/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Global Peace & Unity 2005 (Audio)

Al-Hanbali
11-18-2006, 11:54 PM
:sl:

The Global Peace & Unity event is an annual family entertainment extravaganza organized by the Islam Channel. Its aim is to give Muslims the oppurtunity to enjoy themselves and provide a platform for them to learn more about their religion.

By the Grace of Allah (SWT) the innaugral Global Peace & Unity event on 4th Decmber 2005 passed off successfully. The event was unprecedented in scale. More than 25000 people gathered under one roof to take part and thousands more watched the proceedings on TV and the Internet.

If you missed the show or would like to relive the moments then here's your chance to hear it again in all its glory. The Islam channel has produced a special set of DVD's so that you can enjoy and share the highlights of the day with freinds. However, I could not upload the DVD's so instead I have uploaded the highlights in audio format. :)

CD 1 - Download/Listen

Kamal Uddin - Recitation of Qur'an

Kamal uddin - Nasheed

Kamal Uddin - Nasheed

Mohammed Ali - Speech

Yahya Hawa - Nasheed

Yahya Hawa - Nasheed

Asghar Bukhari - Speech

Yasir Qadhi - Lecture

Brother Dash - Poem

Brother Dash - Poem

Brother Dash - Poem

Dr. Daud Abdullah - Speech

Iqbal Sacranie - Speech

Simon Hughes - Speech

Tariq Ghafoor - Speech

Dawud Wharnsby Ali - Nasheed

Sadiq Khan - Speech

Lord Falconer - Speech

Yahya Hawa - Adhaan

I will inshallah post the rest of CD 1 later :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I dont think brother Yasir Qadhi even considers himself a scholar, This thing looks very erm, i dont know the word, the only reason i'd go is to maybe listen to Yasir Qadhi.

Boy, imagine if each of those 25000 people just sent their money instead of having this thing, dang that'd be a whole lot of money.

Eric H
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Dhul-Fiqhar; thank you for providing the links.

I have listened to a number of speeches from the unity conference. I was most impressed by Tariq Ghafoor, the highest ranking Asian police officer, he was very community minded and was in contact with people of other faiths.

The person who impressed me the most was Simon Hughes, his message was one of interfaith sharing, he gave a powerful speech.

I was troubled by a couple of speakers, Dr. Daud Abdulah and Iqbal Sacraine,

Unity needs a motivation behind it and I believe that has to be community based. We share communities with people of many faiths and somehow we need to build relationships and friendships working for justice and peace for each other.

If communities can work together doing charitable deeds, fighting, poverty, helping the sick, disabled, the elderly and disadvantaged. If we can do these kind of things for each other we will have no barriers between our faiths.

If the greatest gift a Muslim can give me is the freedom and peace to follow my Christian faith, then maybe I should grant people of other faiths the same gift.

In the spirit of striving towards a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Helena
11-19-2006, 09:24 PM
shukran for sharing this lil bro...

last yer i missed kamal uddins performance from the beginning...i got the chance to listen/view it again...alhamdulilah....:)

erm u shudve added dr zakir naik sppech...or did u?...that was the best overall..proper woke me up....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
11-19-2006, 10:09 PM

Yh I'll add that too insh'allah.

That was the last speech and is from CD 2 so sorry sis, dont expect it to be posted here anytime soon.

Umar001
11-20-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
shukran for sharing this lil bro...

last yer i missed kamal uddins performance from the beginning...i got the chance to listen/view it again...alhamdulilah....:)

erm u shudve added dr zakir naik sppech...or did u?...that was the best overall..proper woke me up....
Meaning you were asleep?

Helena
11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Meaning you were asleep?
LOL....nooo....

i meant it made sense to me...as he spoke more of islam linking to the quran and other holy books...

other lectures were boring to tell you the truth..more of politics.....

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

subhnallah shukran love thy Adha'an && also Qura'an mashallah they both read it very nice :)

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

The Ruler
11-26-2006, 03:39 PM

why cant i download them :?

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.