/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nice G.I

starfortress
11-20-2006, 02:47 AM
We must admit one fact,not all US troops are evil,you'll feel better after watching this video.

Nice G.I

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-20-2006, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
We must admit one fact,not all US troops are evil,you'll feel better after watching this video.

Nice G.I
That goes without saying. I dislike all sweeping statements. Every single one of 'em. ;) :)

It's nice to see something... nice in here for a change.

Woodrow
11-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Just a reminder, if we look for good in people, we will usually find some.

Keltoi
11-20-2006, 03:16 AM
I would say soldiers like this are the rule and not the exception.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-20-2006, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I would say soldiers like this are the rule and not the exception.
I will say that during the years I served that was the way the typical was. I know that training has not changed that much and if anything it has probably improved. I would say that young soldier is more in line of a typical soldier than the ones who make the newspapers.

starfortress
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I will say that during the years I served that was the way the typical was. I know that training has not changed that much and if anything it has probably improved. I would say that young soldier is more in line of a typical soldier than the ones who make the newspapers.
:sl:
You was a soldier,which unit?I post this thread is to respond to some other thread which was merely to discredite and disgrace the US troops in Iraq,clearly its provide no beneficient to all forummers beside a bad temper.Any way 40's,50's60's troops behaved more polite than what we have today(Anywhere in the world).

Woodrow
11-21-2006, 03:36 AM
You was a soldier,which unit?I post this thread is to respond to some other thread which was merely to discredite and disgrace the US troops in Iraq,clearly its provide no beneficient to all forummers beside a bad temper.Any way 40's,50's60's troops behaved more polite than what we have today(Anywhere in the world).
USAF 1959-1967 Sky jocky for 4 years then severaly injured and rifted of flying status and commission. Got to stay in for 4 more years in an enlisted rank as a K-9 handler. served primarily in 8th, 2nd and 16th Air force. Most time was with the 380th Bomb Wing. Eventually had to take a medical discharge.

Personal ego makes me want to say that us GIs back then were more disciplined and better trained then the GIs of today. But, then I have met a number of GIs from todays era and I really don't see much difference. I do suspect they are now better trained and are more aware of proper conduct when in foreign lands, so I believe that the soccor player, is probably more like the majority of todays soldiers.

Keltoi
11-21-2006, 09:45 PM
That soldier had some pretty good moves though...

SilentObserver
11-22-2006, 06:40 AM
USAF 1959-1967 Sky jocky for 4 years then severaly injured and rifted of flying status and commission. Got to stay in for 4 more years in an enlisted rank as a K-9 handler. served primarily in 8th, 2nd and 16th Air force. Most time was with the 380th Bomb Wing. Eventually had to take a medical discharge.

Personal ego makes me want to say that us GIs back then were more disciplined and better trained then the GIs of today. But, then I have met a number of GIs from todays era and I really don't see much difference. I do suspect they are now better trained and are more aware of proper conduct when in foreign lands, so I believe that the soccor player, is probably more like the majority of todays soldiers.
Respect for Woodrow.

Goku
11-22-2006, 10:09 PM

Yep it is nice to see US troops being pleasent to the Iraqi people. I would like to think the majority of coalition forces are like that.

:w:

Skillganon
11-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Their is not hiddem agenda in disgracing the troops themselve. It is what they are seen as invader's (rightly so), something to be opposed and resisted.

I am not question the googness of individual, but you do not run into a car of a man who is offering you candy.

afriend
11-22-2006, 10:26 PM

I found that video refreshing and extremely nice! Brightenned up my whole day to be honest.

Thanks and Jazaki ALlah khair sister :)

Dawud_uk
11-23-2006, 09:48 AM
i am sure the 5000 rape cases in the normandy landing alone were all one offs as well and most of the US soldiers involved didnt go raping french women they were supposed to be liberating?

