2006, 11:04 PM
loooooooooool at ya chacha jalabi!!

chris4336
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I agree with the above posters that this is dangerous behavior. Most ofter an obsession with food really has Nothing to do with food, rather as a way of dealing with low self esteem and other issues in ones life.

I'm not quite sure of the rules on posting links but this site http://www.somethingfishy.org has very very good resources for people with eating disorders. There are great message boards as well.

AHMED_GUREY
11-19-2006, 03:40 AM
First LOOOL at chacha jalebi:D

ok Sis (i'm assuming your a girl) sorry if i'm wrong :hiding:

the best way to get over this bad habbit is to eat multiple times

around 7+ times a day

and i mean small small small meals

breakfast is the most important of all

then eat small things every two hours

that way you keep your energy level up plus your healthy

i don't know wether your are a...

Ectomorph( hardgainer,lightly build, you can eat as much food as you want but nothing happens)

Mesomorph(Medium gainer,Athletic, gains fat more easily than ectomorphs)

Endomorph(easygainer,weight loss takes more time but musclegain is as fast as the Mesomorph)

try to figure out wich one you are and i will expand on it...

salaam

lolwatever
11-19-2006, 07:04 AM
lol the answer is obvious... by that logic i should stuff myself with food today and not eat for a forntight :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.