/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering

yusuf musa
11-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Assalamuwalaykum

i have astutter adn it makes me go crazy. i hate because it prevents me from getting my message across. Fot example im somali and every time im speaking somali to my grandma its like the words wont come out. it is extremly embarrissing becasue when i talk with my parents or meet adn talk with other somalis, cant even get the words out. made alot of dua to allah. i dont know what the cause of it is. even when i speak english the same thing happens. the doesnt come up when i am speaking loudly or delivering a message in front of alot of people.

does anyone know what causes stuttering and what ways to prevent it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
May Allah make it easy for u bro, i don't know what the causes are, i thought it was genetic :?
Musa alayhi salaam also had difficulty in speaking and in the qur'aan it shows us that fir'aun would took the mick out of him becaus of it "wa la yakado yobeen" and he can't even make himself clear. (surat ghaafir)
Also the one that yatata'ta (stammers) has more reward than the one that is fluent when reciting the qur'aan, insha Allah khayr bro, everyone is tested in one way or another...

wassalaam

- Qatada -
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
:salamext:

Qur'an 20:25

Qala rabbi ishrah lee sadree

[Musa (Moses)] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

20:26

Wayassir lee amree

"And ease my task for me;

20:27

Wahlul AAuqdatan min lisanee

"And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Musa (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an infant]. [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. 16, Page 159].

20:28

Yafqahoo qawlee

That they may understand my speech.

http://quranicrealm.com/viewverses.php?q=20&langs=393

MuSe
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
:sl: brother

Here (http://www.stutteringhelp.org/Default.aspx?tabid=17) you can find some information on the causes of stuttering. Speech therapists can help you with this problem insha'Allah. There are some ways to change the way you breathe, so you can control the stutter. I even know some people who stuttered a lot and now you can't hear a thing. They speak as fluently as everyone else.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JanatAllah
11-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Al Salam Alaikum Yusuf Musa,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these problems with your speech. I can imagine how hard it must be for you when trying to communicate and make yourself understood.

I don't know the cure for it and from what I understand there is no clear reason for it.. it could be as a result of stress.

Have you tried to see a speech therapist? Maybe they could advise you of some exercises to do. One of my aunts used to stutter and my Grandmother would say it was because she was talking to fast, she was to take a deep breath before speaking and slow down. Last time I spoke to her I don't remember her stuttering! :)

Your profile says you are you are in Toronto so you could try this organisation: http://www.speechfoundation.org/SC.htm I hope they can help!

chacha_jalebi
11-18-2006, 11:50 PM
salaam

wag1 :p

you can use this dua

Rabbi ishrah li sadri, wayassir li Amrii, wah lul uqdatan min lisani, yafqahu qawlii

from surah taha :D its wat Hadhrat Musa (as) said before talkin as he stuttered :D:D inshallah ya will be okie dokie

hope dat helps

~Stranger~
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
:sl: brother,

i have a course in college about Stuttering and how to help ppl. have u asked for a proffesional help from ppl working in cpmmunication disorders in ur country?? insha'allah theyll be able to help u but the most important thing- do not feel down because of that coz it will make it worse.

yusuf musa
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Assalamuwalaykum

alhamdullah, its beautiful to see muslims going out of their way to help me with my problem. subahan allah. jazakallahu khayr brothers and sisters. its surprising to me that Nabi Musa alayhis saalam had the same probelm. subhan allah. my problem is that even when i take my time or speak in somali in a nice and calm way its like i cant get my message across properly. its the same when i was young at madrassa. but for sure inshallah i will try to get help for my problems.

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

oh pete from big brother has it aswel i know it's pretty hard i mean i have a lisp can't prounounce certain letters && at times things come out which shouldn't have even though i don't mean to say it, but remember what ever Allah subahnwatallah gives be proud just turn to Allah subhanwatallah he will cure us inshallah :)

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Umar001
11-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I sometimes stutter, I dont know why, and it makes me worry, its so wierd.

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I sometimes stutter, I dont know why, and it makes me worry, its so wierd.
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

go to your doctor then && find out the matter, before it's too too late

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Fishman
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yusuf musa
Assalamuwalaykum

i have astutter adn it makes me go crazy. i hate because it prevents me from getting my message across. Fot example im somali and every time im speaking somali to my grandma its like the words wont come out. it is extremly embarrissing becasue when i talk with my parents or meet adn talk with other somalis, cant even get the words out. made alot of dua to allah. i dont know what the cause of it is. even when i speak english the same thing happens. the doesnt come up when i am speaking loudly or delivering a message in front of alot of people.

does anyone know what causes stuttering and what ways to prevent it?
:sl:
Stuttering is really annoying. Whenever I get involved with class debates (today it was liberal reforms in history and immigration in pshce) I usually repeat my point about five times, which makes me look like a moron. Battling class neo-nazis is hard if you have a nervous stutter.

DigitalStorm82
11-22-2006, 04:46 AM
My friend had a stutter problem...

He told me something which he used to do that pretty much cured him of stuttering.

Whatever you stutter on... say it 500 times... next time you stutter on it again... say it again 500 times... whatever it is...

According to my friend... repetition worked for him...

Also there are online tips available... simple ways to improve your speech.

Just needs practice. May Allah make this life easy for us Inshallah.

W'salaamz

Muezzin
11-22-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~
:sl: brother,

i have a course in college about Stuttering and how to help ppl. have u asked for a proffesional help from ppl working in cpmmunication disorders in ur country?? insha'allah theyll be able to help u but the most important thing- do not feel down because of that coz it will make it worse.

Yeah, I think the best course of action would be to see a speech therapist. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.