Muezzin
11-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Some comments on the video from the Youtube site.

siegfried1985: 'What's truly sad is that this sort of thing happens ALLLL the time, the news just does'nt show it. I know this because I played soccor with Iraqi kids every other day. And I know I'm not the only one.'

buckeyeyedave7: 'fortunately, things like this do happen all the time. the media doesnt care when we go out on civil affairs missions, school and hospital reconstruction, or just going from house to house getting to know the people in our villages.'

Happy things don't sell papers. I'm not saying newspapers and news reports should only show positive things, but there should be more of a balance. Just as Muslims get ticked off when a minority among them is given disproprortionate coverage, so too are American soldiers when an unprofessional minority among them is all over the news while the media ignores positive acts.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
i am sure the 5000 rape cases in the normandy landing alone were all one offs as well and most of the US soldiers involved didnt go raping french women they were supposed to be liberating?
What exactly does that have to do with the subject of this thread, with all due respect?

starfortress
11-23-2006, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Their is not hiddem agenda in disgracing the troops themselve. It is what they are seen as invader's (rightly so), something to be opposed and resisted.

I am not question the googness of individual, but you do not run into a car of a man who is offering you candy.
I dont know what to say...im in dilemma :muddlehea
Have you check the other thread before you make this quote a US soldier tease Iraqis children with water that contained almost same situation - Kids and U.S Soldiers,it shows some opposite behaviour,unethical value compared to this one,and the reason i post this, is only to respond to the thread that ive mention above,its all about to be fair.
It is simple for me.Black is black,blue is blue not blue is sea,and the black is night.

but you do not run into a car of a man who is offering you candy
Why not if the candy are safe and harmless for me.

p/s-i dont want to mess up this thread by posting a material from a closed thread.

Dawud_uk
11-23-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Some comments on the video from the Youtube site.

siegfried1985: 'What's truly sad is that this sort of thing happens ALLLL the time, the news just does'nt show it. I know this because I played soccor with Iraqi kids every other day. And I know I'm not the only one.'

buckeyeyedave7: 'fortunately, things like this do happen all the time. the media doesnt care when we go out on civil affairs missions, school and hospital reconstruction, or just going from house to house getting to know the people in our villages.'

Happy things don't sell papers. I'm not saying newspapers and news reports should only show positive things, but there should be more of a balance. Just as Muslims get ticked off when a minority among them is given disproprortionate coverage, so too are American soldiers when an unprofessional minority among them is all over the news while the media ignores positive acts.

What exactly does that have to do with the subject of this thread, with all due respect?
i am saying dont swallow the cuddly wuddly propoganda, there is good and bad in all but over all i know what the US soldiers have done in their past to their 'allies' nevermind their enemies.

Dawud_uk
11-23-2006, 12:30 PM
here is another video of some nice GI's playing with some iraqi kids...

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

enjoy the feel good factor everyone.

Abu Abdullah

Muezzin
11-23-2006, 12:33 PM
i am saying dont swallow the cuddly wuddly propoganda, there is good and bad in all but over all i know what the US soldiers have done in their past to their 'allies' nevermind their enemies.
The same kind of thing is said about Muslims by extreme right nuts.

I don't think anyone here is swallowing propaganda. If they were, they would deny that certain US troops ever do anything morally wrong or illegal. I'm just saying take the good (the video in the first post) with the bad (the video you mentioned above).

Dawud_uk
11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
i dont much care if he is the nicest man in the world,

he is still part of an invading army who are occupying the muslim lands and so therefore i make du'a insha'allah he either accepts islam or is destroyed. he is the enemy of islam no matter how well he smiles or plays football.

Keltoi
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM

he is still part of an invading army who are occupying the muslim lands and so therefore i make du'a insha'allah he either accepts islam or is destroyed. he is the enemy of islam no matter how well he smiles or plays football.
and you have just reinforced every negative stereotype about Muslims....congratulations once again.

Woodrow
11-23-2006, 03:42 PM

Do you honestly know what is in the heart of that man? Did he join the Army to be an instruement for peace or did he join to kill Muslims? Do you even know if he is or is not Muslim himself? There are many Muslims serving in the US Army and some are serving in Iraq. Some are of Iraqi ancestry and have volunteered for Iraq duty in order to do their part to assure fair treatment of Iraqis.

