/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will Power

JanatAllah
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Al Salam Alaikum to all,

How do you build willpower? Like if you need to study hard for an exam, but would rather go out, you need to lose weight, but you love cakes, you must pray, but you feel lazy... keda yaani.

What methods can you use to push yourself to do what's a must?

Do you focus on it 100% until you do it?
Scare yourself with thoughts of what will happen if you don't?
Ask a friend to be a mentor for you?

What do you do?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
its all bout having the own strength, like what you put in is what you get out :D

if u wana b in the high ranks of jannah, then you have to like put in the effort of prayin, givin charity, doin good, like the sahaba mashallah, they used to rush to do good, any good deed:D

jus remem what you wana achieve and make it ur goal, focus on it 100000% and know the effort you put in, you will get it back inshallah :D:D

JanatAllah
11-19-2006, 12:22 AM
JazakAllah Khayr Bro,

What you said is true.. I envy the sahaba wallah.

I guess the same determination you use to do the right things in Islam for Allah can be used to do things which are not necessarily for Allah, but may Insha'Allah have some effect in a round about way .... not making full sense I know ;D I just need some Will Power :rollseyes

Salam

(By the way, everytime I see your signature it makes me laugh ;D )

Younus
11-19-2006, 06:47 AM
:sl:

The Difference Between Dreams And Accomplishments Is Purely Desire. inshaaAllah.

Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
11-19-2006, 12:38 PM
:sl:

try this...

beat yourself up if you dont do it...

nah only kidding...not allowed that in islam anyway..

but i get pushed from my mum...and think of what would happen if i dont do it...and will power...well i cant be a loser to myself can i :D:D:D

uknown blade
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Just remember: skill is nothing,will is everything

JanatAllah
11-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Thank you for the replies. Younus and uknown blade your replies were somewhat philosophical, do you have any practical methods?!

+*Glacier*+ sometimes I wish I had someone to push me to do things, but I don't live with my family nor even close to them. I kind of have to rely on myself for the pushing, but you know what that can be like :rollseyes

I know that making dua can help, because then Allah can help you to have the will you need. I was wondering if there was any other methods that people use when they need will power for something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.