/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can you remember

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 01:02 AM
how your parents first told you about God??

or your earliest memory

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I used to say the 'Our Father..' prayer everynight, and also when I went africa we used to sing hymms each night because of Grandma and Grandad. And there was a famous song about Jesus peace be upon him which they sang and my Grandma used to sing it with my name in it, so it was 'specially for me'

Nawal89
11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
I remember when i was real young, my mother telling me that I could ask Allah for anything at anytime, Since then i started making dua. That was when i was around 4 i think... I remember it made me feel so small but nice at the same time.

Umm Yoosuf
11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't re-call my parents telling me about Allah perhaps I heard the people saying things about Allah e.g Allah is everywhere, Allah is All Mercy, Allah is the One who Protects etc but I don't think my parents ever sat with me for even a good few mintues and told me about Allah according to Quran and Suunah. They were too busy with war etc or lacked knlowdge themselves subhan Allah. This is the case with many Muslim today. We simply do not know about Tawheed!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
11-20-2006, 01:15 AM
As Salaamu Alykum,

Interesting topic Akhee,

Hmm..One story i remember My Mother tellin' us about Allah was :about these three boys who's Father gave them a sweet each, He told them to go and eat somewhere no-one can see you...
so they All hid...etc

Moral of the story: Allah's everywhere , All-Seeing!!...

My Mother used to tell us alot of stories about Allah, the prophets, the companions..etc
but SubhanAllah everytime the shaytaan would make me fall asleep!! :-\

Younus
11-20-2006, 06:50 AM
teaching to say the kalimah 'LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH' meaning 'There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah'

Umu 'Isa
11-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I first heard about God when I was about 6 or 7 years old in school. It was in a catholic scripture class. My teacher taught us how to pray with rosemary beads, and she read the bible to us and sung songs about Jesus to us etc.

Angelzz
11-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I remember when i was young and when i was a naughty little girl, mum used to scare me saying that "Babba Allah" will be mad with me if i didnt do what she said LOL.

Snowflake
11-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Sadly I don't have any early memory of being told about Allah, except singing hyms at school. God is love..He is care.. tending each everywhere.. :)

But my first real step towards knowing Allah was when I did itkaaf in Ramadhan when I was 15. I wouldn't say it was the deepest experience. That came later (at 17) when I started meditating and practicing spiritual healing. It changed my life for ever.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.