/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed for Muslims to...

anonymous
11-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Salaams my brothers and sisters;

Is it allowed for a muslim to enter the places of worship of other faiths, such as churches, synagogues, gurudwaras and etc..??

As sometimes at my work we have to go to these places.

So, If anyone knows any fatwaa circulating this, please Inform me Insha'Allah.

Thank you In advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
11-20-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng

Try searching on that site :)

Re.TiReD
11-20-2006, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Is it allowed for a muslim to enter the places of worship of other faiths, such as churches, synagogues, gurudwaras and etc..??

Thank you In advance.
hmmm I cant offer no evidence from Quran or Sunnah but common sense would say why not? dont wanna say too much in case am wrong but thats what I think :sl:

zaria
11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree. If you are strong in your belief, you should be able to go

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Thank you In advance.
Try this thread :
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...visit+churches
I hope it helps ...

peace

DigitalStorm82
11-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Question:
There are many churches here. Is it permissible to go into them to hold discussions with the priests there? Is it permissible to go in just to look at them and see what the people do there?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for scholars and knowledgeable people to enter churches in order to call the people there to Islam. But we should not enter them just to look around, because there is no benefit in doing so, and there is the fear that the Muslim may be influenced by them, especially if he is ignorant about his own religion and cannot refute the confusion that they will direct towards him.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 13/257

Umar001
11-21-2006, 03:03 AM
I have read totally different, I heard the prophet peace be upon him didnt go in places with pictures.

But then I read on a load-islam page that Umar may Allah be pleased with him didnt go into a church for another reason.

so am not sure.

anonymous
11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Salaams,

thank-you all for your replies!

so according to the standing comittee if i were to look around as a part of an expedition from my work place, it's not allowed.due to fear that he/she might get influenced
I do understand that clearly, makes sense thank-you!

and IsaAbdullah ...

I heard the prophet peace be upon him didnt go in places with pictures
That's a very good point, but then we'd have to exclude a whole lota other places too, everywhere nowadays has pictures, look at the public transport for instance, we can't do without it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.