You may be well informed of the errors in American foreign policy, but do you truly know what is the intentions or deeds of any individual soldier?

Woodrow
11-23-2006, 03:57 PM
In Reference to my above post:

Muslims in the U.S. military are as loyal as any, chaplain says
Saturday, October 20, 2001

By MIKE BARBER
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

FORT LEWIS -- Each Friday, soldiers in battle-dress camouflage here remove their boots, face Mecca and prostrate themselves, heads bowed to the carpet in obedience to Allah.

In the military base's Islamic Chapel Center, they recite their Jumah prayers, following the lead of Capt. James Yee, a West Point graduate and a convert to Islam who is chaplain of Fort Lewis' largest battalion.

More than a month after terrorist attacks sent the United States into war against Middle Eastern terrorists who twist Islam to validate their perversions, Yee and military chaplains in general are playing increasingly important roles.

And in the first U.S. war with religious overtones, especially after calls by terrorists for "holy war" against the United States, Yee has become one of the most sought-after figures at the base, called upon to edify others about Islam and to elaborate on the relationship between soldiering and spirituality.

"Most people want to know how Sept. 11 fits into Islam," said Yee, 33, a former Lutheran who specialized in air artillery defense and was a Patriot missile fire control officer before becoming a chaplain.

"What happened is un-Islamic and categorically denied by a great majority of Muslim scholars around the world," he said of the terrorists who commandeered passenger jets and slammed them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania, killing people from all faiths.

Yee is chaplain of the 700-member 29th Signal Battalion, which counts nearly a dozen Muslim soldiers in its ranks. He estimates that there are 100 to 150 Muslim soldiers at Fort Lewis and McChord Air Force Base.

The number of Muslims in the U.S. military is hard to estimate. Estimates vary from 4,000 to more than 12,000. Armywide, Yee knows of at least seven other posts with Muslim chaplains.
Source:http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/attack...plains20.shtml

Although that is an outdated article, the number of Muslims in the US Army is growing, mostly because of Iraq and they are volunteering for Iraq duty in hopes of being Peace keepers.

Keltoi
11-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I've talked to quite a few of the soldiers who did tours of duty in Iraq and have returned. Almost all of them, regardless of what horrors they might have witnessed, like the Iraqi people and tried to do their best to help them out. A video has been shown of soldiers teasing with a bottle of water, but there is no video showing the thousands of water deliveries to villages and neighborhoods by the U.S. military. There are no videos showing the daily activities of the average soldier whose only goal is to do some good in a bad situation. Yes, as in all war, there will be mistakes and outright brutality on the part of some. Regardless of the right or wrong of the occupation, the average soldier would rather be playing soccer with Iraqi children than engaging in a firefight.

Dawud_uk
11-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Do you honestly know what is in the heart of that man? Did he join the Army to be an instruement for peace or did he join to kill Muslims? Do you even know if he is or is not Muslim himself? There are many Muslims serving in the US Army and some are serving in Iraq. Some are of Iraqi ancestry and have volunteered for Iraq duty in order to do their part to assure fair treatment of Iraqis.

You may be well informed of the errors in American foreign policy, but do you truly know what is the intentions or deeds of any individual soldier?

any muslim for fights for the invading forces has commited clear and open kufr, as have those who cooperate with them.

even supplying weapons or or supplies to the enemies of islam is open kufr.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Keltoi
11-23-2006, 04:19 PM
any muslim for fights for the invading forces has commited clear and open kufr, as have those who cooperate with them.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
I would imagine the Muslims soldiers who signed up for duty believed that removing Saddam Hussein was very much an Islamic act.

Woodrow
11-23-2006, 04:23 PM

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Wa Sallamu Dawud

Are they fighting as invaders or are they doing their best to assure that their fellow soldiers do not become invaders and do treat Iraqi's fairly. remember an American GI does not gain from the spoils of war. No American GI can legaly gain any property or wealth from combat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.